WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - V St.Helens CC Risk players or take the loss?

Board index Super League Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk V St.Helens CC Risk players or take the loss?

Posted by Jake the Peg on Mon May 14, 2018 7:53 pm
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,907

Quiz Score: 416

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 27362
knockersbumpMKII wrote:
It's not a silly question because our 'strongest' side is usually half full of players not fully fit and jabbed up, thus making them more susceptible to injury and actually not performing during the match anyway.
The possibility that player welfare is put at risk on top of potentially losing them for longer against sitting them out for a game where it might not be worth the risk and simply trust to the players that do out there is a genuine poser.

Our strongest side is the one that is fittest and players in their normal positions, that doesn't mean putting out players who are a risk/only just come back after a long lay-off and not match fit.

That post sums up your lack of knowledge of the game. Every club will have players carrying knocks and jabbed up every week. If they didn't no one would be able to field a team.
Posted by Tarquin Fuego on Mon May 14, 2018 10:06 pm
Tarquin Fuego User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:23 am
Posts: 2285
Location: United Kingdom
We save every player for the CC game
We are one game from Wembley
Because if we beat Saints then we win the Semi
We won’t make GF - way too inconsistent
Our best team lost at Salford earlier

The CC is a massive money spinner and I truly believe if we beat Saints we will win the Semi v Giants or Dragons lol
Really we will win the Semi if we beat Saints
So being only 1 match from wembley we go all out to win that match
That’s obvious to me as a Fan and would be to me as an owner
I have lost interest
Posted by rodney_trotter on Tue May 15, 2018 12:07 am
rodney_trotter User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:54 pm
Posts: 223
Go for it guns blazing

Make it our game of the season

If we can beat Saints then we’d stand a good chance of winning the cup again, that’s the way I see it
Posted by knockersbumpMKII on Tue May 15, 2018 6:38 am
knockersbumpMKII Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 24th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 396

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:41 pm
Posts: 4824
Location: Letchworth Garden City,
Jake the Peg wrote:
That post sums up your lack of knowledge of the game. Every club will have players carrying knocks and jabbed up every week. If they didn't no one would be able to field a team.

No, it sums up your ignorance and understanding of the question I asked in the first instance, all you could come up with is to attack me.
Promoting young/squad players to play in a game can not only bring you the unexpected which we've seen Radford do in the past but also doesn't risk players who can pick up yet another injury that could well scupper any chances of performing further down the line/deeper into the season.

You also ignore player welfare, yeah, play players jabbed up and look what happened to Carlos. Playing players carrying injuries that don't end up performing as they should week in, week out and that has a negative effect in game and then end up being out for far longer due to being played carrying a knock and having a bigger effect than simply resting them for an extra game or two.

You're clueless if you think managing some players injuries means we would never have a team to field :CRAZY: I was clearly talking about risking players who if they break down again would have a massive impact on our season, I asked the question, I did not say that is what we should do, hence why it was an open question to debate, something you are clearly not capable of doing yet again and all you can do is throw childish insults!
Posted by Chris28 on Tue May 15, 2018 9:33 am
Chris28 User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:52 pm
Posts: 17875
Location: Packed like sardines, in a tin
Can we all develop a thicker skin please?

I've seen nothing but pointless arguing on this board for a while, with toys out of the pram over the most minor things. Frankly I'm bored with it. If people can't discuss issues without descending into playground insults then the mods will take away the opportunity for posters to take part.
2005 Challenge Cup

To reconcile respect with practicality, what is the optimum speed for a hearse?
Posted by Armavinit on Tue May 15, 2018 9:52 am
Armavinit User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 765
knockersbumpMKII wrote:
No, it sums up your ignorance and understanding of the question I asked in the first instance, all you could come up with is to attack me.
Promoting young/squad players to play in a game can not only bring you the unexpected which we've seen Radford do in the past but also doesn't risk players who can pick up yet another injury that could well scupper any chances of performing further down the line/deeper into the season.

You also ignore player welfare, yeah, play players jabbed up and look what happened to Carlos. Playing players carrying injuries that don't end up performing as they should week in, week out and that has a negative effect in game and then end up being out for far longer due to being played carrying a knock and having a bigger effect than simply resting them for an extra game or two.

You're clueless if you think managing some players injuries means we would never have a team to field :CRAZY: I was clearly talking about risking players who if they break down again would have a massive impact on our season, I asked the question, I did not say that is what we should do, hence why it was an open question to debate, something you are clearly not capable of doing yet again and all you can do is throw childish insults!

Tony, please lighten up. Stick to your opinions and the world will be a nicer place. When people jibe you, just think of riding your pushbike in your FC top :P
Posted by knockersbumpMKII on Wed May 16, 2018 2:56 pm
knockersbumpMKII Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 24th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 396

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:41 pm
Posts: 4824
Location: Letchworth Garden City,
Armavinit wrote:
Tony, please lighten up. Stick to your opinions and the world will be a nicer place. When people jibe you, just think of riding your pushbike in your FC top :P

I did that yesterday, wore it to the Leeds home game too, mater and I are going to cycle to the next home game I'm down for, I've also built a new carbon black and white bike :D
Posted by Jake the Peg on Wed May 16, 2018 4:33 pm
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,907

Quiz Score: 416

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 27362
knockersbumpMKII wrote:
No, it sums up your ignorance and understanding of the question I asked in the first instance, all you could come up with is to attack me.
Promoting young/squad players to play in a game can not only bring you the unexpected which we've seen Radford do in the past but also doesn't risk players who can pick up yet another injury that could well scupper any chances of performing further down the line/deeper into the season.

You also ignore player welfare, yeah, play players jabbed up and look what happened to Carlos. Playing players carrying injuries that don't end up performing as they should week in, week out and that has a negative effect in game and then end up being out for far longer due to being played carrying a knock and having a bigger effect than simply resting them for an extra game or two.

You're clueless if you think managing some players injuries means we would never have a team to field :CRAZY: I was clearly talking about risking players who if they break down again would have a massive impact on our season, I asked the question, I did not say that is what we should do, hence why it was an open question to debate, something you are clearly not capable of doing yet again and all you can do is throw childish insults!


And you'd be straight on radford's back for fielding a weakened team and losing an important cup game. These players are pro sportsmen who are used to playing below 100% fit week in, week out. Go in any club on game day and probably half the team will need pain killing injections to get through.

If we didn't do it we'd probably be relegated
Posted by knockersbumpMKII on Wed May 16, 2018 5:42 pm
knockersbumpMKII Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 24th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 396

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:41 pm
Posts: 4824
Location: Letchworth Garden City,
Give it up, you predict what I'm thinking now. :CRAZY: I posed the question in the first instance so clearly I'm open to the possibility that that is something that might be an option that works out better for the club and the players themselves from a welfare POV. I then gave my reasons why.
Indeed lee Radford has done exactly the same thing and it was successful, maybe you should have a pop at him for fielding a weakened team when he didn't need too! :lol:
Your response is utterly ludicrous and just so typical of your mentality, you can't enter into a debate normally about matters, you keep on going for inflammatory posts trying to illicit conflict again and again proving the points I've stated about you.

Kelly won't be fully fit so I hope we don't play him because the chances of him getting busted up mid game if not for the rest of the season are massively increased, same for any other player that is 50/50, I don't want players playing jabbed up not just risking further injury but not good on player welfare. if we are balancing what happens in the league and to give us every chance then putting faith in some of the junior players if need be (hopefully not too many) but it still gives us chance to pull off a surprise victory a la 2013 in the cup when we outplayed a flying Warrington team and indeed Catalans.
Posted by Jake the Peg on Wed May 16, 2018 5:52 pm
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,907

Quiz Score: 416

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 27362
knockersbumpMKII wrote:
Give it up, you predict what I'm thinking now. :CRAZY: I posed the question in the first instance so clearly I'm open to the possibility that that is something that might be an option that works out better for the club and the players themselves from a welfare POV. I then gave my reasons why.
Indeed lee Radford has done exactly the same thing and it was successful, maybe you should have a pop at him for fielding a weakened team when he didn't need too! :lol:
Your response is utterly ludicrous and just so typical of your mentality, you can't enter into a debate normally about matters, you keep on going for inflammatory posts trying to illicit conflict again and again proving the points I've stated about you.

Kelly won't be fully fit so I hope we don't play him because the chances of him getting busted up mid game if not for the rest of the season are massively increased, same for any other player that is 50/50, I don't want players playing jabbed up not just risking further injury but not good on player welfare. if we are balancing what happens in the league and to give us every chance then putting faith in some of the junior players if need be (hopefully not too many) but it still gives us chance to pull off a surprise victory a la 2013 in the cup when we outplayed a flying Warrington team and indeed Catalans.

I can't believe how much contradictory Shiite you post. I admire your persistence though and I've rarely seen someone who is so consistently wrong yet persistent with it. Those who have blocked your posts miss some comedy gold. Keep it up
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: C for Cuckoo, Erik the not red, Faithful One, Greavsie, K-Diddy, Leigh_Manning, paperboy, shauney, themightynortherner, Touchliner and 139 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,748,6951,38076,9074,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 15:00
 CH ONE
LONDON SKOLARS
v
CRUSADERS
TODAY 15:00
 CH ONE
WEST WALES
v
WHITEHAVEN
TODAY 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
SHEFFIELD
v
FEATHERSTONE
TODAY 20:30
 CHAMPIONSHIP
TORONTO
v
BARROW RAIDERS
TODAY 21:10
INTERNATIONAL
ENGLAND
v
NEW ZEALAND
Fri 29th Jun 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Thu 5th Jul 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
HUDDERSFIELD
v
HULL FC
Fri 13th Jul 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
ST. HELENS
Sun 22nd Jul 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL FC
Fri 27th Jul 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
HULL KR
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






34