WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Who are going to be the standout players in 2018?

Board index Super League Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk Who are going to be the standout players in 2018?

Posted by knockersbumpMKII on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:14 am
knockersbumpMKII

Whilst Kelly and Sneyd are likely to be the biggest influencers giv en their roles but I'm hoping other players are going to lay down a marker.

Watts has been outstanding and despite his (ridiculous) sending's off last season he was one of the best forwards in the comp and deserved to go to the WC IMHO, With MP coming into the side I wonder if watts is going to take a more ball handling role as he certainly has the talent.

Bowden has slowly but surely come to be a huge integral part of the forward line, some of his stints last season were truly outstanding and he rarely let's us down, thinking another big season on the cards.

Dean Hadley, such a workmanlike player and no less talented, had a blinding season at Wakey, if Watts isn't going to be taking the 13 role then maybe DH will, can he be the connection a la SoL that could see us piling in tries out wide? Certainly hope that he gets to play in the DH role when needed and to rest Houghton or to cover him if injured as opposed to shoving Washbrook there as I think Hadley is a superior player.

Bureta, with Carlos on his inside and IF we are able to get the ball that way quick with Watts or DH as a catalyst I'm thinking FB is going to bag 20 tries next season and be a direct replacement for Fonua and maybe even a bit more.
Posted by rodney_trotter on Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:53 am
rodney_trotter User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

I have high expectations from Jake Connor whether he's playing centre, SO or FB

He's the player I'm most curious about seeing how he kicks on from last year. Bags of potential and great hands etc.
Posted by Wilde 3 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:05 am
Wilde 3 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,275

Quiz Score: 496

Really looking forward to seeing Hakim Miloudi. I don't think he will get a lot of game time, but could become the Maverick player we need if we lose Kelly at the end of this year.
Posted by mk_fc on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:13 am
mk_fc User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

I also want to see what a year with the Dobbins has done to Abdull. From what I've seen / heard it should all be good (for once)
Posted by the artist on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:31 pm
the artist User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

jake connor can take the next step in his career and become an international player. there's a vacancy for a centre in the GB squad
The referee's indecision is final
Posted by bonaire on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:43 pm
bonaire Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,275

Quiz Score: 0

the artist wrote:
jake connor can take the next step in his career and become an international player. there's a vacancy for a centre in the GB squad

Starting to really like Connor.If he had real pace he would undoubtably be an International player.
Posted by oooh Gravy! on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:00 am
oooh Gravy! User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

bonaire wrote:
Starting to really like Connor.If he had real pace he would undoubtably be an International player.

Ironically he's probably quicker than Bateman with much more skill.

Connor has fast become one of my favourite players, hes got some crazy skills and makes things happen, his defence improved and he's a more than reliable goal kicker. I'm hoping he kicks on again and really rips it up in 2018.
"You dirty dog number 10"