FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - UPDATE- hull FC cycling jersey/visit to Oppy Wood
knockersbumpMKII 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years318th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Okay, so I'm planning to drive down to Lens for a few days and cycle down to Oppy village for the Rememberance & commemeration service on the 3rd May and stay for a few more days to get a few miles in on the bike and on the 5th cycle over to Arras to pay respects at the Arras memorial as this will be the 100th anniversary of Jack Harrison's death and he and other Hull Pals are named there having no seperate grave.
And as a side note if anyone really wanted something to be laid either on the 3rd at Oppy or 5th at Arras and couldn't get someone on the coach trips that are apparently going from Hull, I'd take it if it wasn't too big/fragile as I'd be putting it into my cycle pannier bags.
You would have to post it to me in Hertfordshire however. Just a thought.

For the trip I was hoping to get a special Hull FC cycle jersey commissioned.
I always wanted to get one done to replicate a Hull jersey but never got around to it but would like to get one not just for this commemoration but for me to wear whenever I feel like it. Special cycling events would be brilliant to wear it for.
So, what design.
traditional irregular hoops but really old style or the 70s/early 80s? Also the original 'White star' design and if so a logo/design/wording on the back as it'll be all black?
I won't be ripping the clubs badge off so will just use the city's 3 crowns and Hull FC 1865 underneath on the left breast.

I'd love to have a 150 year legacy style shirt done with all the players that ever played for the club in that time but would push costs up astronomically (a single one-off jersey is likely to cost £120-£170 anyway)
Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated, even better if you already have a design on the accepted file formats to forward on.

If I can get something sorted and others were interested potentially could do a run of 10 but still going to work out pretty spendy but who else will have one :D
Last edited by knockersbumpMKII on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knockersbumpMKII 
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years318th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

I've seen this done by 'Hendrix', anyone know the poster? minus the sponsors logos I think this could be close to what I'm after and work with the longer length of cycle jersey.
http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p53 ... d13756.jpg
I've seen this done by 'Hendrix', anyone know the poster? minus the sponsors logos I think this could be close to what I'm after and work with the longer length of cycle jersey.
http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p53 ... d13756.jpg
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7198
JoinedServiceReputation
May 06 200915 years34th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 13:4515th Apr 24 08:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
once a black and white always a black and white COYH

cant say I agree with most of your posts bumpy, but gotta say mate when reading this post I take my hat of to you, have been to a lot of the war sites first and second world wars, humbling to say the least, sometimes we forget this is just rugby and those brave lads gave the ultimate, I take my hat of to you bumpy,
RankPostsTeam
International Star2288
JoinedServiceReputation
May 24 201113 years37th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 12:1719th Apr 24 12:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Hope to see you there.
knockersbumpMKII 
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years318th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

hull2524 wrote:
cant say I agree with most of your posts bumpy, but gotta say mate when reading this post I take my hat of to you, have been to a lot of the war sites first and second world wars, humbling to say the least, sometimes we forget this is just rugby and those brave lads gave the ultimate, I take my hat of to you bumpy,

it's a forum, one expects not to agree on matters, it's the vitriol shown by certain posters that I can't tolerate.
I used to be a regular cycle tourist around France so i've seen my fair share of the cemetaries in passing but only stopped at a few mostly in the Somme bay area.
I haven't been over in recent years for various reasons but thought this was something I'd make the effort for but have only just being able to confirm I can make it so it's all a bit last minute larry.
Initially was going to cycle all the way and get a base to cycle out from but that would literally add 3 full days and almost 200 miles as cycling from N.Herts to Dover is a bit of a bind tbh and would be two days, then it's another 60miles (avoiding the motorway) to Lens from Calais. doable but I hate cycling in the rain, more so if it's a long journey and I wouldn't be able to bring plonk back.
I've done my miles in the past, too unfit and old for that shizzle now.lol

Armavinit wrote:
Hope to see you there.

I think they'll be a fair few there but with a bit of luck I'll be the one with the black bike and wearing a Hull FC style cycling jersey :D
RankPostsTeam
International Star143No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 29 200914 years313th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Mar 24 18:0921st Feb 24 15:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Cycling jersey, if you can get something like the below for less than £50 each then I'm interested...

This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
knockersbumpMKII 
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years318th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

These guys seem to be about the best price but need a minimum of 5 jerseys. cost would be £40+VAT each.
I'm happy to go in for 3 http://www.thecyclejersey.com/custom-jerseys/
The top design I like but with a few changes.
'Hull FC' in white across on the black band below the shoulder as opposed to the badge.
The three crowns to be plain white on black with the smaller lettering also in white as it's on the black band
no 'airlie birds' on the front chest and the banding to continue across the rear pockets.
If that doesn't sound something you'd like NP.
These guys seem to be about the best price but need a minimum of 5 jerseys. cost would be £40+VAT each.
'Hull FC' in white across on the black band below the shoulder as opposed to the badge.
The three crowns to be plain white on black with the smaller lettering also in white as it's on the black band
no 'airlie birds' on the front chest and the banding to continue across the rear pockets.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1269No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200518 years315th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Oct 23 16:065th Aug 23 04:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Love the top one. I'd certainly be interested.
Ferb 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 25 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Mar 17 08:3525th Mar 17 08:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Hi Do not post but long time viewer of the forum, I would be interested in the cycling jersey either style would be fine. I would need XL size as I am no skinny racing wippet.
RankPostsTeam
International Star143No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 29 200914 years313th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Mar 24 18:0921st Feb 24 15:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

knockersbumpMKII wrote:

No problem I can do the suggested changes and supply the print ready logos for you. I think you then send the sketch & logos to the manufacturer and they will produce the artwork. Can't do it while Thursday as I'm away until then.
knockersbumpMKII wrote:

No problem I can do the suggested changes and supply the print ready logos for you. I think you then send the sketch & logos to the manufacturer and they will produce the artwork. Can't do it while Thursday as I'm away until then.
Next

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
RD 8 Huddersfield Giants H
Exeter Rhino
2m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Jake the Peg
2m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD