WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wigan next up - oh yeah baby

Board index Super League Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk Wigan next up - oh yeah baby

Re: Wigan next up - oh yeah baby
Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:15 am
Posted by The Judge on Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:15 am
The Judge User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:30 pm
Posts: 277
Location: North Yorks
Great result for us, cracking game to watch. We did it the hard way in the end but we did it. Kelly not seen much of after he got battered after the ball had gone and Shaul not the same after his heroic last ditch tackle.
Williams for them is getting better every time I see him, absolute class.
A tough week ahead with the injury count but onwards and upwards.
Fantastic journey both ways to be savoured on a friday night, 3 and 1/2 hours to do 80 miles for me.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and proudly proclaiming `Wow, what a ride`
Re: Wigan next up - oh yeah baby
Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:26 am
Posted by weaver93 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:26 am
weaver93 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:25 pm
Posts: 3443
Location: West Hull
Superb herculean effort in defence...

But... as Lee Radford has stated..

"The first-half effort defensively was great, the energy they played with one another was as good as it gets. But if you keep hold of the ball, you don't have to defend that hard, it's a real simple equation."

If we carry on, in this manner, we'll be burnt out ,before the season ends..

Its time, Radford/Pearson, brought in another Asst Coach, to improve our team
in this weakness in our game...

Whatever preparation in attack training, we are doing, needs addressing..sooner rather
than later -IMO
Re: Wigan next up - oh yeah baby
Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:52 am
Posted by Dave K. on Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:52 am
Dave K. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 16th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 40

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:48 am
Posts: 18283
Location: Back in Hull.
weaver93 wrote:
Superb herculean effort in defence...

But... as Lee Radford has stated..

"The first-half effort defensively was great, the energy they played with one another was as good as it gets. But if you keep hold of the ball, you don't have to defend that hard, it's a real simple equation."

If we carry on, in this manner, we'll be burnt out ,before the season ends..

Its time, Radford/Pearson, brought in another Asst Coach, to improve our team
in this weakness in our game...

Whatever preparation in attack training, we are doing, needs addressing..sooner rather
than later -IMO


Are you after a job? As you seem to mention this nearly every post, our attacking play is getting better every week and will improve along with our handling.

I think our backroom staff is fine, we have an extra man in Yeaman this year, so not sure why we need to waste money on another coach, seems pointless.

Houghton going off has massive impact on our defence and attack and has he not got injured we would have won that game comfy.
Re: Wigan next up - oh yeah baby
Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:03 am
Posted by weaver93 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:03 am
weaver93 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:25 pm
Posts: 3443
Location: West Hull
Dave K. wrote:
Are you after a job? As you seem to mention this nearly every post, our attacking play is getting better every week and will improve along with our handling.

I think our backroom staff is fine, we have an extra man in Yeaman this year, so not sure why we need to waste money on another coach, seems pointless.

Houghton going off has massive impact on our defence and attack and has he not got injured we would have won that game comfy.


I mention this every post, because its happening every week, and its not improving.
(albeit the Huddersfield performance). in my opinion.

We'll agree to disagree...
Re: Wigan next up - oh yeah baby
Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:04 am
Posted by Stanley Unwin on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:04 am
Stanley Unwin Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:08 pm
Posts: 1728
I'm not sure I've come to the right place? I woke up this morning convinced we had just won away from home at the current SL and World Club champions who were currently top of the league? We still won despite losing the reigning man of steel in the first quarter of the match. Oh, and did I mention we had just gone top of the league?

Reading through some of the posts on here, I had to check I wasn't on the Widnes board.

2 points against Wigan away is all that will be remembered in a few weeks time.
Re: Wigan next up - oh yeah baby
Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:13 am
Posted by Dave K. on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:13 am
Dave K. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 16th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 40

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:48 am
Posts: 18283
Location: Back in Hull.
weaver93 wrote:
I mention this every post, because its happening every week, and its not improving.
(albeit the Huddersfield performance). in my opinion.

We'll agree to disagree...


Our attack is massively improving each week, Pearson and Radford think we are ok in the coaching department and despite not playing great we are top of the league and doing much better than last year.
Re: Wigan next up - oh yeah baby
Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:38 am
Posted by DGM on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:38 am
DGM User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:49 am
Posts: 2259
weaver93 wrote:
I mention this every post, because its happening every week, and its not improving.
(albeit the Huddersfield performance). in my opinion.

We'll agree to disagree...


It's only March, we're 5 from 6. The performances will come, don't forget we're still "massively undercooked" from our lacklustre preseason.
Cup Winners: 1914, 1982, 2005, 2016, 2017.
Cup Runners-Up: 1908, 1909, 1910, 1922, 1923, 1959, 1960, 1980, 1983, 1985, 2008, 2013.
League Champions: 1920, 1921, 1936, 1956, 1958, 1983.
League Runners-Up: 1957, 1982, 1984, 2006.
Re: Wigan next up - oh yeah baby
Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:57 am
Posted by UllFC on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:57 am
UllFC User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 19th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 14947
Didnt go last night so cant comment on the performance. But great result, we've gone to the World Champions and shown that we mean business. The gametime given to the younger/squad players back in 2015 and this preseason is paying off as they are stepping in to cover without our performance dropping.
Re: Wigan next up - oh yeah baby
Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:00 am
Posted by Mrs Barista on Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:00 am
Mrs Barista User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 17th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 608

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:28 am
Posts: 25290
Location: West Yorkshire
Stanley Unwin wrote:
I'm not sure I've come to the right place? I woke up this morning convinced we had just won away from home at the current SL and World Club champions who were currently top of the league? We still won despite losing the reigning man of steel in the first quarter of the match. Oh, and did I mention we had just gone top of the league?

Reading through some of the posts on here, I had to check I wasn't on the Widnes board.

2 points against Wigan away is all that will be remembered in a few weeks time.


Crazy isn't it? Dropped too much ball last night resulting in defensive pressure we didn't need, yes, but not too much else to complain about. Good to see the victory "squeeze" back, and Kelly loving it at the end. Travelling OK for me. Not long since Agar was here and we were looking up at almost everyone at this point. :lol:
Re: Wigan next up - oh yeah baby
Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:01 am
Posted by hull smallears on Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:01 am
hull smallears User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:15 pm
Posts: 8452
Location: Location Location
Couldn't see the game clock from the top of the stand where I was, and thought we were playing on until wigan scored! Great win, will take the 2 points and if Radford is not happy, that's a good sign to me after beating the champs away. More concerning are his remarks around a perceived lack of interest in training (paraphrasing). I wonder who this might be?
Know your Enemy
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cardiff_05 and 60 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk





POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,678,07290776,4624,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 1st Feb 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 10th Feb 08:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL FC
Sat 17th Feb
WCC
ST GEORGE
v
HULL FC
Sat 24th Feb 15:15
SUPER LEAGUE
CASTLEFORD
v
HULL FC
Fri 2nd Mar 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
WARRINGTON
Thu 8th Mar 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL FC
Fri 16th Mar 19:30
SUPER LEAGUE
SALFORD
v
HULL FC
Fri 23rd Mar 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Fri 30th Mar 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL KR
v
HULL FC
Mon 2nd Apr 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM