Mar 22 200717 years263rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 22:0919th Apr 24 21:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: O/T Cooke and his book : Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:29 pm  
Sam94 wrote:
You say understand most things , therefore you admit there are some things you don't understand .

After Cookie signed for Rovers James Rule stated that legal action against Cookie was pending , but did not specify when this would happen . As to leave it as a threat hanging over Cookie .

Hudgell is well respected in the legal business , as you say rightly his business is medical negligence , but he is close friends with many barristers one namely Karl Turner I would think he is pretty clued up on all other aspects of everything legal .

He knew signing Cookie would entail threats from Hull FC , but what happened did James Rule pursue any legal revenues ? The answer is no nothing materialised did it .

Back on topic I think Cookies book will be purchased by a lot of Hull FC fans . He made his mistakes but he was a great player for Hull , it was the.clubs failure to secure his contract , Hull FC failed and Cookie signed for Rovers leaving a bitter taste in the mouth of Hull fans .

Him ripping Hull apart in the derbies and him obviously enjoying it only flamed the fire . The chants at Craven Park from Hull fans wishing him to die etc just showed how bitter the Hull fans were , this obviously spurred Cookie on even more to play well against you .

The abuse he got from you in his personal life was uncalled for , you have previous on this you only have to look at the way to treated Brett Seymour and Jacob Miller .

Who's fault was it Cookie didn't sign a contract at Hull FC ? It was Hull FCs fault ..indeed a bitter pill to swallow

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach559No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 18 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 20 14:3313th Mar 20 17:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
If your going through Hell,..........Keep going!!! (Winston Churchill)

Re: O/T Cooke and his book : Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:38 pm  
Sam94 wrote:
You say understand most things , therefore you admit there are some things you don't understand .

After Cookie signed for Rovers James Rule stated that legal action against Cookie was pending , but did not specify when this would happen . As to leave it as a threat hanging over Cookie .

Hudgell is well respected in the legal business , as you say rightly his business is medical negligence , but he is close friends with many barristers one namely Karl Turner I would think he is pretty clued up on all other aspects of everything legal .

He knew signing Cookie would entail threats from Hull FC , but what happened did James Rule pursue any legal revenues ? The answer is no nothing materialised did it .

Back on topic I think Cookies book will be purchased by a lot of Hull FC fans . He made his mistakes but he was a great player for Hull , it was the.clubs failure to secure his contract , Hull FC failed and Cookie signed for Rovers leaving a bitter taste in the mouth of Hull fans .

Him ripping Hull apart in the derbies and him obviously enjoying it only flamed the fire . The chants at Craven Park from Hull fans wishing him to die etc just showed how bitter the Hull fans were , this obviously spurred Cookie on even more to play well against you .

The abuse he got from you in his personal life was uncalled for , you have previous on this you only have to look at the way to treated Brett Seymour and Jacob Miller .

Who's fault was it Cookie didn't sign a contract at Hull FC ? It was Hull FCs fault ..indeed a bitter pill to swallow

Cooke was under legal contract the moment he accepted wages from the club (no signature required), He received a six month ban for renaging on the contract from the RFL. The club felt the legal costs outwayed any advantage of taking him to court. No problem with him leaving, just should have done it at the right time i.e. end of season.
As for him taking flak from us, how do you feel about Watts & Taylor or am I hearing things when they play against you???
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12581
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years128th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 22:5019th Apr 24 07:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.

Re: O/T Cooke and his book : Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:44 am  
unknownlegend wrote:
Cooke was under legal contract the moment he accepted wages from the club (no signature required), He received a six month ban for renaging on the contract from the RFL. The club felt the legal costs outwayed any advantage of taking him to court. No problem with him leaving, just should have done it at the right time i.e. end of season.
As for him taking flak from us, how do you feel about Watts & Taylor or am I hearing things when they play against you???

Oh, go on then, for old time's sake.

He was under contract, but the conditions of that contract were not defined. Hull were probably entitled to some sort of notice period, but the rumours have always been that they 'waived it'. That's one potential point of interest in the book.

The RFL banned him for approaching Rovers while registered with Hull. Not for reneging on his contract.

The costs of pursuing him through the courts potentially included the significant embarrassment of a probable loss. IMO.

No strong feelings about the sale of Watts and Taylor, or them personally. It was years ago anyway. Taylor made a bit of a hash of it, but that he wanted to move to Hull was his choice (some people are Hull fans, I'm over it. Or you just offered better prospects, whatever), and he got there eventualily, picking up a double along the way. Watts seems to have grown up, which is nice.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4255No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Sep 19 18:1625th Aug 19 09:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: O/T Cooke and his book : Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:43 pm  
He was treat to some awful behaviour & threats, it was idiots that did this not FC fans in my eyes, his book will be brilliant & will open a few people's eyes, after all it's a job to these blokes, some just take it to another level with obsession.
Sam94 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain125No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 12 20168 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Jan 17 11:5722nd Jan 17 09:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: O/T Cooke and his book : Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:38 pm  
easthull fc fan wrote:
He was treat to some awful behaviour & threats, it was idiots that did this not FC fans in my eyes, his book will be brilliant & will open a few people's eyes, after all it's a job to these blokes, some just take it to another level with obsession.

Was it not the Hull FC fans that were chanting " Die Die Cookie , Cookie Die " from the south stand at Rovers a few years ago ?

If you think Hull FC fans didn't give Cookie grief off the park then your deluded . I understand your related to him , maybe I'm wrong its just the feeling I get reading your posts .

His book is named Judas isn't it.? , where do you think that idea came from , FC fans were devastated when Cookie walked away from the club , then tried to make his life hell .

Like I've mentioned before , Brett Seymour , you made his life hell , he tried to drive off the Humber Bridge apparently , how you can drive off the Himber Bridgei is another question ....... in reality he was under the influence of drugs and alcohol and put his car on its roof in Hessle .

You let felt bad , so gave him a round of applause at a game , many of you befriended his wife on social media , then when the truth came out that he didn't actually try to drive off the bride , he just got high and drunk and crashed his car in Hessle , you all turned on him again .

Jacob Miller is another one you turned on . Your known as fickle fans for a reason , so don't make out Hull FC fans didn't cause Cookie a lot of grief for him and his daughter .

Not FC fans in your eyes !!! who was it then wearing Black & White shirts in the South stand at Rovers wishing the bloke to Die ?
RankPostsTeam
International Star2288
JoinedServiceReputation
May 24 201113 years37th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 21:5719th Apr 24 12:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: O/T Cooke and his book : Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:47 pm  
Sam94 wrote:
Was it not the Hull FC fans that were chanting " Die Die Cookie , Cookie Die " from the south stand at Rovers a few years ago ?

If you think Hull FC fans didn't give Cookie grief off the park then your deluded . I understand your related to him , maybe I'm wrong its just the feeling I get reading your posts .

His book is named Judas isn't it.? , where do you think that idea came from , FC fans were devastated when Cookie walked away from the club , then tried to make his life hell .

Like I've mentioned before , Brett Seymour , you made his life hell , he tried to drive off the Humber Bridge apparently , how you can drive off the Himber Bridgei is another question ....... in reality he was under the influence of drugs and alcohol and put his car on its roof in Hessle .

You let felt bad , so gave him a round of applause at a game , many of you befriended his wife on social media , then when the truth came out that he didn't actually try to drive off the bride , he just got high and drunk and crashed his car in Hessle , you all turned on him again .

Jacob Miller is another one you turned on . Your known as fickle fans for a reason , so don't make out Hull FC fans didn't cause Cookie a lot of grief for him and his daughter .

Not FC fans in your eyes !!! who was it then wearing Black & White shirts in the South stand at Rovers wishing the bloke to Die ?

This has got to be one of the most deluded and misquoted rants, ever, on these forums. Didn't hear this so called chant. Never used the term "Judas" for Cooke that is reserved for Schofield, and deservedly so but probably before your time. Never turned on Seymour and certainly not Miller. Seymour suffered from mental health issues and most fans were sympathetic. Miller needed more time at the club but his wage was to high, legacy of McRae. As I've stated elsewhere, if you are a fan of any particular club, jog off back to thier forum. Life would be a lot less tedious for us, or are you trying to be banned, change your moniker etc.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 03 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Dec 20 08:087th Nov 20 13:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: O/T Cooke and his book : Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:55 pm  
Sam94 wrote:

The fact you're trying to use Brett Seymour's personal and mental health issues as a stick to bash Hull fans with shows how pathetic you really are.

I'd stop now if I were you before you further embarrass yourself.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4255No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Sep 19 18:1625th Aug 19 09:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: O/T Cooke and his book : Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:57 am  
Sam94 wrote:

I'm not related to him, just know him I don't class the fools that wished his child to die or smashed his grans house up, they are utter cunt5, Seymour had off field issues & ruined his own career, Miller was gentles godson & his inexperience was not what we needed, so our coach got rid.
Sam94 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain125No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 12 20168 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Jan 17 11:5722nd Jan 17 09:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: O/T Cooke and his book : Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:53 am  
easthull fc fan wrote:
I'm not related to him, just know him I don't class the fools that wished his child to die or smashed his grans house up, they are utter cunt5, Seymour had off field issues & ruined his own career, Miller was gentles godson & his inexperience was not what we needed, so our coach got rid.

I'm struggling to understand what you mean " I don't class the fools that wished his child to die or smashed his grans house up" ..You don't class the fools as what ? .

What about the Hull FC fans that wished him to die , chanting it during from the South Stand at Rovers , what's your feelings towards those fans ?
PreviousNext