Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:19 pm
Posted by Jake the Peg on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:19 pm
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 88
Rep Position: 34th / 77,345

Quiz Score: 416

Let's hope the players were fully behind the decision and it brings us together as a group rather than dividing us. We still have enough to make a decent fist of the season if we can get some better luck with injuries. I doubt we'll be recruiting in the short term but hopefully the club are putting feelers out
Re: Rumours - Liam Watts
Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:28 pm
Posted by Mrs Barista on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:28 pm
Mrs Barista User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 74
Rep Position: 43rd / 77,345

Quiz Score: 432

Jake the Peg wrote:
Let's hope the players were fully behind the decision and it brings us together as a group rather than dividing us. We still have enough to make a decent fist of the season if we can get some better luck with injuries. I doubt we'll be recruiting in the short term but hopefully the club are putting feelers out

It's what I'm hearing..
Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:33 pm
Posted by davey37 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:33 pm
davey37 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 108th / 77,345

Quiz Score: 0

Rather than recruitment I am more interested in hearing that certain players have extended their contracts and will be staying for a few more years.

Especially Connor, Carlos and Manu who are out of contract this year I believe.

Kelly as well of course but him staying would be a massive bonus.
Challenge Cup Winners 2016 (at Wembley) - HULL FC
Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:33 pm
Posted by Jake the Peg on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:33 pm
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 88
Rep Position: 34th / 77,345

Quiz Score: 416

davey37 wrote:
Rather than recruitment I am more interested in hearing that certain players have extended their contracts and will be staying for a few more years.

Especially Connor, Carlos and Manu who are out of contract this year I believe.

Kelly as well of course but him staying would be a massive bonus.

connor extended last year as, i think, did watts!
Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:44 pm
Posted by knockersbumpMKII on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:44 pm
knockersbumpMKII

If Watts is definitely going it'll be the difference between making top 4 and not, people stating he costs us games and that other players are angry with him etc are clearly not able to see what he brings us. Last year he was oustanding and the young forwards like Matongo are massively behind, behind even what Watts was at the same age. Bowden seems to have trailled off a bit this season so hoping it's just a temporary thing and he gets back to last years form. Paea is doing well and Taylor does what he does.
However we are going to miss Watts massively if he's to go straight away
He's had 150 appearances in 5.5 seasons, for a prop that's impressive

This stinks of live cap issues and heavily disguised as something else (same as when we sold Westerman when Pearson said we weren't selling yet knew he had to sell him for cap reasons and two weeks later he was gone!) At this juncture it's a terrible decision, we have no-one lined up and certainly won't be anywhere near close to replacing like for like.

If it's due to avoiding a SC breach then it's even more disappointing then if it were down to 'off field' issues because it would prove yet again we are having to play catch up just as we did last year due to Pritchard and others deferred payments.
Post Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:24 am
Posted by hull2524 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:24 am
hull2524 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 37
Rep Position: 74th / 77,345

or it could be that everybody at hull fc have had enough of his issues on and off the field, I cant imagine fc will have taken this decision lightly, yes hes a fantastic player and am gutted to see him go, but nobody knows the real reasons and imo I cant see it being salary cap issues, looks like what where hearing the players arnt to concerned hes going, maybe it was time for a parting of the ways for him, we have had good years out of him and he helped us win 2 cc, time to move on
once a black and white always a black and white COYH
Post Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:39 am
Posted by newgroundb4wakey on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:39 am
newgroundb4wakey Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 32
Rep Position: 79th / 77,345

At the "meet the directors evening" at Cas tonight it was said they couldn't comment officially until contracts are signed. But if contracts are to be signed I would say the deal is done. Also after what came out tonight I hope you or any one else in this country never contemplates signing Hardaker.
Post Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:19 am
Posted by Raggytash on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:19 am
Raggytash User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 105th / 77,345

knockersbumpMKII wrote:
If Watts is definitely going it'll be the difference between making top 4 and not, people stating he costs us games and that other players are angry with him etc are clearly not able to see what he brings us. Last year he was oustanding and the young forwards like Matongo are massively behind, behind even what Watts was at the same age. Bowden seems to have trailled off a bit this season so hoping it's just a temporary thing and he gets back to last years form. Paea is doing well and Taylor does what he does.
However we are going to miss Watts massively if he's to go straight away
He's had 150 appearances in 5.5 seasons, for a prop that's impressive

This stinks of live cap issues and heavily disguised as something else (same as when we sold Westerman when Pearson said we weren't selling yet knew he had to sell him for cap reasons and two weeks later he was gone!) At this juncture it's a terrible decision, we have no-one lined up and certainly won't be anywhere near close to replacing like for like.

If it's due to avoiding a SC breach then it's even more disappointing then if it were down to 'off field' issues because it would prove yet again we are having to play catch up just as we did last year due to Pritchard and others deferred payments.

Phew! I was worried we'd made a terrible decision. After reading your usual nonsense though - I know for a fact the right decision was made. So far you have a 100% record of being wrong. As long as you maintain that, we keep heading in the right direction!
The words of fools mean nothing to one who resides in the truth.
Post Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:52 am
Posted by knockersbumpMKII on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:52 am
knockersbumpMKII

Raggytash wrote:
Phew! I was worried we'd made a terrible decision. After reading your usual nonsense though - I know for a fact the right decision was made. So far you have a 100% record of being wrong. As long as you maintain that, we keep heading in the right direction!

You can read? PHEW, I was worried that you were coming on here and getting an adult to help you out so you could just have your usual grunt spouting your usual bile, oh wait, that's exactly what you've done.
Instead of adding comment and an opinion on the situation re Watts you like others show yourself up as a pathetic sad individual.
I was right about Pearson lying about selling Westerman and the reason why we had to get rid, I was right about Motu Tony telling porkies to the fans in his statement in the HDM about us having cap space to sign Lee Smith, yet couldn't even though Smith was desperate for any contract, Radford even stated that we did not have the cap space after the trial.
So far from being 100% wrong it's you that are wrong.
Go jump on something else saddo.
Post Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:24 am
Posted by Dave K. on Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:24 am
Dave K. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 57
Rep Position: 54th / 77,345

This will be nothing to do with the cap, think they are fed up with Watts on and off the field and saw an opportunity to make some money off moneybags Toronto, the fact Cas came in with a better or similar offer is a bonus for Watts.

There is no doubt it makes us weaker, but to suggest on the back of him going we won't make the top 4 is way over the top, we have 4 good props and two good back ups.

I'm hoping this will turn into a positive and give Abdul more starting time, if this happens I reckon we have a better chance of finishing in the top 4.
PreviousNext