WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Next up - Saints

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Next up - Saints

Re: Next up - Saints
Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:44 am
Posted by TrinTrin on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:44 am
TrinTrin Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 31
Rep Position: 86th / 77,433

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 pm
Posts: 164
Hi guys, there are quite rightly a lot of emotions running after that performance, whats concerning is Chesters post match interview quote "two days of not taking it seriously". We then have to face it, the players are not up for it this season, you cannot turn on form like a tap, all other teams have tried and failed. Once your in a hole it takes a massive change to get out of it, you cannot be casual about performing. Other teams watch videos and do their homework, we now look like the easy beats. Chester has been in this position @ HKR when they would not perform & ultimately it cost him his job. The board & coaching staff should call a full meeting with the players & seriously ask them where & what they intend to do, training fitness & application,- honesty.
Re: Next up - Saints
Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:37 am
Posted by Kettykat on Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:37 am
Kettykat Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 20
Rep Position: 97th / 77,433

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 am
Posts: 173
TrinTrin wrote:
Hi guys, there are quite rightly a lot of emotions running after that performance, whats concerning is Chesters post match interview quote "two days of not taking it seriously". We then have to face it, the players are not up for it this season, you cannot turn on form like a tap, all other teams have tried and failed. Once your in a hole it takes a massive change to get out of it, you cannot be casual about performing. Other teams watch videos and do their homework, we now look like the easy beats. Chester has been in this position @ HKR when they would not perform & ultimately it cost him his job. The board & coaching staff should call a full meeting with the players & seriously ask them where & what they intend to do, training fitness & application,- honesty.

I agree it’s very worrying that we could get up for the first game with virtually a full strength team to pick from .You have to ask yourself what the hell does CC says to the guys in pre match to get a performance out of them like that , not even a half time blast from him changed the day . I’m hanging on the theory that we are still one of the few teams that will lose to a supposed lesser team then play like a house on fire against a top side, I’ve got to believe this to
get me through the week
Re: Next up - Saints
Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:15 pm
Posted by Prince Buster on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:15 pm
Prince Buster User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 59
Rep Position: 59th / 77,433

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 3771
Location: Orange street
Kettykat wrote:
. I’m hanging on the theory that we are still one of the few teams that will lose to a supposed lesser team then play like a house on fire against a top side, I’ve got to believe this to
get me through the week



Yes I totally understand that, its the old Wakey way. We would get mullered by lesser teams, then come up against the big boys and sometimes sneak a win or put up a fight and get a gallant defeat. Unfortunately it never got us far and more often than not we were hanging on for survival at the season end. I thought those days had gone, but clearly not.


In fact there were many features about that game that were reminiscent of the time we nearly reached the GF after narrowly loosing the semi at Wigan. We thought we were so good after that and the next season was a disaster.

I hope we are not following that same pattern.
Re: Next up - Saints
Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:42 pm
Posted by Sacred Cow on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:42 pm
Sacred Cow Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 98th / 77,433

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:07 pm
Posts: 1735
Prince Buster wrote:
In fact there were many features about that game that were reminiscent of the time we nearly reached the GF after narrowly loosing the semi at Wigan. We thought we were so good after that and the next season was a disaster.

I hope we are not following that same pattern.

What in that we brought in a known desruptive halfback that liked a drink and a gamble, went down to London and got a battering?

In all seriousness yesterday was shocking but it could have been a one off. I don’t expect to beat Saints next week but i do expect a damn sight more effort. I then expect a win at home to Catalans on a cold February evening. Anything less than that, well the knives are allowed to be at least got out of the drawer ready to be sharpened. Not before then though.
Re: Next up - Saints
Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:56 pm
Posted by Fordy on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:56 pm
Fordy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 46
Rep Position: 71st / 77,433

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 8:15 am
Posts: 4738
Have to say I was gutted that I wasn't able to make it to London for the opener but quite please now that I couldn't.

Have watched the tries on Sky Sports and find myself a bit worried about how we will handle a much better side in Saints, but as has been said above we do have a habit of doing just that. Here's hoping!!!
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - The PRIDE of Sporting Wakefield

Motivation will almost always beat mere talent.

Learn from the past, but don't live in it!
Re: Next up - Saints
Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:27 pm
Posted by wrencat1873 on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:27 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 250
Rep Position: 9th / 77,433

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 10691
Fordy wrote:
Have to say I was gutted that I wasn't able to make it to London for the opener but quite please now that I couldn't.

Have watched the tries on Sky Sports and find myself a bit worried about how we will handle a much better side in Saints, but as has been said above we do have a habit of doing just that. Here's hoping!!!


Any SL side would have put plenty past us yesterday. Our defence was bloody awful.
The one small glimmer of hope is that Trinity are famous (infamous) for following good with bad and visa versa.
However, IF we are serious about challenging for a play off spot (and the last couple of seasons suggest that we should be), yesterdays debacle shouldn't even be possible.
We made this seasons relegation "certainties" look like world beaters and I'm sorry but, their pack are a long, long way short of that.
The best that we can hope for is that Saints take us just as lightly as we did London.
If they "come to play" we could get an absolute mullering.

I cant believe that all the positive pre season stuff, with increased season ticket and merchandise sales, has just been chucked away because the team couldn't be ar5ed.
Re: Next up - Saints
Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:45 pm
Posted by Shifty Cat on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:45 pm
Shifty Cat User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 117
Rep Position: 28th / 77,433

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 5085
wrencat1873 wrote:
Any SL side would have put plenty past us yesterday. Our defence was bloody awful.
The one small glimmer of hope is that Trinity are famous (infamous) for following good with bad and visa versa.
However, IF we are serious about challenging for a play off spot (and the last couple of seasons suggest that we should be), yesterdays debacle shouldn't even be possible.
We made this seasons relegation "certainties" look like world beaters and I'm sorry but, their pack are a long, long way short of that.
The best that we can hope for is that Saints take us just as lightly as we did London.
If they "come to play" we could get an absolute mullering.

I cant believe that all the positive pre season stuff, with increased season ticket and merchandise sales, has just been chucked away because the team couldn't be ar5ed.

Agree with all that.

I was at a wedding at the weekend but just before I set off a mate said how do you think we'd go, I said we'll either, in a traditional Trinity way play decent and win, or turn up like a pub team and get into an arm wrestle with London, sounds like we couldn't even hardly manage the latter. Tbh even though I didn't think we'd go down and smash them I thought it'd be a decent 18 point win or so but props to London, they played the 80 and wanted it far more, while we thought we'd won after 10 minutes or so.

I suppose you just have to put it down to one of those things as a supporter, obviously, as Pro sportsmen, it shouldn't happen especially looking at the two sides on paper and the experience of playing SL one has over the other. But we've done similar before and moved on from them successfully, although I thought these kind of losses were over tbh. ATEOTD we know how Trinity can play, we know we've got quality players and I just hope that the loss has brought them down to earth and makes them work twice as hard as they were.

One thing for certain we won't take saints likely, they should be all fired up trying to undo the London debacle. Last season we played saints after a few losses and poor performances that got us back into the season so here's hoping for a similar performance.
Last edited by Shifty Cat on Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Next up - Saints
Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:58 pm
Posted by Shifty Cat on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:58 pm
Shifty Cat User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 117
Rep Position: 28th / 77,433

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 5085
Prince Buster wrote:


In fact there were many features about that game that were reminiscent of the time we nearly reached the GF after narrowly loosing the semi at Wigan. We thought we were so good after that and the next season was a disaster.

I hope we are not following that same pattern.

I get what you're saying but we should have made the Semi's in 2017 and we managed to follow that season up in 2018 with another decent effort, so you'd think we'd be past that with this group - but we'll have to wait and see the response. I just find it hard to believe a good solid team can turn crap with all the same player over the course of an offseason - plus in pre-season, we looked in good shape.
Re: Next up - Saints
Post Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:31 pm
Posted by Slugger McBatt on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:31 pm
Slugger McBatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 49
Rep Position: 68th / 77,433

Quiz Score: 36

Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:09 pm
Posts: 5580
Location: Over there
If Wigan beat Leeds on Friday and we lose to Saints, we'll be level on points with Wigan and Leeds after two rounds. Most years, we'd take that.


Every cloud and all that ….
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - MORE ANCIENT. MORE LOYAL.
Re: Next up - Saints
Post Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:26 am
Posted by BOJ042 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:26 am
BOJ042 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 88th / 77,433

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 am
Posts: 559
we are going to be on 0 points after 2 rounds with the worst FOR AND AGAINST.

I STILL CANT NOT BELIEVE WE WERE NOT FIT FOR THE FIRST GAME
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 60sCat, coco the fullback, dboy, Joe Banjo, nanker, phe13, PopTart, The Avenger, thebeagle, Tricky2309, Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo and 144 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,846,7521,18577,4334,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
COVENTRY BEARS
v
WEST WALES
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
OLDHAM
v
WORKINGTON TOWN
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
WHITEHAVEN
v
KEIGHLEY
TODAY 15:00
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
SWINTON LIONS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
BATLEY BULLDOGS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
YORK
v
BARROW RAIDERS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
FEATHERSTONE
TODAY 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
LONDON BRONCOS
TODAY 15:00
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
TODAY 19:00
WCC2019
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Thu 21st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Fri 1st Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 10th Mar 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL KR
Fri 15th Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
Thu 21st Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
WARRINGTON
Sun 31st Mar 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
SALFORD
Fri 5th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 12th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 18th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Mon 22nd Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






33