WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Squad v Catalan

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Squad v Catalan

Re: Squad v Catalan
Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:18 pm
Posted by BarnsleyGull on Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:18 pm
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 108th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 114
Location: Behind the Sticks
metallicat wrote:
Bill played wing at Wigan last season. What happened next?


er, as you correctly pointed out, that was last season...... :WHISTLE:
Re: Squad v Catalan
Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 pm
Posted by homme vaste on Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 pm
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 160
Rep Position: 14th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 184

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm
Posts: 1008
Location: Tomorrowland
BT said himself upon his arrival at Wakefield that he had played as a winger his whole career, right from coming through the junior grade up until his season at Canberra and that centre was a relatively new position for him. His centre play has improved a hell of a lot since he has been here at Wakefield, as Vastman alluded to a lot of people kept banging on that he would never make a centre... How he has proved them people wrong.
Re: Squad v Catalan
Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:30 pm
Posted by metallicat on Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:30 pm
metallicat User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 111th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:29 pm
Posts: 497
BarnsleyGull wrote:
er, as you correctly pointed out, that was last season...... :WHISTLE:

Yes last season. My point being, he had rather a good game that day :D :D
Current Yorkshire Cup holders - Trinity
Re: Squad v Catalan
Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:04 pm
Posted by Shifty Cat on Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:04 pm
Shifty Cat User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 117
Rep Position: 27th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 5085
homme vaste wrote:
BT said himself upon his arrival at Wakefield that he had played as a winger his whole career, right from coming through the junior grade up until his season at Canberra and that centre was a relatively new position for him. His centre play has improved a hell of a lot since he has been here at Wakefield, as Vastman alluded to a lot of people kept banging on that he would never make a centre... How he has proved them people wrong.

True even had the nickname while starting at the Warriors in the NRL as the 'mini beast' after Manu Vatuvei who also played on the wing for them.
Re: Squad v Catalan
Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:33 pm
Posted by PopTart on Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:33 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 263
Rep Position: 7th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 10972
Location: wakefield
There is no doubt Tupou is good for us in the centre
But I'd still move him to the wing as he can still make a lot of ground for us and knows the position.
Lyne has played there but I never felt comfortable when he did.
And Arundel can set TJ away to get him the tries he needs.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Squad v Catalan
Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:42 pm
Posted by Shifty Cat on Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:42 pm
Shifty Cat User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 117
Rep Position: 27th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 5085
Tbh I can see both sides of the argument and it'll be interesting which way he goes. I wouldn't be surprised if he does put Bill on the wing because he has more gone that way when he's needed to than Lyne of recent times. it probably makes more sense when you think that Arundel plays centre on the same side as Bill as well, so almost like for like swap around.
Re: Squad v Catalan
Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:08 pm
Posted by wrencat1873 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:08 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 254
Rep Position: 8th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 10722
Shifty Cat wrote:
Tbh I can see both sides of the argument and it'll be interesting which way he goes. I wouldn't be surprised if he does put Bill on the wing because he has more gone that way when he's needed to than Lyne of recent times. it probably makes more sense when you think that Arundel plays centre on the same side as Bill as well, so almost like for like swap around.


And move Johnstone onto the other wing ?
Re: Squad v Catalan
Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:44 pm
Posted by PopTart on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:44 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 263
Rep Position: 7th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 10972
Location: wakefield
wrencat1873 wrote:
And move Johnstone onto the other wing ?


Nope. He stays where he is. Tupou has to adapt.

Arundel can play either centre position so it doesn't matter who moves.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Squad v Catalan
Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:53 pm
Posted by Shifty Cat on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:53 pm
Shifty Cat User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 117
Rep Position: 27th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 5085
PopTart wrote:
Nope. He stays where he is. Tupou has to adapt.

Arundel can play either centre position so it doesn't matter who moves.

Yep, this. Obviously, if he does move Tupou to cover BJB, Arundel slots into his position as he seems adept at playing at either left or right centre and Bill will do his job no matter what side of the park he's on.

Tbh even with MCB gone, it's not a real headache is it when you can move either centre to cover BJB and you've got someone with Arundel's qualities waiting to slot in.
Re: Squad v Catalan
Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:33 pm
Posted by BarnsleyGull on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:33 pm
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 108th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 114
Location: Behind the Sticks
metallicat wrote:
Yes last season. My point being, he had rather a good game that day :D :D


I understand your point, but Bill has been outstanding for all this season at centre.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1873, Emley Cat, gastric band, got there, JINJER, Joe Banjo, Khlav Kalash, LG83, Manuel, Prince Buster, REDWHITEANDBLUE, ricardo07, steadygetyerboots-on, Strong Belwas, Trinity 61, Wakefield City, wakefieldwall, wakeytrin, Yosemite Sam and 141 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,848,6621,16677,4464,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Fri 1st Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 10th Mar 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL KR
Fri 15th Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
Thu 21st Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
WARRINGTON
Sun 31st Mar 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
SALFORD
Fri 5th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 12th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 18th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Mon 22nd Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sun 28th Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 5th May 15:00
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 18th May 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 9th Jun 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sun 16th Jun 15:00
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 21st Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
WAKEFIELD
Thu 27th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 6th Jul 17:00
SLXXIV
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 12th Jul 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
CASTLEFORD
Thu 18th Jul 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WAKEFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






33