WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Leeds
Re: Leeds
Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:28 pm
Posted by chissitt on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:28 pm
chissitt Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 54
Rep Position: 53rd / 77,341

Quiz Score: 404

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 7428
snowie wrote:
why is it, best side in years and we whipper out of the cup,
its our only way of enticing the crowd back being noticed as sad as it is, so while we keep the same mentality we will never improve, them words didn't come out of my mouth after that game that showed we was more bothered with a top 8 finish

look at the semi final v hull how it got the crowd back in

I take it losing battle you mean the council

That's the second time you've referred to the cup, Chester put 17 first team players out that night against an under rated shudds side, I would imagine that most fans on here you included thought that because we beat them previously in the league it would be a stroll in the park, as for enticing fans of any club back to watch cup matches, well good luck with that, just a thought about our mentality at the club it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the matter.
The club aren't just hampered by the council and all those concerned with the issue, we lose some of our share of Sky money because of the ground, amongst other things mainly ground related, if it was that easy everybody would be queuing up to do it.
Re: Leeds
Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:47 pm
Posted by snowie on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:47 pm
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 108
Rep Position: 23rd / 77,341

Quiz Score: 232

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
Posts: 18455
chissitt wrote:
That's the second time you've referred to the cup, Chester put 17 first team players out that night against an under rated shudds side, I would imagine that most fans on here you included thought that because we beat them previously in the league it would be a stroll in the park, as for enticing fans of any club back to watch cup matches, well good luck with that, just a thought about our mentality at the club it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the matter.
The club aren't just hampered by the council and all those concerned with the issue, we lose some of our share of Sky money because of the ground, amongst other things mainly ground related, if it was that easy everybody would be queuing up to do it.
its not only about enticing supporters back just for cup games ever thought they may come back to watch league games, you'll find fans want silverware not just to finish in the top 8,
I've supporting the club long enough not to be called a glory hunter but its getting like groundhog day every season
Re: Leeds
Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:13 pm
Posted by chissitt on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:13 pm
chissitt Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 54
Rep Position: 53rd / 77,341

Quiz Score: 404

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 7428
snowie wrote:
its not only about enticing supporters back just for cup games ever thought they may come back to watch league games, you'll find fans want silverware not just to finish in the top 8,
I've supporting the club long enough not to be called a glory hunter but its getting like groundhog day every season

Tell me one SL club whose attendances are noticeably on the up season on season including those who can't use the excuse of having a poor ground, as for the challenge cup the interest there has dropped alarmingly and is frankly embarrassing.
As for being a glory hunter at Wakey I think you'd be in a minority of one there if you were, maybe that's why although our support is minimal in comparison to some, it's not diminishing like some others and at least stays consistent.
Re: Leeds
Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:51 pm
Posted by Wakefield City on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:51 pm
Wakefield City Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 22
Rep Position: 85th / 77,341

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:01 pm
Posts: 131
chissitt wrote:
Tell me one SL club whose attendances are noticeably on the up season on season including those who can't use the excuse of having a poor ground, as for the challenge cup the interest there has dropped alarmingly and is frankly embarrassing.
As for being a glory hunter at Wakey I think you'd be in a minority of one there if you were, maybe that's why although our support is minimal in comparison to some, it's not diminishing like some others and at least stays consistent.


Since we've won nothing in 60 years and have a dump of a ground that holds the club back I don't think we do bad for crowds, a lot of SL clubs in that situation would do worse. Get ground sorted and a team competing on the pitch and we'll do alright crowd wise.

Up the Trin
Re: Leeds
Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:31 pm
Posted by PopTart on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:31 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 237
Rep Position: 5th / 77,341

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 10800
Location: wakefield
Wakefield City wrote:
Since we've won nothing in 60 years and have a dump of a ground that holds the club back I don't think we do bad for crowds, a lot of SL clubs in that situation would do worse. Get ground sorted and a team competing on the pitch and we'll do alright crowd wise.

Up the Trin


I agree with your point, but 60 years isn't correct.
We've won the 1st division championship twice, won the Yorkshire Cup and Second Division Grand Final in that time. Admittedly not for a while but it isn't 60 years
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BarnsleyGull, Bluedog Reborn, djcool, eric35, FSW, Google [Bot], Willzay and 108 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,827,7521,25777,3414,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 10th Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
ST. HELENS
Thu 21st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Fri 1st Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 10th Mar 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL KR
Fri 15th Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
Thu 21st Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
WARRINGTON
Sun 31st Mar 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
SALFORD
Fri 5th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 12th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 18th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Mon 22nd Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sun 28th Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 5th May 15:00
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 18th May 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 9th Jun 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sun 16th Jun 15:00
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 21st Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
WAKEFIELD
Thu 27th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






33