WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Some positives and some very obvious thoughts

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Some positives and some very obvious thoughts

Posted by bellycouldtackle on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:25 am
bellycouldtackle Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 76,959

Quiz Score: 0

Rocky looked the part, Horo had his best game and looks like he could be a leader, when Singleton scored it was Horo who was rallying the troops behind the posts and bollocking the offenders : quote `just do your xxxxxxx jobs `.

Conversely PP was very poor again, handling errors and penalties every week and zero improvement in his defense, time for him to go on loan, Anakin gives us much more, or Baldwinson as next best option.

Arona and Toupu have been run into the ground and look knackered, they need a rest.

Game plan was poor, coaching staff need to have a look at themselves, expansive football against that Leeds pack was criminal. We need to go back to basics. Thought Kirmond and Ashurst ran good lines.

Wood and Randell complement each other well, would like to see Randell attacking around the ruck more. Batch and Jowitt went well, think Batch took a knock to his leg early on.

So next week I would rest Arona and Toupu, I would drop PP and instruct the team to play, no risk basic rugby with the emphasis on getting to last play and giving Saints ball on their try line. If the coaching staff don`t understand this then they should watch the tape of second half yesterday when Leeds went in front and watch Myler control the game he was brilliant.
Posted by Trinity 61 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:25 pm
Trinity 61 User avatar
Strong-running second rower

Anakin :lol:
Posted by homme vaste on Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:41 pm
homme vaste User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 14
Rep Position: 21st / 76,959

Quiz Score: 184

Trinity 61 wrote:

Not too sure why you would laugh at the suggestion of putting Annakinin the team, he`s never let us down.

His running style is more direct and aggressive than any other player in our squad, might not be the biggest but is rarely dominated in collision. Offers us something different in my eyes.. Yet you laugh at a player that gives 100% every time he pulls the shirt on.
Posted by Willzay on Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:42 pm
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 76,959

Trinity 61 wrote:

Compared to Pauli Pauli, he's a god.
Posted by Adam_Harrison9 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:50 pm
Adam_Harrison9 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 76,959

I agree about Annakin. I like him as a player. Because he is direct he usually ends up getting us on the front foot because he finds his front a lot.
Dear Ron MacLean. Dear Coach's Corner. I'm writing in order for someone to explain to my niece the distinction between these mandatory pre-game group rites of submission and the rallies at Nuremberg. Specifically the function the ritual serves in conjunction with what everybody knows is in the end a kid's game. I'm just appealing to your sense of fair play when I say she's puzzled by this incessant pressure for her to not defy
collective will and yellow-ribboned lapels, as the soldiers inexplicably rappel down from the arena rafters. If it not so insane, they'd be grounds for screaming laughter.
Posted by wakefield1990 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:16 pm
wakefield1990 Stevo's Armpit

I really don't get the expansive rugby comment, we looked more dangerous when doing so? We didn't win the forward battle yesterday in my eyes and have possibly the fastest wingers in the comp. Ashurst & Tupou often win their 50/50s, break the tackle, get a quick play the ball and that's when the opportunities arise.
Posted by Khlav Kalash on Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:03 pm
Khlav Kalash User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 76,959

Game plan was good for me. Individual missed tackles and weak edge defence cost us.
1/10
Posted by PopTart on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:05 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 33
Rep Position: 6th / 76,959

I agree. Game plan didn't have any dropped ball or missed tackles.
Chester says in his post match that we didn't cover the key player he's discussed in training.

One surprise for me was Handley at centre. I know people are calling our defence but I thought he was a key attacker for them. He'll keep his place there imho.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Posted by BOJ042 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:17 pm
BOJ042 Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 76,959

I agree with leaving Hampshire at half back.

maybe Finn as the reserve hooker/back up back on the bench.?

Pauli was always going to be a terrible signing if he didn't get himself fit and it looks like it is heading that way - simple tell him he wont play until he gets himself fit.....
Posted by Shifty Cat on Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:11 am
Shifty Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 39
Rep Position: 4th / 76,959

Adam_Harrison9 wrote:
I agree about Annakin. I like him as a player. Because he is direct he usually ends up getting us on the front foot because he finds his front a lot.

I don't mind Annakin in the back row, he offers us something a bit different but at Prop, it's a no from me. He's just too small, he's dwarfed by modern day Props. If Pauli is to be dropped I'd pick Baldwinson, who when I watched the reserves a couple of weeks ago or so, I thought he was far better than Hirst in that game an with game time could bring what England does.

As for Belly having a go at the game plan, I don't agree at all, it was spot on. Just individual errors and penalties cost us, in the end, and that's nothing to do with the game plan imo.
Next