WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Thats what Wakey do best

Board index Super League - Super 8s Wakefield Trinity Thats what Wakey do best

Re: Thats what Wakey do best
Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:57 pm
Slugger McBatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

westgaterunner wrote:
if not for the goal posts we would be seeing all the expert pundits saying how brilliant we were tonight.

I doubt it. From Eddie, it was all about Saints. When people like Roby or Matty Smith hoof it into touch, its called intelligent. When Miller does it, it's boring.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - MORE ANCIENT. MORE LOYAL.
Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:58 pm
Tricky2309 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

We are still in it but tonight at ht we had put ourselves in a good position to put one foot in the semi finals but we're too negative in the 2nd half. Playing the percentages was the right thing to do whilst Hadley was in the bin, but when we were back to 13 we needed to try and kill them off.

Even then two incidents involving senior players cost us dearly.

It has still been a great season but tonight could have made it a sensational one.

Unfortunately it is hard to argue that we are Architects of our own downfall when the pressure is on, but hopefully the more games at this level we are involved in the better the team will be for it

Ultimately Grix was at fault because whatever happened previously in the lead up to the Percival kick he should have adopted a safety first approach and dropped on the ball or kicked it dead but ended up trying to be clever and did neither. That said I thought he had a good game other wise and certainly calls he should never play for us again are way OTT imo
Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:01 pm
DAVE@CAS1990 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

As a neutral for this game I thought Wakefield managed the game all wrong.

I don't think you can sit on 2 tries and Wakefield tried to do that for 50 minutes of tonight's game.

When they were in the ascendency they had chances to put the game to bed and blow saints away. But by playing low risk plays at the end of their sets, for me it kept saints in the game (at least on the scoreboard)

To blame grix for losing the game, on a split second piece of indecision, is incredibly short sighted.

What happened at the end of the game, on sky, you could see coming a mile off.

The best teams seem to stamp on the throat when they're in front and blow the opposition away. Wakefield had the chance but chose not to go for it tonight. They never really hit top gear and saints as such always had a chance of nicking it.
Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:01 pm
Egg Banjo User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Aaaaand that's probably the season over

Our next two games are against the two teams who were in the Cup Final and we need to beat both of them to guarantee the top 4.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:13 pm
Eastern Wildcat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Fully agree there Dave.

To try and play out an 8 point lead against a side like Saints is sheer suicidal.

I also cant understand why just before half time, we didnt go for the 2, when given a penalty in a very kickable position.

I may be olf fashioned but I was brought up on the adage, if your in a tight game, take the points on offer
Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:19 pm
BOJ042 Stevo's Armpit

it is season over - someone tell me why we did not take the 2 just before half time when every single week we always kick goals sometimes when we are up by 20!

st helens have 2 easy games so we have to win both BEAT HULL AWAY YOU GUYS ARE KIDDING!!!- we are going to come 6th
Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:29 pm
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Correct that is what wakey do best, chance to support the club at probably its best ever chance to get to old trafford and the stadium is frigging empty disgrace

as for grix and his cock up, well we've been on the flip of the other side of that coin a few times and had last minute wins lets take this on the chin and get on with winning the next two games

the dummy's will be swept up tomorrow
Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:35 pm
westgaterunner Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Well Bojo we might end up finishing 6th what a bummer. When was the last time you saw a Wakey team as successful on the pitch ?
Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:40 pm
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

snowie wrote:
Correct that is what wakey do best, chance to support the club at probably its best ever chance to get to old trafford and the stadium is frigging empty disgrace

Very poor turn out from Saints though. Apart from Catalans, probably the lowest away following of the season.
Was my wedding anniversary today and I was there instead of out celebrating. Nice of the club to provide a clown act for me though.
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.
Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:41 pm
chissitt Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

DAVE@CAS1990 wrote:
As a neutral for this game I thought Wakefield managed the game all wrong.
I don't think you can sit on 2 tries and Wakefield tried to do that for 50 minutes of tonight's game.

To blame grix for losing the game, on a split second piece of indecision, is incredibly short sighted.
What happened at the end of the game, on sky, you could see coming a mile off.

Well it's funny that because we defended really well for 49 of the 50 minutes you mention, and only let them in from a mistake by a player who you are defending's split piece of indecision, as for your last part, you must be a very clever person if you knew that Grix would make that error because up until then he had played well and never looked like putting a foot wrong so fair play to you for spotting it.
PreviousNext