LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS AND MORE FEATURES
Currently There are 1656 Rugby League fans online
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Andy Ellis

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:52 pm
newmarket cat Stevo's Armpit

Just heard today that he's signed for Fev for next season. Think he'll be a big loss
Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:55 pm
TrinityIHC User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

newmarket cat wrote:
Just heard today that he's signed for Fev for next season. Think he'll be a big loss

Surely not, he's been immense when he's played! Still if he's after first team RL, then with Aiton coming back and Agar favouring Wood as an impact player then maybe he will have to go to pastures new to get it.

I'd have thought a couple of SL teams might have gone in for him though tbh.
Ole Ole! Ole Ole! We're all Wakey aren't we? We're all Wakey aren't we? Ole Ole!
Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:00 pm
kinleycat User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

This would be lunacy IMO.
READ THE AUP:
http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=438945&tsmp=1381997916
Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:06 pm
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Ellis and Aiton next year would be a very good and varying partnership indeed.

This is no reflection on wood who I think has gone well this year but his defence has been costly resulting in opposition yard gains.

Would be a shame if he were to leave.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:09 pm
Uptoncat Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I prefer Ellis to wood but if the coach has it the other way round then I'm prepared to back him. Not got much wrong this seasoning my eyes even when the hypocrites were calling for his head afte half a dozen games
[b]Normy Knights for life![/b]

http://twitter.com/top8trin

Mr Kevin Bateman
Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:10 pm
griswold63 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

i heard this last night from a fev fan along with foxy, i know there only rumours at this stage but ellis in paticular to me would be a big loss, but not sure he in agars plans doesnt seem to get much game time inmho, but what do i know i hope the rumours are wrong tho
[Image
Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:16 pm
Atilla Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Really like Ellis, but 3 into 2 don't go, my choice would be Aiton and wood, there is legs in the fox rumour but lets wait and see who's coming and going before making judgements :CURTAIN:
Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:26 pm
JINJER User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Atilla wrote:
Really like Ellis, but 3 into 2 don't go, my choice would be Aiton and wood, there is legs in the fox rumour but lets wait and see who's coming and going before making judgements :CURTAIN:

And what Fox rumour is that?
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT
Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:37 pm
Wakefield No 1 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Andy Ellis pass accuracy and speed from the play the ball is second to none and has been very instrumental in our 7 from 7 wins. He does lack a bit of pace though, it would be a shame if we couldnt hold on to him but balancing the books and squad members is a very tricky job to do..
I hope Danny Kirmond stays for 2014 and beyond! :)
Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:12 pm
upthecats User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Would be crazy to let go IMO......

His distribution is first class....gives Tim Smith the extra few seconds to show his class....I think he'd be better utilised coming off the bench to speed that play the ball area up when there's a few more tiring bodies on for Smith to exploit more...... and after Aiton has done his stuff.....

Kyle Wood has also done excellent this back end.....i'd keep Wood to work closely alongside Tim Smith and get him back playing 7 like he did when in the academy with us.....he couldn't have a better mentor anywhere to learn the game from.....when we inevitably lose Smith further down the line then hopefully he will have brought Kyle along nicely......it would also give the option of covering for possible injury to either Aiton or Ellis.....especially with the loss of bright prospect Ryan Wright....

Suppose a lot depends on the future at the club for the likes of Sykes, Wildie & John aswell.....
Next