JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 07 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Apr 14 09:305th Apr 14 10:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tick Tock : Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:47 pm  
So we were all assuming after all this time the decision had surely been made.
Now it seems that it perhaps has not yet been made.
Hmmmm.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13498
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 200617 years62nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 18:1525th Apr 24 12:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tick Tock : Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:50 pm  
jacques wrote:
So we were all assuming after all this time the decision had surely been made.
Now it seems that it perhaps has not yet been made.
Hmmmm.

I'm pretty certain it has been made.
Fully 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8487No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Feb 20 00:294th Oct 19 18:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Tick Tock : Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:52 pm  
Khlav Kalash wrote:
Put those straws down fully ;-)

As far as i know the SOS's decision is final.

Not according to the article I_A just quoted. Secretary of State dismissed the developer's appeal and went to High Court, where Pickles was asked to redetermine.

Similarly, Secretary of State could agree with developer but people opposing it take it to High Court where they can ask for it to be redetermined.

Like I said, it would probably be futile but it does make me think that if these people in Methley are so opposed to it and have money behind them to burn they'll try and stop it any way they can.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8962
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 27 200419 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th May 22 20:0829th Jun 21 15:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Fed up of these rollercoaster rides!!

Re: Tick Tock : Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:00 pm  
Inflatable_Armadillo wrote:
http://www.planningresource.co.uk/news/1136342/pickles-delays-post-nppf-decision-interchange/

Seems like Eric Pickles office is making a habit of this at the moment!

Pickles delays post-NPPF decision on interchange

By Jamie Carpenter Wednesday, 13 June 2012
Communities secretary Eric Pickles has delayed his decision on a controversial rail freight interchange near St Albans in Hertfordshire.

Pickles had been due to issue his decision on developer Helioslough’s planning appeal for a rail freight interchange at Park Street on or before 13 June.

But St Albans City and District Council said in a statement that it had been told that "this is no longer to be the case" and that no new decision date has been set.

Pickles’ decision on the interchange had been due by 5 April 2012, but following the publication of the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) in March he informed all parties that he had postponed his decision to allow the parties time to deal with the implications of the framework.

The NPPF introduced a presumption in favour of sustainable development and became a material consideration in planning decisions with immediate effect.

St Albans City and District Council said that it had provided its representations to the Department for Communities and Local Government on 16 April.

A DCLG spokesman said: "We hope to issue the decision as soon as we can."

In September 2010 the secretary of state dismissed Helioslough’s appeal against St Albans City and District Council’s decision to refuse planning permission for the interchange.

But Helioslough challenged the secretary of state’s decision in the High Court and on 1 July 2011 a judge quashed the decision and referred the matter back to Pickles to redetermine.

St Albans City and District Council had previously rejected two separate applications for the scheme, one in 2009 and one in 2007.

So that was 6 days ago, have they had a decision yet?
Inflatable_Armadillo wrote:
http://www.planningresource.co.uk/news/1136342/pickles-delays-post-nppf-decision-interchange/

Seems like Eric Pickles office is making a habit of this at the moment!

Pickles delays post-NPPF decision on interchange

By Jamie Carpenter Wednesday, 13 June 2012
Communities secretary Eric Pickles has delayed his decision on a controversial rail freight interchange near St Albans in Hertfordshire.

Pickles had been due to issue his decision on developer Helioslough’s planning appeal for a rail freight interchange at Park Street on or before 13 June.

But St Albans City and District Council said in a statement that it had been told that "this is no longer to be the case" and that no new decision date has been set.

Pickles’ decision on the interchange had been due by 5 April 2012, but following the publication of the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) in March he informed all parties that he had postponed his decision to allow the parties time to deal with the implications of the framework.

The NPPF introduced a presumption in favour of sustainable development and became a material consideration in planning decisions with immediate effect.

St Albans City and District Council said that it had provided its representations to the Department for Communities and Local Government on 16 April.

A DCLG spokesman said: "We hope to issue the decision as soon as we can."

In September 2010 the secretary of state dismissed Helioslough’s appeal against St Albans City and District Council’s decision to refuse planning permission for the interchange.

But Helioslough challenged the secretary of state’s decision in the High Court and on 1 July 2011 a judge quashed the decision and referred the matter back to Pickles to redetermine.

St Albans City and District Council had previously rejected two separate applications for the scheme, one in 2009 and one in 2007.

So that was 6 days ago, have they had a decision yet?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13498
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 200617 years62nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 18:1525th Apr 24 12:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tick Tock : Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:02 pm  
Fully wrote:
Khlav Kalash wrote:
Put those straws down fully ;-)

As far as i know the SOS's decision is final.

Not according to the article I_A just quoted. Secretary of State dismissed the developer's appeal and went to High Court, where Pickles was asked to redetermine.

Similarly, Secretary of State could agree with developer but people opposing it take it to High Court where they can ask for it to be redetermined.

Like I said, it would probably be futile but it does make me think that if these people in Methley are so opposed to it and have money behind them to burn they'll try and stop it any way they can.

I read it as the High Court ruled on the decision not to take it to a public inquiry, not on the outcome of said PI itself as that is still to be decided.
Fully 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8487No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Tick Tock : Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:06 pm  
Khlav Kalash wrote:
I read it as the High Court ruled on the decision not to take it to a public inquiry, not on the outcome of said PI itself as that is still to be decided.

Not sure on the process but I read it as the developer submitted application, which was refused locally but this was appealed and so taken to the SoS. SoS looked at the plans etc and made a decision that it had been correct decision and so backed the refusal. I believe the SoS looks at appeals too as well as called-in passed applications. Developer wasn't happy with this so took it to High Court who has asked the SoS to go over it again (hence why SoS is making another decision on it).
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3011
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 22 200519 years246th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Nov 22 07:2417th Sep 22 17:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Hiding behind a palm tree in the mountains
Signature

Re: Tick Tock : Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:20 pm  
Fully wrote:
Not sure on the process but I read it as the developer submitted application, which was refused locally but this was appealed and so taken to the SoS. SoS looked at the plans etc and made a decision that it had been correct decision and so backed the refusal. I believe the SoS looks at appeals too as well as called-in passed applications. Developer wasn't happy with this so took it to High Court who has asked the SoS to go over it again (hence why SoS is making another decision on it).

some info here:

http://www.stalbans.gov.uk/environment-and-planning/planning/railfreight/

but I'm out of my depth now. I don't know if there is a difference between a PI from a planning that has been rejected & appealed and a PI from an objection to passing plans.
Fully wrote:

some info here:

but I'm out of my depth now. I don't know if there is a difference between a PI from a planning that has been rejected & appealed and a PI from an objection to passing plans.
Fully 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8487No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Tick Tock : Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:22 pm  
coco the fullback wrote:
some info here:

Having read the Planning Website, a public inquiry is in the main held for both called-in applications and appeals.
coco the fullback wrote:
some info here:

Having read the Planning Website, a public inquiry is in the main held for both called-in applications and appeals.
bigalf 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1347No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 17 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 22 12:0011th May 18 09:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

"I can tell you the atmosphere was extraordinary at Wheldon Road on big days. The ground held around 15,000 people, every one of them close to the action on the field and the noise would be enough to send a rumble through the town" - Malcolm Reilly "Reilly - A Life in Rugby League"

Re: Tick Tock : Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:57 pm  
Fully wrote:

FYI

8. CHALLENGING DECISIONS AND MAKING COMPLAINTS
8.1 The High Court is the only authority that can require
reconsideration of an Inspector’s or Secretary of State’s decision.
Applications to the High Court to challenge decisions must be
made within 6 weeks from the date of the Inspector’s decision on
the appeal.
TRB 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 18 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Dec 21 22:5121st Feb 19 13:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Wakefields Sporting Crusader"

For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto //www.swag-online.co.uk

For the latest details on the Supporters Trust, log onto //wakefield.rlfans.com

Re: Tick Tock : Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:59 pm  
Fully wrote:

That's an appeal against the local authority, not an appeal against the SoS ruling following a PI. It won't apply in our case and the only option open to those against NM would be a judicial review - i.e. to question the procedure itself - not the decision.
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
boardwalkemp
6m
Why have so many big clubs given up on the field
RobRiches
7m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES