Big Calls
Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:58 pm
Posted by bellycouldtackle on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:58 pm
bellycouldtackle Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 76,956

Quiz Score: 0

Got to give Chris Chester credit for a couple of big calls re selection yesterday. I think the dropping of Paulie Paulie was a very obvious call to make but still needed to be made, as identified by several on here over the weeks his defense is imply not up to standard and we cannot afford to carry him. Again as noted by many on here Arundel needs to play, Lyne and Arundel are our best centres, Toupou has to play so dropping TJ and playing BT on the wing was an excellent option. So well done CC, a big call that has worked well.
Now I presume that there are very few on here who would suggest for one minute that Baldwinson effects the game more than Anakin who is all action, all heart, he gets us on the front foot. I am not suggesting that Baldwinson is a poor player, but Anakin should play ahead of him.
Re: Big Calls
Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:06 pm
Posted by vastman on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:06 pm
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 81
Rep Position: 1st / 76,956

bellycouldtackle wrote:
Got to give Chris Chester credit for a couple of big calls re selection yesterday. I think the dropping of Paulie Paulie was a very obvious call to make but still needed to be made, as identified by several on here over the weeks his defense is imply not up to standard and we cannot afford to carry him. Again as noted by many on here Arundel needs to play, Lyne and Arundel are our best centres, Toupou has to play so dropping TJ and playing BT on the wing was an excellent option. So well done CC, a big call that has worked well.
Now I presume that there are very few on here who would suggest for one minute that Baldwinson effects the game more than Anakin who is all action, all heart, he gets us on the front foot. I am not suggesting that Baldwinson is a poor player, but Anakin should play ahead of him.

Pauli Pauli played well against Cas and seemed to go off due to injury against Leeds, why do you assume he dropped him for the reason you suggest? It's mainly you who thinks PP can't defend but then you said the same about Fifita, Finn and all the other players you have relentlessly got wrong through the years so I won't take your opinion to seriously.

Baldwins is probably a better than Anakin imho and certainly has more potential. I'm yet to see the Anakin you describe on anything like a regular basis and it would seem umpteen previous coaches can't either.

I do hope your better at selling printing machines 8) :lol: :lol: 8)
SUPPORT SWAG...
Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:29 pm
Posted by REDWHITEANDBLUE on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:29 pm
REDWHITEANDBLUE User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 76,956

vastman wrote:
Pauli Pauli played well against Cas and seemed to go off due to injury against Leeds, why do you assume he dropped him for the reason you suggest? It's mainly you who thinks PP can't defend but then you said the same about Fifita, Finn and all the other players you have relentlessly got wrong through the years so I won't take your opinion to seriously.

Baldwins is probably a better than Anakin imho and certainly has more potential. I'm yet to see the Anakin you describe on anything like a regular basis and it would seem umpteen previous coaches can't either.

Chester said he had an honest chat with PP and dropped him
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]
Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:42 pm
Posted by wrencat1873 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:42 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 5th / 76,956

vastman wrote:

I know that you can read pretty much anything into stats but, Pauli has conceded more penalties than any other player and tackles made are way down compared to our other props.
Of course, each player is there to do a job to help the team but, for a side that has been conceding big numbers of penalties, maybe, he not doing everything that Chester expects.
Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:56 pm
Posted by PopTart on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:56 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 33
Rep Position: 6th / 76,956

Dropping PP was a good decision to me......If only because we have options and it takes him out of the firing line to work on his game. He'll be back soon.

I was surprised how big Balwinson is but he's not the finished article yet. He'll do well at Wakefield I reckon.

I'm a fan of Arundel but I don't think he took his chance as well as he could have. I'd Need to see the game again but I don't think he'll be keeping TJ Tupou or Lyne out of the next game.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:37 am
Posted by BOJ042 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:37 am
BOJ042 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 76,956

pauli pauli was going to be a great signing for us if he traind hard- it looks like he wont do that so do we cut our loses now and release him??????

I will start another thread about who could be his replacement.
Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:20 am
Posted by Trinity1315 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:20 am
Trinity1315 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,956

I feel sorry for Arundel because he is a very good centre. Problem is, I feel our best back line is BJB Lyne, Tupou and Johnstone. I say that and yet I feel Tupou is far better on the wing than at centre!
we just have a rich seam of talented threequarters - who would have thought that would have caused problems!
Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:50 am
Posted by FSW on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:50 am
FSW Stevo's Armpit

Don't forget MCB. Phenomenal strike rate and improving with every game. It's really perm any 4 from 6 and I don't envy Chris Chester having to keep them all happy.
Post Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:45 am
Posted by Adam_Harrison9 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:45 am
Adam_Harrison9 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 76,956

Agree with your point about Annakin tbh. He was awesome last 8 games of last season.
Dear Ron MacLean. Dear Coach's Corner. I'm writing in order for someone to explain to my niece the distinction between these mandatory pre-game group rites of submission and the rallies at Nuremberg. Specifically the function the ritual serves in conjunction with what everybody knows is in the end a kid's game. I'm just appealing to your sense of fair play when I say she's puzzled by this incessant pressure for her to not defy
collective will and yellow-ribboned lapels, as the soldiers inexplicably rappel down from the arena rafters. If it not so insane, they'd be grounds for screaming laughter.