Posted by vastman on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:21 pm
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 81
Rep Position: 1st / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

imwakefieldtillidie wrote:
Fifita hasn’t played the ball correctly since he came here. I’m not sure if he’s playing for the penalty or a quick play the ball, I’m not sure why he plays for either when we’re in front and have field position with just a few minutes to go. It cost us the game at Warrington last season.

Sorry but that's rubbish. His play the ball is about average but hey let's focus on one incident from a year ago, bizarre.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Good ref
Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:12 am
Posted by Emley Cat on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:12 am
Emley Cat Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 344

I don't know why Child has a gripe against us but he pings us for stuff he doesn't ping other teams for. I watched the Saints away game from last season recently and he was on Fifita's case in that game too. He's like a hawk for any slight discretion in our play around the ruck but lets other teams get away with all sorts. I dread it when I see he's the ref and I'd say he's one of the worst, can't stand the bloke.
Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:17 am
Posted by bren2k on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:17 am
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 32
Rep Position: 7th / 77,307

Emley Cat wrote:
I don't know why Child has a gripe against us

Ask Richard Agar about that.
Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:01 am
Posted by TheMightyTrin on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:01 am
TheMightyTrin Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,307

Thaler and bentham are by far the best referees.

Hicks isnt very good, but he is consistently not very good to both sides. I guess that's a silver lining to a very dark cloud.

Child is poor, Kendall is atrocious. hewer is dreadful, the list goes on.
Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:04 pm
Posted by bren2k on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:04 pm
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 32
Rep Position: 7th / 77,307

TheMightyTrin wrote:
Child is poor

I actually think he's improved massively over the years - but he is a pedant, and teams must be aware of that; he does far less of the coaching/persuading of players that Thaler will for example, but I'm not necessarily against that - the issue is with consistency.

I do believe however that he is very harsh when he referees WT, and always has been.
Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:31 pm
Posted by imwakefieldtillidie on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:31 pm
imwakefieldtillidie User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,307

vastman wrote:
Sorry but that's rubbish. His play the ball is about average but hey let's focus on one incident from a year ago, bizarre.

You're a big advocate of Trinity TV. Watch the games back and then tell me what his play the balls are like. I like Fifita, but I've been saying for 12 months that this is a problem area for him.
Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:25 pm
Posted by vastman on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:25 pm
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 81
Rep Position: 1st / 77,307

You're a big advocate of Trinity TV. Watch the games back and then tell me what his play the balls are like. I like Fifita, but I've been saying for 12 months that this is a problem area for him.

I've just told you what I think why do I need to look again just to make you feel better?

His PTB is on the edge, so what. The one he was penalised for on Friday was the same as almost ever PTB that night from every player on the pitch - so you tell me why pick on him. There are far worse out there but that downs'y suit your argument I suspect.

So a word of advice, you watch most other SL props on SKY see what you think.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:32 pm
Posted by imwakefieldtillidie on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:32 pm
imwakefieldtillidie User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,307

vastman wrote:
I've just told you what I think why do I need to look again just to make you feel better?

His PTB is on the edge, so what. The one he was penalised for on Friday was the same as almost ever PTB that night from every player on the pitch - so you tell me why pick on him. There are far worse out there but that downs'y suit your argument I suspect.

So a word of advice, you watch most other SL props on SKY see what you think.

All I’m saying is that if you watch them back and keep an eye on his play the ball you’ll see what I mean. Very rarely does he play it with his foot. And I don’t care what other props do, I’m a Wakefield fan, they can do as they please.

I don’t expect you to come back and admit you were wrong, I know that won’t happen, but watch him closely and you’ll see.
Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:12 pm
Posted by Shifty Cat on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:12 pm
Shifty Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 39
Rep Position: 4th / 77,307

All I’m saying is that if you watch them back and keep an eye on his play the ball you’ll see what I mean. Very rarely does he play it with his foot. And I don’t care what other props do, I’m a Wakefield fan, they can do as they please.

I don’t expect you to come back and admit you were wrong, I know that won’t happen, but watch him closely and you’ll see.

I've watched just about every game this season, our own and those on SKY and a ton last season and it seems that in our game that the majority of players don't play the ball correctly (i'd say something like 8 out of every 10 as a guesstimate), as in they place the ball on the floor and use their foot to roll it back.

It seems to me there are 2 ways that most players use nowadays and that's the roll it between their legs technique, or lift their leg up and roll it underneath it without the ball touching the foot.

I'd have thought if the refs really thought it was a real problem, they'd have spoken to the teams at the start of the year and then punish every player who doesn't do it the proper way but I suppose they'd be about 50 penalties a match for quite a while. it's something that's gradually crept more and more into the game the past decade or so.

Personally though, I don't have much of a problem with it, as long as the player has gained his feet and plays it post to post.

The one thing that does get on my nerves, that players have taken advantage of because refs have not been punishing it as much as they did say 5 seasons ago, is the second markers at the PTB not standing square. Second markers seem to think as long as they have hold of the shirt of the marker they can stand where they want, which is an obvious penalty but refs just hardly penalise it, just one or two if your lucky/unlucky a match. Compared to the PTB issue, imo the second marker not standing in line is far more benefitial for the defendig side.
Post Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:35 am
Posted by lifelongfan on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:35 am
lifelongfan User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,307

I thought Child had decent game until that 78th minute decision, although he did miss 2 terrible high shots 1 on Huby and 1 on Pauli.

Watching the replay there is a very slight delay in awarding the Fifita penalty, maybe a call from the linesman, none the less it was still a very harsh one and potentially game changing.

If not for that 78th min decision possibly for the first time I can remember we would not have been talking about him when reffing us.

Shame really
NEVER TRUST A BADGE KISSER

N K
PreviousNext