WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Jowitt to Cas?

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Jowitt to Cas?

Re: Jowitt to Cas?
Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:16 pm
Posted by wakey warrior on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:16 pm
wakey warrior Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 107th / 77,384

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:27 pm
Posts: 62
These aren't vindictive posts Vasty it's just a fact. I'd love to see where your'e coming from there are no videos of him tackling because he does'nt tackle, probably third man in but not by himself don't you think he would have got some game time if that wasn't the case. It seems to me that anybody that doesn't agree with you is some sort of troll & everything they say is wrong. Accept there are a lot of people out there that rate him for his attacking flare me included & another 50% including me that can see see his lack of defence But me personally I think the defence is more important you'll probably disagree but that's fine
Re: Jowitt to Cas?
Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:19 pm
Posted by PopTart on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:19 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 253
Rep Position: 7th / 77,384

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 10885
Location: wakefield
vastman wrote:
You know I just don't get vindictive posters like you.

I was one of the first on here to question Jowitts one on one tackling - that IMO was fair comment as it needed a bit of work.

So how the hell have you managed to somehow twist that and make him into a player who 'can't defend' which is absolute rubbish even for you.

I've watched every game he's played in and 90% of his defending has been top class - try watching with your eyes open. As no player can be 100% he needs to get up to 95% - any reasonable person would say that was possible for a 21 year old :FRUSRATED:

As for Mr Powell a coach who has played Eden and Roberts at F/B amongst other misfits I would suggest his opinion in that regard is far from definative wouldn't you :IDEA:


I'm not sure I understand your point.
Why is it ok to question is one on one tackling but not ok to question his defense?
I get that defending included defending kicks, and to be honest, at that, he is exceptionally good. So if that is what you are saying, you'll get further explaining that rather than doing your "troll" "vindictive poster" thing.

I like Max a lot but he isn't the complete package yet and none of us truly know whether he ever will be.
The kid from Leeds is highlighting the advantage of having a one on one defensive fullback, so it's bound to come up when talking about Max.

Saying that, coaching clearly makes a difference.
Hardaker wasn't that great when he went to Leeds and Golding was called out as being quite poor. Both improved considerably at Leeds and now Walker is also showing how it is done. That can't be a co-incidence. I'd also add Rob Burrow to that list too. He changed his defensive capabilities completely.

Rather than sending Max on loan somewhere I'd rather go find out who is doing that at Leeds and get him down here on a consultancy basis.

Max has a lot of time on his side to improve, but he now has Hooley breathing down his neck and it won't be long before he is being talked about in the same way.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Jowitt to Cas?
Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:03 pm
Posted by vastman on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:03 pm
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 283
Rep Position: 4th / 77,384

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 28429
Location: Poodle Power!
PopTart wrote:
I'm not sure I understand your point.
Why is it ok to question is one on one tackling but not ok to question his defense?
I get that defending included defending kicks, and to be honest, at that, he is exceptionally good. So if that is what you are saying, you'll get further explaining that rather than doing your "troll" "vindictive poster" thing.

I like Max a lot but he isn't the complete package yet and none of us truly know whether he ever will be.
The kid from Leeds is highlighting the advantage of having a one on one defensive fullback, so it's bound to come up when talking about Max.

Saying that, coaching clearly makes a difference.
Hardaker wasn't that great when he went to Leeds and Golding was called out as being quite poor. Both improved considerably at Leeds and now Walker is also showing how it is done. That can't be a co-incidence. I'd also add Rob Burrow to that list too. He changed his defensive capabilities completely.

Rather than sending Max on loan somewhere I'd rather go find out who is doing that at Leeds and get him down here on a consultancy basis.

Max has a lot of time on his side to improve, but he now has Hooley breathing down his neck and it won't be long before he is being talked about in the same way.


Do you actually read post ot do you make it up as you go along?

Your creating an argument in your head against something I never said, as ever.

I can't believe I'm having to explain this to you but here goes.

Scenario 1: Most people have noted that Jowitt needs to work a bt on his one on one tacking but like him as a palayer - this Poptart is called CONTRUCTIVE CRITICISM - coaches use it quite a lot.

Scenario 2: A paoster in this case tryscorer states quite catagorically that Powell 'wants a fullback who can defend and the kid cant im afraid'.

How can't you see the difference between, needs a bit of work (thats 1) and can't defend (that's 2) and by definition will never be able to defend hence will never be a good player. This is then even odder as you try to argue the point by making the very same point I made! I mean seriously if you can't undrstand my post you are either being deliberately obtuse or attempting cheap points scoring.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Jowitt to Cas?
Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:04 pm
Posted by try scorer on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:04 pm
try scorer Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 104th / 77,384

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:27 pm
Posts: 748
When i dont watch with my eyes open vasty i,l be dead old lad check my posts on this subject not just on about tackling his cover play is poor always late ,folk like you are the ones that dont see the whole picture mate like to think mines constructive criticism all i was doing was pointing out like wakey warrior the kids weakness if you cant see that il say its you thats blinkered
Re: Jowitt to Cas?
Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:07 pm
Posted by vastman on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:07 pm
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 283
Rep Position: 4th / 77,384

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 28429
Location: Poodle Power!
wakey warrior wrote:
These aren't vindictive posts Vasty it's just a fact. I'd love to see where your'e coming from there are no videos of him tackling because he does'nt tackle, probably third man in but not by himself don't you think he would have got some game time if that wasn't the case. It seems to me that anybody that doesn't agree with you is some sort of troll & everything they say is wrong. Accept there are a lot of people out there that rate him for his attacking flare me included & another 50% including me that can see see his lack of defence But me personally I think the defence is more important you'll probably disagree but that's fine


I don't have a problem with your posts, I don't agree but hey ho. It's tryscorer who has a long history of bagging young players who I don't like very much - especially when you consider who one or two othe posters on here suggest he is.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Jowitt to Cas?
Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:12 pm
Posted by vastman on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:12 pm
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 283
Rep Position: 4th / 77,384

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 28429
Location: Poodle Power!
try scorer wrote:
When i dont watch with my eyes open vasty i,l be dead old lad check my posts on this subject not just on about tackling his cover play is poor always late ,folk like you are the ones that dont see the whole picture mate like to think mines constructive criticism all i was doing was pointing out like wakey warrior the kids weakness if you cant see that il say its you thats blinkered


No 'mate' you didn't point out a weakness you said 'mate' and I quote 'wants a fullback who can defend and the kid cant im afraid' and that 'mate' isn't constructive criticism that is wholesale dismissal so don't come that rubbish with me please. You then compounded that by stating Powell thought the same as if you even have a chance of knowing. You 'mate' have been caught over egging the pudding as usual.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Jowitt to Cas?
Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:38 pm
Posted by PopTart on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:38 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 253
Rep Position: 7th / 77,384

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 10885
Location: wakefield
I asked you a question Vastman. Just to understand your point.
No argument.

You have some rage issues you need to address.
Not everyone is out to get you.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Jowitt to Cas?
Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:21 pm
Posted by try scorer on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:21 pm
try scorer Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 104th / 77,384

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:27 pm
Posts: 748
Forget the mate then thats summat the aussies use all the time, egging the pudding thats a saying ive never heard, and lets forget powell , its my oppinion jowitt cant defend , cant tackle, positionly is lacking ,good on support play ,now that seems pretty clear what i think you dont obviously but i dont rate your opinion ok
Re: Jowitt to Cas?
Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 pm
Posted by BOJ042 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 pm
BOJ042 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 86th / 77,384

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 am
Posts: 526
start Hampshire for Finn - jowitt and finn jostle for the bench spot
Re: Jowitt to Cas?
Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 am
Posted by vastman on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 am
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 283
Rep Position: 4th / 77,384

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 28429
Location: Poodle Power!
PopTart wrote:
I asked you a question Vastman. Just to understand your point.
No argument.

You have some rage issues you need to address.
Not everyone is out to get you.


They blinking well are :lol:
SUPPORT SWAG...
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: coco the fullback and 67 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,835,37370777,3844,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 10th Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
ST. HELENS
Thu 21st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Fri 1st Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 10th Mar 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL KR
Fri 15th Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
Thu 21st Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
WARRINGTON
Sun 31st Mar 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
SALFORD
Fri 5th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 12th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 18th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Mon 22nd Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sun 28th Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 5th May 15:00
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 18th May 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 9th Jun 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sun 16th Jun 15:00
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 21st Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
WAKEFIELD
Thu 27th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 6th Jul 17:00
SLXXIV
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
WAKEFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






33