WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - You are not trying to tell me

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity You are not trying to tell me

Re: You are not trying to tell me
Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:59 pm
Towns88 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Surely if Cas knew about an impending ban for Zak that we would have given Eden more then 1 training session at full back ! And also why would Zak of tweeted on Wednesday of grand final week that he was excited for Saturday ? He was also very close to winning man of steel on the Tuesday. If the RFL knew this, surely he wouldn't have been allowed to be involved ?!
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround."

An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.
Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:46 pm
Redscat Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Towns88 wrote:
Surely if Cas knew about an impending ban for Zak that we would have given Eden more then 1 training session at full back ! And also why would Zak of tweeted on Wednesday of grand final week that he was excited for Saturday ? He was also very close to winning man of steel on the Tuesday. If the RFL knew this, surely he wouldn't have been allowed to be involved ?!

Hence my earlier question, " What would have happened if Hardaker had won the MoS?"
Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:46 pm
The Devil's Advocate User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Towns88 wrote:

Do you believe that Cas were unaware Hardaker may have failed a test after the Leeds game?

I'm sure Hardaker knew & he could be in a whole lot of bother, maybe he thought he'd dodged a bullet, or maybe he just doesn't think.

For all I know they both might have known & hoped it would at least come to light after the G.F.

Either way, I bet last Thursday was a joy Darn't Lane.
"What year is this?"
Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:36 pm
Shifty Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

bren2k wrote:
Credit where it's due - belly is smarter than the average troll...

:lol: Belly though, he does go from one extreme to the other as far as Cas is concerned
Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:57 am
DAVE@CAS1990 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

The only way I can get my head around this is that.....

If he was tested after the Leeds game he must have had an idea whether he was going to fail it.

Since no time frames have been given out (although I'm sure someone on here has heard of from his mum's best mates aunties parrot) I can only assume that Zak has taken the stuff a number of days previously and has said that there's a possibility of him failing.

I think it stays in your system about a week???? So, let's say he was tested Thursday night but took it the previous Friday....

With a grand final coming up this is probably why cas didn't suspend him on the spot. I don't think many clubs would suspend one of their key players before a GF until it was official. Plus it doesn't look great as an employer, if you suspend him and it comes back clean.

A ban is not issued by the authorities until it has been confirmed after testing the A and B samples, hence he was eligible to play until 10am last Thursday when the failed test was confirmed.

Like I say, I'm merely speculating.... But there must have been a significant gap between him taking the drugs and getting tested. I'm sure cas will have been aware of the test, and I'm sure Zak will have commented on it. If it was blatantly obvious he was going to fail they'd have blooded Eden a little better.

Claims that saints should, what, sue someone? Are pretty desperate.
Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:02 am
Maffy Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

And you wonder why people don't post :SICK:
Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:23 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Too far Belly.
I'm sure I don't need to explain.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Post Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:58 pm
newgroundb4wakey Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

bellycouldtackle wrote:
That Cas did not know about Hardakers failed drug test before last Thursday. I knew three weeks ago, the news was out there. Other Cas players apparently knew. It was the talk in the pubs. I was told by an agent. The Cas club must have known and yet they still played him. Surely Saint Helens should be meeting their lawyers today, they must have a case for damages against Cas who selected Hardaker in the Semi, if I knew plus most of the RL people I talk to in Stanley / Outwood knew then you are not going to convince me that the Cas coaching staff, club officials all knew and still choose to select him.

As another well known millionaire would say, "fake news"
You really should start writing novels although JK Rowling has nothing to fear.
Post Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:13 am
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

newgroundb4wakey wrote:
As another well known millionaire would say, "fake news"
You really should start writing novels although JK Rowling has nothing to fear.

How was it fake when it was correct? :?
SUPPORT SWAG...
Post Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:47 am
JINJER User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Regarding whether Cas knew or not, I'd have thought immediately after a positive test is received, the player would be informed and then his employers, in this case Cas, would be informed straight after the player, the club/player could then decide whether to launch an appeal. My guess is that Cas knew a fair while since. Plus the fact that if I was in the position that Zac found himself I'd have informed Cas as soon as I had given my first sample, assuming he'd not forgotten he'd taken it.
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT
PreviousNext