WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Time to forget Newmarket

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Time to forget Newmarket

Re: Time to forget Newmarket
Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:40 pm
Posted by charlie63wildcat on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:40 pm
charlie63wildcat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/fo ... -1-8651172
I post this because it is so sad to see what is happening with us but a couple of my friends are involved in this. It's smaller scale than what we need but it is heavily fan led and local authority backed as I recall. It can be done. Can we as fans be mobilised to make something happen outside of protests? I don't know but I am fed up with this fiasco
Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:12 pm
Posted by BOJ042 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:12 pm
BOJ042 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

goodbye super league in Wakefield.
Post Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:23 am
Posted by JINJER on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:23 am
JINJER User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

It may well be a pie in the sky idea but at least Charlie is promoting positive ideas, where as you BOJ042 are as negative as ever.
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT
Post Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:56 am
Posted by TRB on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:56 am
TRB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

charlie63wildcat wrote:
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/long-road-home-finally-at-an-end-for-scarborough-athletic-1-8651172
I post this because it is so sad to see what is happening with us but a couple of my friends are involved in this. It's smaller scale than what we need but it is heavily fan led and local authority backed as I recall. It can be done. Can we as fans be mobilised to make something happen outside of protests? I don't know but I am fed up with this fiasco

A Supporters Trust now run Scarborough FC I believe. They have been on a very long road back since the demise of the original club. We need to brace ourselves that we too could be on a very long road back from here, albeit we have a strong club with great leadership - at the moment (and hopefully for a long time to come, but I could understand any move Chris and Michael make).

My Mrs was getting angered by all this on Monday after I had a conversation with Armadillo over the phone in the car. She wasbemoaning the years and years spent chasing this and the time lost whilst the family grew up. But in the end, when it come to the question of 'why me', the only answer I can give is that someone has to do it as if we don't, who will, and now we are crammed with all this knowledge and history of the subject, we are committed to see it through one way or another!

The phrase SC likes to use is that we will 'die in a ditch' before we will give in to the injustice that is happening right in front of our faces, and that just about sums it up for me!
"Wakefields Sporting Crusader"

For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto //www.swag-online.co.uk

For the latest details on the Supporters Trust, log onto //wakefield.rlfans.com
Post Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:04 pm
Posted by snowie on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:04 pm
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

TRB wrote:
A Supporters Trust now run Scarborough FC I believe. They have been on a very long road back since the demise of the original club. We need to brace ourselves that we too could be on a very long road back from here, albeit we have a strong club with great leadership - at the moment (and hopefully for a long time to come, but I could understand any move Chris and Michael make).

My Mrs was getting angered by all this on Monday after I had a conversation with Armadillo over the phone in the car. She wasbemoaning the years and years spent chasing this and the time lost whilst the family grew up. But in the end, when it come to the question of 'why me', the only answer I can give is that someone has to do it as if we don't, who will, and now we are crammed with all this knowledge and history of the subject, we are committed to see it through one way or another!

The phrase SC likes to use is that we will 'die in a ditch' before we will give in to the injustice that is happening right in front of our faces, and that just about sums it up for me!

I think you've put yourself in a position where you couldn't walk away, I had that feeling half way through the barrier refab, how I managed to get to end gawd knows without the help of others around me, I couldn't do it now even the head said it could, I too look back at what I've done in the last 5 yrs and wished I could of redirected my energies else where.
does anyone know of a film director we could of had a good documentary done on the plight of Wakefield Trinity
Post Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:30 pm
Posted by Trinity1315 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:30 pm
Trinity1315 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I suppose you, TRB and SC do it for the love of the club - although it must be the first thing you think of when you wake up!
So, I can understand why you do it but why does IA do it - is he not a Rhino?
Post Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:38 pm
Posted by snowie on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:38 pm
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Trinity1315 wrote:
I suppose you, TRB and SC do it for the love of the club - although it must be the first thing you think of when you wake up!
So, I can understand why you do it but why does IA do it - is he not a Rhino?
because he's a gentleman who has standards he believes in and fair play is one of them, one hell of a nice guy
Post Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:40 pm
Posted by Trinity1315 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:40 pm
Trinity1315 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

snowie wrote:
because he's a gentleman who has standards he believes in and fair play is one of them, one hell of a nice guy

Not many about so my hat off and gratitude to him also. :BOW: :BOW:
Post Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:50 pm
Posted by FIL on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:50 pm
FIL User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

snowie wrote:

Apart from the pink shirt !!!

:CURTAIN:
M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.
Post Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:02 pm
Posted by Sandal Cat on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:02 pm
Sandal Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

snowie wrote:

As you say he is a nice guy who believes in what we are doing and he is a local living in Stanley.

This has taken over my life almost and like TRB's wife, Mrs Sandal Cat cannot wait until it all end but as TRB has said of me,. I will die in a ditch before I will let this go.
LOOKING FOR ACCOMMODATION IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA
//www.orlandovilla.org.uk
PreviousNext