WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Stay at Belle Vue
Re: Stay at belle view
Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:45 am
lifelongfan User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Did that presentation ever come out about an updated Belle Vue from Manni Hussain ????????
NEVER TRUST A BADGE KISSER

N K
Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:13 am
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

lifelongfan wrote:
Did that presentation ever come out about an updated Belle Vue from Manni Hussain ????????

HA HA HA HA HA
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.
Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:32 pm
Prince Buster User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I see sacred cow has touched upon the rumour going around that Odsal could be an alternative solution.

To me that would be a non runner is just a bigger version of the Belle Vue dump. If you want to watch rugby in crap surroundings with crap facilities why go to Odsal for a bigger version of the same crap. Can't see such a move happening myself.
Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:26 pm
wakefieldwall Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

I'm behind the club but not sure I'm a move to Odsal behind the club.
What would a Cockney know about rugby league?
Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:31 pm
Sacred Cow Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Prince Buster wrote:
I see sacred cow has touched upon the rumour going around that Odsal could be an alternative solution.

To me that would be a non runner is just a bigger version of the Belle Vue dump. If you want to watch rugby in crap surroundings with crap facilities why go to Odsal for a bigger version of the same crap. Can't see such a move happening myself.

Whilst i agree entirely given the who the lease holder is whats the betting that Odsal is miraculously superleague standard?
Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:57 pm
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Well we have enough seats at Odsal ;-)

But seriously moving to Odsal is barmy. I suspect MC is trying to influence the other players by threatening to leave.

I hope he's careful because I fear for you if you move out of Wakefield. I wonder if the other players know that too.

Moving out of Belle Vue should only be done as a last resort.

I remember when we moved to Valley Parade in 2001. It was meant to be temporary while Odsal was re-developed. Despite us being SL champions our attendances dropped by a few thousand as people wouldn't travel across the city. We still remained in Bradford. If Wakefield moved to Dewsbury they'd lose support. If they moved to Odsal it'd be even worse. Can't see it happening.

Look at the clubs that moved out of their old grounds without a permanent home to go to (Oldham, York etc) they haven't prospered.

Stay put as long as you can.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:25 pm
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Bullseye wrote:

Stay put as long as you can.

I think we have already.
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.
Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:26 pm
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo wrote:
I think we have already.

I know it might seem like that but while you're there you have some influence. One you've gone what then?
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:50 pm
Slugger McBatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I'm not convinced we've seen the last move of the chess pieces.

No option is good (other than the one that was promised but not yet delivered).

Dewsbury is the least bad option in terms of moving. It's near enough to Wakefield to be passable, close to the motorway, as is most of Wakefield. What we would lose is the support from people who only ever walked. The crowds will be smaller, no doubt. Salford is probably the best comparison. Moved to a better ground but further away from where most people lived. The crowds dropped off a bit, but as there was always a decent hardcore, not too much. We are probably similar. We've always had a hardcore of 3,000 to 4,000. When the good times roll, that shoots up because the occasionals come back.

Bradford, on the other hand, were a much bigger club when they moved out of Odsal. What they lost were the fringe supporters, I'm guessing, but retained the hardcore.

Featherstone would be the wrong move. Politically, you're giving up whatever ace there is in being forced out of the District. I just don't know whether the ace is low or high. No one might care, in the end.

The club owners have a financial stake. If things are looking rocky, they might just get an offer they can't refuse from someone wanting a top flight club elsewhere. All they'd need would be the RFL's permission to relocate. If it were to an expansion area like Coventry, can you see the RFL refusing? I can't.

For me, that's the likeliest outcome. We move away. No one cares other than us. The club owners get an offer to buy the club and they sell. The club moves to pastures so far away you can't tell if they're new or not.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - MORE ANCIENT. MORE LOYAL.
Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:28 pm
newgroundb4wakey Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Don't know if any of you have seen the letter in League Express but a Fev fan has really slated Belle Vue and is calling for it to be shut down following their treatment at the weekend. Not sure from the letter whether he is blaming Wakey or Sheffield.
PreviousNext