FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Is there anything left to say?
RankPostsTeam
International Star1010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 26 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Jan 19 20:5216th Jan 19 12:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Is there anything left to say? : Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:47 pm  
666 wrote:
Thanks GW.

Now, more to the point:

NORTHERN

Will we be playing then even if we are not promoted?

Check the latest Northern news on the T & A's website.

Thanks for posting that 666 , cheered me up no end .
I hate it when clubs fold or have problems , like York at
The moment but when it comes to the Dulls I have not an ounce
Of sympathy . I wish them all the worst .
RankPostsTeam
International Star462No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 18 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Apr 19 10:1713th Nov 18 11:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
We are from Keighley. We are NOT Bradfordians.

Re: Is there anything left to say? : Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:33 am  
Just read it. Sounds like they're in deep trouble. Oh well... what goes around comes around. Maybe they should merge with us and we could call the new club... Keighley Cougars. We would of course reflect the merger by having a rethink of the club colours. My suggestion would be red, white and green. Hang on this is beginning to sound a bit familiar...
RankPostsTeam
International Star342No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 01 201410 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Feb 19 21:208th Jan 19 10:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Is there anything left to say? : Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:31 pm  
Plenty of supporter comments on another website:
Club run by clowns absolute disgrace were was all the board last week in France etc at a party big clear out needed starting with fawcett taking the club backwards
Trouble is, who will buy Fawcett out?
It's not about buying the directors out. They were not there today, not there to see the shambles and the disappointment the fans had to watch and no one had a pair of balls to even come downstairs into the Hall of Fame bar and to speak to the fans.
They should be at every game no excuses they are clueless couldn't run a p?££up in a brewery
So sad the club is on its knees, dying and fast. Many people said this was inevitable including me. It was never gonna work. The club from top to bottom needs a complete clear out. Too many players are now cosy and have their shirt no matter what week ...See more
£16 for a semi pro game of RL is nothing - as poor as kly may have been you try getting up out of bed the next day after a game. Personally I'd be happy to pay £20 if I knew the money was going into a players pocket
See your point and yes ok would pay the £16 if the players actually played like they wanted to win. Those fans paying that week in week out to watch what has been witnessed this year doesnt justify £10 never mind £16.
Lacked ideas and interest today so disappointing. Peltier been best forward all season and not picked. Then we have an used sub on bench.
In fairness peltier didn't turn up for training on Friday and in my mind it doesn't matter who you are, if you don't train then you don't get picked to play I will never defend Paul March bur on this occasion he was right not to select him
This team needs young blood that want to play rugby, but they have allowed alot of young local talented lads go. coach new management. Why are good players not playing. ....water carrying instead...and playing ones that are clearly tired and unfit and near retirement
He got young players and had them training and signing contracts....waste of time from experience with my son. He persists with the older players week in week out. And its not working when will this change. Any coach should realise this. Seems marchy isnt interested. Let march go. Bring on the younger lads give them a change.
Bring in peter roe till end of season and the academy lads to play
Hunslet were the better team today by miles , even when they had a man sent off for 10 minutes they ran rings around us . All we could offer was constant dropped balls , a ridiculous amount of penalties given away and just a general lack of discipline . With the exception of 3 of 4 of our players it was just total drivel .
We should have beaten Hunslet by miles (no disrespect to Hunslet) I thought they were poor but we were just shambolic!
Yep , the difference today was Hunslet wanted the win more .
Lack of discipline, that's how March used to play!!!!
Less than 400 in the crowd! Poor performance by team with the exception of Richie Hawkyard! Set for another year in League 1 and the crowd will dwindle more and more x
IVE ALREADY DWINGLED. MAVE, NOT BEEN FOR 5 MATCHES NOW.. IM A KEIGHLEY LAD LIVING IN BRAMLEY LEEDS,,
Might as well go watch Bramley Buffs for a better quality game
You might be right there john.. Just waiting for March to go
Remember that well v Fulham but that was then this is happening now its as well we all know that the bottom has fallen out of the cougars set up a clear out is needed over the winter but who would take it on
Garbage Côugars where has all the passion and commitment we keep hearing about week in week out, Gary Fawcettand the board you all need to go as from now I'd rather we wer in administration and get some young lads in who want to play for us than this shabby lot , they are mainly journeymen not bothered who they play for apart from Mr pay check. If you carry on like this you'll be playing in front of single figure crowds. People work hard and want to support their team but they are just throwing money down the drain ,we may as well keep our money and just wait till the end of the season and watch you all go...................please!!!
Very poor no heart and apart from Ritchie and Jodie rest looked poor to say the least. From the start you could see Hunslet wanted it more. Our completion rate was poor. Is it me or is rugby basic complete your sets and kick do this and defend and your hard to beat. Saw Barry eaton today there today wish he was still at cougar park
Charlie was pretty good today too
yeah perhaps you could add Charlie in there too but not many more
I thought Charlie Martin stood out as well
Posted this onCougar website earlier, wonder if I will get a reply? All season I have tried hard to be supportive, always be at the home games and get behind the players. However, after today i must speak out. Our team lacked coordination, creativity with the ball, and with some exceptions, enthusiasm. Could barely complete a set of six, and dropped the ball with alarming regularity. Only thanks to the Hunslet followers did the crowd exceed 300.
We are two weeks away from the ultimate humiliation, losing to a team from London in front of a crowd of less than 300. There are a few of us left who were in attendance last time this happened in the 1980s, please don’t let it happen again.
Mr March, PLEASE, for the good of the club, and your own professional pride, accept that you cannot motivate these players and step away now. And Mr Fawcett, if Mr March won’t go, put him on garden leave. I say this with a heavy heart but something needs to change. I have followed this club for over forty years and, along with many others, have never been so disillusioned.
Oh dear. The match today was boring, like during a film you want to walk out but feel you cant. We have no spirit from field to stand, we o longer have fans who are willing to shout at the top of their voices, drinking beer, chanting. Just a scatter of very loyal fans who have given up.
Indeed!! People are not going to go and watch lower league RL at just under SL (ha ha) prices. Especially when it's poor. Sad day for Cougars!!
RiP keighley Cougars
Could do without the negative comments haha
Ok we all love Leeds, happy now
Please don't swear on this page!
I bought my season ticket this year and haven't step foot in the ground in 7 weeks...... I'd rather watch Albion a team of players who want to play, can't single out individuals but big changes are needed and quick before we disappear, it's ok to score 60 points against the development clubs but we are not anywhere near the top 5 sides and next year we have Toronto to contend with
Paul sweetie its about time you moved away from the club, nothing personal my love but we need some fresh management. I love the cougars however paying so much money each week is tough for people and you can clearly see this in the attendance today. You'll be the bigger man to give the reigns to a new coach who can take the club forward. New owners for the club are desperately needed to rejuvenate and creates success. Lets make Keighley great again, fans, visits to the town and a general feeling of belonging and proudness' for the area. Thank you.
Sorry to say, today's performance was not good enough . Evident from the start Hunslet were up for it and we weren't. Only a few of our players tried. One very upset disillusioned cougar fan ..... Gutted doesn't even come close.
Not going to pay another penny to watch a March assembled/coached team again .
Me and my dad too!!
Look Gary Fawcett ^^^^
Fans that are sick of the same old trash every week and are staying away .
Bring back samir he knew how to break the line..
We have Ross, who wasn't picked for what ever reason.
Ross Peltier has been our best forward all season and everyone knows it, yet he doesn't get picked???
Get my father to coach them he knows what he's doing..
We have some players that are consistent week in & week out, but unfortunately some players are not off loading enough... thinks days are numbered for coach & players that now need to retire. I'm being honest that we won't get into championship I'm afraid, not with how we are, & definitely will struggle to stay in championship even if we got there, unless we have some serious money for damn good players, as for attendance 384?!!! Where was that number from? Out of a hat?? There was a lot more than that.... or even if it was right, a lot of hunslet fans... even less cougar fans!?
Time for changes now before we start to lose fans, etc
Think the attendance wasn't far off the mark to be fair Angela Dickinson-Monkhouse think it reflects the feeling of the fans and team performance not good enough
*cough* tiger
Discipline was mentioned on here earlier, I heard language from one player today which I don't want to hear on a rugby field, and the word does not start with F either, although that was used in a regular basis
384 did a lot get in for nowt next home game free of charge has a token gesture after that performance only the full back comes out of it with credit
Seemed to me that Richie ran the ball in so many times as he was brassed off with the lack of forward movement from the rest of the squad.
Keeps the VAT bill down
Could not be there today, gutted does not cut it. I was there when we were in administration and the players who were not getting paid to play regularly due to administration were showing more drive and desire than most of what we have today. After the defeat to Toulouse first time round Paul March asked the fans to concentrate on what they should be doing and leave him to take care of the rest on the pitch. Sorry Paul no can do these fans are die hard Cougars through and through and they still want a club in Keighley. We have been down before but had the desire to come back what worries me this time is if we are down we look like we will be out because there is no desire or fight from the people we need to have it the most. If this is the fault of the coach do one and let Keighley be the strong determined passionate club they used to be and they will pull themselves back where they belong, the number of fans that have stated this cannot be wrong Mr Fawcett take off your sunglasses and listen for the Cougar roar the fans are speaking and without them there is no club anyway. Common sense needs to prevail York have already gone does Rugby League really need to lose another club x x
Time to put the club up for sale and start with new owners, board, coach and players.
Very, very disappointed with todays game.That first half was dreadful. I cannot remember a half as bad as that before. We didnt get out of our half for going on 20mins. We could have been 28 points down. Hunslets game management was much better than our.
Everytime we got a bit of momentum going. They had a man stay down with a injury. Thus stopping our momentum. It worked even though the players were not injured.

We now need to start planning for next year. I hope our new coach has a clear out.
Its ok having age and experience in the team. But this year has proved that youth and enthusiasm are a match.
So much for doing it for Jonesy..where's the passion gone..big shake up and new coach asap..Pete rooke you up for coach..lol.
I've been a keighley fan for almost 40 years and have seen some for one reason or another some really awful sides run out in front of me but most have given their all .sadly the current squad despite being assembled to win promotion by our coach seems to be as a less motivated shall we saw as I've ever seen at lawkholme .if the coach and players would fancy a get together and chat I'd be for one love to hear what the reasons for a massive failure are .
March should do the right thing and stand down now. He could of gone on a positive after blackpool. Now its a negative
This is me speaking, otherwise I won't be coming back again this season.
This is me speaking as Gary Fawcett -Paul we would like you to leave as from now and we will pay you for remainder of season.
I cannot disagree with anything all the others have posted. No creativity at all. The Cougars are where they deserve to be and I can't see them getting any higher.
Lots of huff and puff! No creativity what so ever. Back to the mid 80's. The only difference is the players nowadays don't stand in a group looking bewildered!!
In a season of disappointments, that was just dire.
Thought it was a strange team selection Today ? No Peltier , Charlie Martin on the bench , didn't see Lawton come on? Where was Milner today?
Barrow hammered Donny today away. Gonna be an uphill battle and it looks like we haven't got the desire , management and team to make it.
Absolutely crap only the full back tried x no effort given new coach needed or they will be no fans
Get rid of Gary too
He will take a cheque !
Lol I don't think he would he would want cash.
Thought Matt Bailey played well, even after taking an elbow from Barnett
What excuses will we get this week? I've not been to the game due to work commitments but it looks like I a) saved £16 & b) saved myself from the frustration of another poor performance. I listened to bits on the radio and it sounded dire. Looks like another season in this division & less fans attending if we are still around. What year was it that Gary Fawcett said we'd be in Super League???
Originally 2014 haha
Time for a new face someone local maybe pull everyone in area together and boot out the time wasters
Very poor Cougarmania (Keighley Cougars), Hunslet by far the better team. well up for it. Our lot are no longer at the races. Man up PM admit you can`t get the required effort out of our "best" team in years and step down.
March knows he's gone at the end of the year and is happy to pick up his paycheque until then

Some of the players have given up

Unfortunately there's a culture issue at the club at present
Hunslet a player sent off, and a few injured and still fail to utilise that! Very poor, should have saved my hard earned cash and gone to the pub
How many times do we have to say it times up!! Have my 8 yr old said today falling out with cougars !! Can't the top people see you are killing future fans from coming.
I am Cougars through and through, what a bloody disgraceful performance. No pub for me this afternoon. I might cry in my beer
The first half an hour was the worst performance I've ever seen in 25 years of watching cougars
Rubbish yet again
An awful, awful result. The season is practically over now. PM's days at Keighley are numbered. Roll on next season...
RankPostsTeam
International Star1010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 26 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Is there anything left to say? : Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:10 pm  
Good effort saving all those comments with them all being deleted
From Facebook .
There for all to see now .
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1030No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 16 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Mar 18 00:3928th Feb 18 21:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Is there anything left to say? : Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:04 am  
Looking at the title: 'Is there anything left to say'; I have to say that CHC's comments leave nothing else to say.

Despite living on the south coast, my mate texts me throughout every home game and his comments on Sunday mirror CHC's.

Time for change.

How about a Supporters Trust?
RankPostsTeam
International Star462No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 18 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Is there anything left to say? : Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:05 am  
Deleted from Facebook? Well that's interesting. There's another post on the page 'You know you've lived in Keighley when...' which suggests some botheration between the club and Mike Smith. What on earth is going on down there?
RankPostsTeam
International Star1010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 26 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Is there anything left to say? : Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:55 pm  
CountyDurhamCougar wrote:
Deleted from Facebook? Well that's interesting. There's another post on the page 'You know you've lived in Keighley when...' which suggests some botheration between the club and Mike Smith. What on earth is going on down there?

D
Do you have a link for that CDC ?
Thanks.
RankPostsTeam
International Star462No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 18 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Is there anything left to say? : Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:24 pm  
burleycougar wrote:
D
Do you have a link for that CDC ?
Thanks.

BC, it's pretty much covered on here by the 'Mike Smith' thread started by 'On The Terraces'. I think it was his post I'd seen on Faceache anyway.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 26 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Is there anything left to say? : Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:53 am  
CountyDurhamCougar wrote:
BC, it's pretty much covered on here by the 'Mike Smith' thread started by 'On The Terraces'. I think it was his post I'd seen on Faceache anyway.

Ahhh right CDC , thanks for that .
Previous