WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - ZAK
Re: ZAK
Post Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:41 pm
Posted by nottinghamtiger on Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:41 pm
nottinghamtiger Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Posts: 2282
Unfortunately, history is generally a pretty good indication of the future.
As I’ve said though, even as a Cas supporter I hope he has a positive future. He’s a nice lad facing issues many people will never experience.
He deserves another chance, but there has to be a realisation that it comes with a high risk.
Re: ZAK
Post Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:07 pm
Posted by hengirl on Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:07 pm
hengirl Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:16 am
Posts: 396
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Unfortunately, history is generally a pretty good indication of the future.
As I’ve said though, even as a Cas supporter I hope he has a positive future. He’s a nice lad facing issues many people will never experience.
He deserves another chance, but there has to be a realisation that it comes with a high risk.

I honestly don't think there is a single fan that doesn't understand the risks with him, but even with his, lets be honest terrible track record, his talent demands him being given another chance, will it work just one person knows that answer.
Re: ZAK
Post Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:55 pm
Posted by Cruncher on Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:55 pm
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 16
Rep Position: 19th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 13933
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Unfortunately, history is generally a pretty good indication of the future.
As I’ve said though, even as a Cas supporter I hope he has a positive future. He’s a nice lad facing issues many people will never experience.
He deserves another chance, but there has to be a realisation that it comes with a high risk.


Has any Wigan poster on this board given you any indication that they aren't aware of this?

You keep saying this as if the Sword of Damacles is somehow hanging over us.

We know, okay? We'd like it to work out too. If it doesn't, he goes - as per his contract - and we sign someone else.
Re: ZAK
Post Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:15 am
Posted by Grimmy on Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:15 am
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 248

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 13078
100% Warrior wrote:
I mustn’t be the only one now who is sick to the back teeth of reading or hearing about his well documented history? Just give the lad a bloody chance!

He's had no shortage of those tbf!
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Re: ZAK
Post Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:16 am
Posted by The Whiffy Kipper on Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:16 am
The Whiffy Kipper User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:40 am
Posts: 458
Cruncher wrote:
Has any Wigan poster on this board given you any indication that they aren't aware of this?

You keep saying this as if the Sword of Damacles is somehow hanging over us.

We know, okay? We'd like it to work out too. If it doesn't, he goes - as per his contract - and we sign someone else.

He's just bitter and can't handle the fact that We took Hardaker after Cas made the mistake of sacking him, I seem to recall a few month back he was coming out with allsorts of cracks about Wigan owing Cas money and Cas wanting to take Wigan to court IIRC
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
Re: ZAK
Post Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:12 am
Posted by nottinghamtiger on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:12 am
nottinghamtiger Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Posts: 2282
The Whiffy Kipper wrote:
He's just bitter and can't handle the fact that We took Hardaker after Cas made the mistake of sacking him, I seem to recall a few month back he was coming out with allsorts of cracks about Wigan owing Cas money and Cas wanting to take Wigan to court IIRC


Absolutely not. You don’t remember correctly!
My understanding is that the issue of BoC has been resolved. Cas could not have taken Wigan to court at all ( I made that perfectly clear, and that Wigan have done nothing wrong). They could have taken Zak to court for BoC but that’s been resolved now.
For what it’s worth I don’t think Cas did make a mistake. The club made it clear that he showed no remorse.
I’ve always had every sympathy for Zak and the issues he faces. I’ve said numerous times that I hope everything works out for him and that he’s a genuinely nice bloke who is facing some big issues.
I’m glad he’s not at Cas anymore though. Not because of his on-field ability (he’s unquestionably the best full back in SL, or at least he was in 2017), but because if the likelihood of him disrupting the who club with his antics.
I wish him well, but I’d rather he be somewhere other than Cas.
Re: ZAK
Post Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:06 am
Posted by Rogues Gallery on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:06 am
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 pm
Posts: 30627
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Absolutely not. You don’t remember correctly!
My understanding is that the issue of BoC has been resolved. Cas could not have taken Wigan to court at all ( I made that perfectly clear, and that Wigan have done nothing wrong). They could have taken Zak to court for BoC but that’s been resolved now.
For what it’s worth I don’t think Cas did make a mistake. The club made it clear that he showed no remorse.
I’ve always had every sympathy for Zak and the issues he faces. I’ve said numerous times that I hope everything works out for him and that he’s a genuinely nice bloke who is facing some big issues.
I’m glad he’s not at Cas anymore though. Not because of his on-field ability (he’s unquestionably the best full back in SL, or at least he was in 2017), but because if the likelihood of him disrupting the who club with his antics.
I wish him well, but I’d rather he be somewhere other than Cas.


http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2017-1 ... rugs-test/

If he showed no remorse, why did Cas offer him another contract?
http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/n ... n-warriors
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Re: ZAK
Post Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:57 am
Posted by RichieS on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:57 am
RichieS User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:33 am
Posts: 294
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Unfortunately, history is generally a pretty good indication of the future.
As I’ve said though, even as a Cas supporter I hope he has a positive future. He’s a nice lad facing issues many people will never experience.
He deserves another chance, but there has to be a realisation that it comes with a high risk.


He's fine. Had over 9 RDT in the last 13 weeks and aced them all. He's well aware of the doubts everyone has and is very much looking forward to kicking off the season next year. He is 30/40% off the pace and knows he has his work cut out to get match fit for next year, that is the only worry we should really have as Wigan fans.
Re: ZAK
Post Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:09 pm
Posted by nottinghamtiger on Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:09 pm
nottinghamtiger Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Posts: 2282
Rogues Gallery wrote:
http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2017-10-09/hardaker-apologises-for-making-an-enormous-error-of-judgement-after-failing-drugs-test/

If he showed no remorse, why did Cas offer him another contract?
http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/n ... n-warriors


Could have been Cas spin (wouldn’t surprise me) but Steve Gill made it clear he showed no remorse in the immediate aftermath. He “apology” was just words and not backed up with his actions.
I believe he was offered another contract by Cas, once Steve Gill was no longer calling the shots, but he rejected it. To be honest he even contradicts himself there. In one breath he says he begged Cas to keep him on even paying minimum wage, but follows it with saying he couldn’t accept what he was offered!
As I’ve said throughout, I hope he does well. I’m not one of the Castleford supporters hoping he “gets what he deserves” or hoping he fails so we get some kind of “revenge”.
Re: ZAK
Post Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:11 pm
Posted by nottinghamtiger on Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:11 pm
nottinghamtiger Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Posts: 2282
RichieS wrote:
He's fine. Had over 9 RDT in the last 13 weeks and aced them all. He's well aware of the doubts everyone has and is very much looking forward to kicking off the season next year. He is 30/40% off the pace and knows he has his work cut out to get match fit for next year, that is the only worry we should really have as Wigan fans.


Good. To be honest he’s so fit I’m surprised he’s that far off match fitness. His stats are usually off the scale when it comes to fitness and endurance. Nobody at Cas could get near him in bleep test!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Major Tom, moto748 and 69 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,795,81273777,2164,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 10:40
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
CRONULLA
TODAY 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 28th Sep 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL FC
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






28