WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Do the Team Train in Lilliput

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com Do the Team Train in Lilliput

Re: Do the Team Train in Lilliput
Post Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:04 am
Posted by NickyKiss on Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:04 am
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 76,905

Quiz Score: 0

DaveO wrote:
I don't understand why we played that game at all. Surely the novelty and publicity was to do with the Hull game in the Gong. If the Souths game was to make the package on offer for travelling fans from the UK a viable commitment and more attractive with two games and not one, well all I can say to those fans who went is "you cost Wigan two points" :SHIFTY: :DRUNK:

Hardly any fans fault.

The club played the game to make a few quid extra. The ANZ apparantly offers decent money for clubs to take games there so I’d imagine that was in the thinking.

I don’t have too much of an issue with the fixture and none whatsoever with the fans lucky enough to attend but I think we could’ve planned better and we certainly could’ve picked a youngster side.
Post Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:59 am
Posted by Cruncher on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:59 am
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 16
Rep Position: 19th / 76,905

DaveO wrote:
I don't understand why we played that game at all. Surely the novelty and publicity was to do with the Hull game in the Gong. If the Souths game was to make the package on offer for travelling fans from the UK a viable commitment and more attractive with two games and not one, well all I can say to those fans who went is "you cost Wigan two points" :SHIFTY: :DRUNK:

You really are an oddball sometimes, Dave. Your posts can vary from the interesting and insightful to the downright stupid. I don't think you'll need to reflect too much to work out which end of the spectrum this one sits at.

So your obsessive desire to get rid of IL (despite all the trophies he's won for us) now extends to berating the fans you suspect of buying into his ideas? You realise that's sheer narcissism on your part?

You'd actually be better directing your fire at those fans who are currently staying away (as oppose to those who'd follow the club to the end of the Earth), because they are the ones whose absence is hitting our cash-flow. But no ... somehow I suspect you won't.

If you're that pathological about the guy, I think you'd be better following a different club. Because I don't think his administration is going anywhere in the near future and it's only going to infuriate you even more.
Post Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:27 am
Posted by BrisbaneRhino on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:27 am
BrisbaneRhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 22nd / 76,905

Just on the senior players playing against Souths, I'd be very surprised if they didn't all really want to play. Jamie Peacock said he always looked forward to playing against the Aussies in the WCC because he never played NRL, and even though your game wasn't a WCC I'd bet the players were up for it.
Post Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:29 am
Posted by NickyKiss on Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:29 am
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 76,905

BrisbaneRhino wrote:
Just on the senior players playing against Souths, I'd be very surprised if they didn't all really want to play. Jamie Peacock said he always looked forward to playing against the Aussies in the WCC because he never played NRL, and even though your game wasn't a WCC I'd bet the players were up for it.

They gave a good impression of not being too up for it!

I’m sure Peacock was referring to full games against first choice teams and not a 20 minute spell against a third of a team plus juniors.
Previous