Posted by Slugger McBatt on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:15 pm
Slugger McBatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 17
Rep Position: 18th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 36

RichieS wrote:
Anyway....back to the original post....Wakefield once again looked good today, ground down a strong Huddersfield in less than great conditions...we are in for an extremely tough Sunday afternoon next week. I see Wakefield there and thereabouts this year pushing the top 4 very hard probably alongside us.

Should be a decent game at your place. Looking forward to it.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - MORE ANCIENT. MORE LOYAL.
Re: Wakefield
Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:25 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:25 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

I’d have Wakey as favourites next week due to the size of their pack. It’ll take a big effort from our forwards to match them but if we can I’d back our backline to cause them some bother.
Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:38 pm
Posted by NSW on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:38 pm
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,307

MASSIVE test for our props this week.

Sutton, Club, Flower, Isa, Tautai vs Hirst, Fifita, England, Pauli, Huby.

The size difference is evident.

Imagine us having fifita instead of Tautai or FPN.
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:47 pm
Posted by Slugger McBatt on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:47 pm
Slugger McBatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 17
Rep Position: 18th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 36

Second best defence in the league, although I agree that you are our real test, as we've played four games we would normally earmark as potential winners. We haven't had to face a Sam Tomkins or George Williams yet.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - MORE ANCIENT. MORE LOYAL.
Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:52 pm
Posted by vastman on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:52 pm
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 81
Rep Position: 1st / 77,307

NickyKiss wrote:
I’d have Wakey as favourites next week due to the size of their pack. It’ll take a big effort from our forwards to match them but if we can I’d back our backline to cause them some bother.

Think you're underselling yourselves. After last season I doubt Wigan will let Trinity walk away with the points at the JJB this year. I think you'll have a straight forward win but who knows.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:53 pm
Posted by vastman on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:53 pm
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 81
Rep Position: 1st / 77,307

Suzy Banyon wrote:
WTF are you talking about? I read a lot of excuses and conspiracies about the council and various developers scamming you, but the real reason is decades of mismanagement, which allowed you to find yourselves in the poor position you are in, frankly.

You invalidated your counter by going on to attack us about sharing a stadium with a football team, it's benefited us on the whole. I count two "professional" RL teams in your city and a semi-pro RL team (a small football team too?), why don't you give sharing a try? It might move you all out of the 19th century.

It would be hard to get it more wrong if you were a complete imbacile - oh wait....
SUPPORT SWAG...
Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:15 pm
Posted by jonh on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:15 pm
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 27th / 77,307

We will have to play very well to beat Wakefield. They are basically exactly the type of team that we will struggle against. Big pack with excellent go forward and with the ability to bully teams, good balance in the halves Finn’s game management is outstanding and Miller offers the X factor and they have bags of pace and are not afraid to throw it about.

They also don’t leak points easily and a 1 dimensional attack will not break them down. They defended their line brilliantly today vs Huddersfield and their forward brought them off the line making big meters every set.

Huddersfield were poor but Wakefield didn’t allow them to play. Only positive for the Giants was Ikahahifo at Prop. What a player he is. Another one who has moved in the last 2 years and we really should have been looking at.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:22 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:22 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 77,307

vastman wrote:
Think you're underselling yourselves. After last season I doubt Wigan will let Trinity walk away with the points at the JJB this year. I think you'll have a straight forward win but who knows.

I don’t think it’s underselling us as such but more just saying how highly I rate Wakey this year. I see you as genuine top four challengers and at the minute your side is probably more settled then ours via the fact that those combinations between the spine of the team have been built for over a season now. We’ll have our work cut out in the front row to get on an even footing.

It looks an intriguing game.
Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:03 pm
Posted by Adam_Harrison9 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:03 pm
Adam_Harrison9 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,307

NickyKiss wrote:
I don’t think it’s underselling us as such but more just saying how highly I rate Wakey this year. I see you as genuine top four challengers and at the minute your side is probably more settled then ours via the fact that those combinations between the spine of the team have been built for over a season now. We’ll have our work cut out in the front row to get on an even footing.

It looks an intriguing game.

I would firstly like to say that I've always enjoyed Wakefield v Wigan games. I used to really like Wigan when I was younger (I'd say that has changed over time but hey ;)). As a Wakefield fan, I have some fond memories of us vs Wigan. I was there when we narrowly lost out in the semi-finals of the playoffs to you guys at the JJB. I was also there at the JJB lasts eason when Tupou scored his hattrick. I was there when Poore punched Farrell and I had to watch us play with 12 men and I was also there when we beat you by 62. That said, I think next Sunday's game will be that of 2 top 4 contenders and I think it is the first time I will be attending a Wakefield v Wigan game where I genuinely think we can come away with the win. I didn't think that before all the other games. It is also a game where I think man for man we match you or better you from 1 to 13. I've never said that against a Wigan team before.

My head says home advantage may result in a Wigan win by a try. I'm going to go for a 28-20 Wigan victory and a thoroughly entertaining game. To the Wigan fan slating the club about the stadium: leave it out if you don't know what you're talking about.
Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:46 pm
Posted by JWarriors on Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:46 pm
JWarriors Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,307

Adam_Harrison9 wrote:
It is also a game where I think man for man we match you or better you from 1 to 13. I've never said that against a Wigan team before.

I will start this off by saying that I think you look really good this year, and I think you may come away with the victory on Sunday.

But now to contradict my previous statement ( :lol: ) , I can only think of 3/4 players of yours who would get into the Wigan 13.
They would be Johnstone, Tupou, Fifita, and maybe Miller (depending on whether Wigan have Escare at full back with Tomkins in the halves or not.

I’d be interested to see which players to think match/better ours if I gave what I thought to be our strongest 13.

Escaré/Tomkins
Davies
Sarginson
Gildart
Burgess
Williams
Tomkins/Powell
Clubb
Leuluai
Flower
Bateman
Farrell