Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:03 pm
Posted by Last Son of Wigan on Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:03 pm
Last Son of Wigan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Grimmy wrote:
It would send out a good message if Hamlin was picked ahead of a more established player on the back of his performance against Leigh. I can't see it happening though. Would be looking at him more as a loose than a prop personally given his size. He would be alright against Salford, but I think we would struggle with him at prop when we come to play the likes of Hull, Leeds and Cas

Depends on Hamlins hands. We always look a different team without lockers, as we often play a 3rd prop instead of a forward who can throw the ball around as a link man between the 6 and 7.
Re: 19 Man Squad v Salford
Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:24 pm
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:24 pm
Bigredwarrior Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 76,907

NickyKiss wrote:
I said before the Leigh game that due to how bad the vast majority of the side were last year that I’d have that as an open audition for the first game. Whoever played the best gets the shirts at Salford. I thought Flower, Nuuausala, Isa and especially Hamlin went well whereas Sutton, Tautai and Joel Tomkins were pretty quiet imo.

It’s tough to split the three so I suppose I’d go back to last years form. I thought Sutton played well up until the last month or two so it’s one of Tautai or Joel. I probably cut Joel more slack for last season due to a run of injuries so on that basis I’d leave out Tautai. An early rocket up his backside won’t (hopefully) do him any harm.

I just think that SW knows exactly what the established players are capable of in competitive games but as yet, Hamlin is untested. We need to give him a go at 13 in Lockers absence to see what he can do. With respect to Salford, I’d rather test him in that game than against Hull or Warrington.
Re: 19 Man Squad v Salford
Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:45 pm
Posted by RichieS on Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:45 pm
RichieS User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 76,907

Gabe will feature tonight most likely at Loose...I believe the plan is for Forsyth to be 19th, unless JT struggles in warm up.
MusclePharm Brand Manager
Previous