WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wane hopeful for new season

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com Wane hopeful for new season

Re: Wane hopeful for new season
Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:51 pm
Posted by Wigan Peer on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:51 pm
Wigan Peer User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,905

Quiz Score: 0

DaveO wrote:
It's not early at all :). Don't rate him. Based on his abject failure to address the issues last season I think we'd be better with even with this squad which has some question marks over it (Sarge, FPN and some others) with a different coach.

Thanks for clearing that up.... I was uncertain where you stood on the question of Wanes ability.. :lol:
Officially RLFAN's most Doe-eyed Happy Clapper.

Big Steve wrote:
The Internet has provided some wonderful creativity, opportunities and knowledge sharing but it has also given a worldwide forum for people you would leave a full pint behind in the pub to avoid having to listen to them.

aboveusonlypie...
If you don't bother to go to the game when you live in the locality then you are not really a fan and therefore your views are invalid. It's simple.
Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:27 pm
Posted by thepimp007 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:27 pm
thepimp007 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 76,905

Quiz Score: 432

NickyKiss wrote:
I’m as big a Micky Man fan as there is and I’m sad to see him go but he didn’t have a good time of it last year when he returned and you can’t help but feel we’ll be a little more dynamic with Leuluai and Powell in there.

I must say I’ve never heard Micky Mac get as much praise in the press and from opposition fans as I have since he left Wigan. I used to hear he was an average thug, yet now I’m hearing he’s the heartbeat of the Wigan team, a fabulous player and that his loss will see us in 6th or 7th position.

It’s funny what a move away from Wigan can do for you!

Definitely seems to be the case. I have always loved what he gives in a game, but seeing him in the world cup makes me believe he was playing under instruction as he looked great having freedom
Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:46 pm
Posted by Wigg'n on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:46 pm
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 22nd / 76,905

Quiz Score: 80

thepimp007 wrote:
Definitely seems to be the case. I have always loved what he gives in a game, but seeing him in the world cup makes me believe he was playing under instruction as he looked great having freedom

Probably right. Our tactic last year seemed to be get it off the floor to Williams as quickly as possible and then let him dance around for a bit until he gets tackled. Either that or a completely telegraphed Leuluai inside pass to Bateman.
Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:49 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:49 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 76,905

Quiz Score: 0

thepimp007 wrote:

I’m sure there’s an element of playing to instruction at Wigan to it. I also think the quality of some of the opposition in the World Cup played a part.

He’s a top player for sure but as somebody who banged the drum for years against opposition fans in regards to his quality, I find it amusing they only agree now that they feel his exit may weaken us.
Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:31 pm
Posted by thepimp007 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:31 pm
thepimp007 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 76,905

Quiz Score: 432

NickyKiss wrote:
I’m sure there’s an element of playing to instruction at Wigan to it. I also think the quality of some of the opposition in the World Cup played a part.

He’s a top player for sure but as somebody who banged the drum for years against opposition fans in regards to his quality, I find it amusing they only agree now that they feel his exit may weaken us.

Totally agree. Hate when peopels Wigan hatred is unjustified and stupid
Previous