WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - And so it begins again...
And so it begins again...
Post Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:52 am
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:52 am
Bigredwarrior Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 77,037

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am
Posts: 1813
John Bateman to miss the start of Superleague due to having surgery on a broken finger sustained in the World Cup v Lebanon. Surely, this can’t be the start of another injury ravaged season? Let’s hope not!

Enjoy the season folks. May there be more ups than downs and plenty of exciting rugby to shout about.
Re: And so it begins again...
Post Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:17 am
Posted by That Mon on Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:17 am
That Mon User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,037

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:42 am
Posts: 182
Looks llike first couple of weeks out. Decided he wanted to carry on in World cup even though surgeon said he would lose the feeling and would have been set Lucky the ligament survived and alls well.
Re: And so it begins again...
Post Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:38 am
Posted by Cruncher on Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:38 am
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 16
Rep Position: 19th / 77,037

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 13923
That Mon wrote:
Looks llike first couple of weeks out. Decided he wanted to carry on in World cup even though surgeon said he would lose the feeling and would have been set Lucky the ligament survived and alls well.


That worked out well for all concerned.

Amazes me that a coach would allow a player to continue playing in vital games when he's carrying an injury.
Re: And so it begins again...
Post Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:57 am
Posted by Trainman on Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:57 am
Trainman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,037

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:59 pm
Posts: 848
Cruncher wrote:
That worked out well for all concerned.

Amazes me that a coach would allow a player to continue playing in vital games when he's carrying an injury.


If every player who was carrying an injury was sidelined we would have no players left.
Re: And so it begins again...
Post Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:23 am
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:23 am
Bigredwarrior Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 77,037

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am
Posts: 1813
Trainman wrote:
If every player who was carrying an injury was sidelined we would have no players left.



You’re right but in this case, he was told there was a genuine prospect of losing the finger if he didn’t get the treatment. Surely that is a risk too great and player welfare should be put first!
Re: And so it begins again...
Post Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:37 am
Posted by That Mon on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:37 am
That Mon User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,037

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:42 am
Posts: 182
Cruncher wrote:
That worked out well for all concerned.

Amazes me that a coach would allow a player to continue playing in vital games when he's carrying an injury.

Bennett must be a big fan .... I imagine Bateman would be the sort who would have played on no matter the cost? Like he says the chance to play in big games like that dont come around to often. I wouldnt want to be the one asking a player to risk perminant injury. I imagine it was left to John to make the call.
Re: And so it begins again...
Post Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:24 am
Posted by hengirl on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:24 am
hengirl Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,037

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:16 am
Posts: 383
Bigredwarrior wrote:
You’re right but in this case, he was told there was a genuine prospect of losing the finger if he didn’t get the treatment. Surely that is a risk too great and player welfare should be put first!



You’d think so wouldn’t you?

Though every time I hear the words injury and Wigan I groan
Re: And so it begins again...
Post Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:29 pm
Posted by Grimmy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:29 pm
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 77,037

Quiz Score: 248

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 13018
Bretherton injured during the Skolars game and on crutches now apparently :roll:

Do we know what the situation is with Liam Forsyth? Not in the side for either the Skolars or Leigh games.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Re: And so it begins again...
Post Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:09 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:09 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 77,037

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 22097
Location: WIGAN
Grimmy wrote:
Bretherton injured during the Skolars game and on crutches now apparently :roll:

Do we know what the situation is with Liam Forsyth? Not in the side for either the Skolars or Leigh games.


Not sure on Forsyth.

Hopefully the Bretherton injury won’t be too serious but it’ll have little impact on the first team in the short term (thankfully). He looks to be 8th or 9th choice prop at best currently.
Re: And so it begins again...
Post Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:45 pm
Posted by Cruncher on Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:45 pm
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 16
Rep Position: 19th / 77,037

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 13923
NickyKiss wrote:
Not sure on Forsyth.

Hopefully the Bretherton injury won’t be too serious but it’ll have little impact on the first team in the short term (thankfully). He looks to be 8th or 9th choice prop at best currently.


I second this. I've seen nothing in Bretherton that makes me think he's even close to being a regular first team prop at Wigan.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 48 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,781,56664977,0374,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 31st Aug 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
ST. HELENS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 6th Sep 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 14th Sep 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 21st Sep 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 28th Sep 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL FC
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)







28