WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Micky Mac and Gelling Released - OFFICIAL

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com Micky Mac and Gelling Released - OFFICIAL

Posted by Levrier on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:07 am
Levrier Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,914

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:28 am
Posts: 722
One issue still stands out in the Gelling saga, and that is choice of club. This is a marriage of convenience between player and club but the fit does not seem a good one. Firstly we are led to believe that NZ Warriors do not really need him so he will be a bit part player, which would be a shame. Secondly, in the recent past, NZW were not known for a strongly disciplined approach that would keep a free spirit like Gelling on the straight and narrow. I hope that It works out for the lad but cannot help thinking that his heart is ruling his head.
Posted by Jukesays on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:34 pm
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 76,914

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 5474
Location: Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Levrier wrote:
One issue still stands out in the Gelling saga, and that is choice of club. This is a marriage of convenience between player and club but the fit does not seem a good one. Firstly we are led to believe that NZ Warriors do not really need him so he will be a bit part player, which would be a shame. Secondly, in the recent past, NZW were not known for a strongly disciplined approach that would keep a free spirit like Gelling on the straight and narrow. I hope that It works out for the lad but cannot help thinking that his heart is ruling his head.


Without wishing to sound funny I guess his choice of club has nothing to do with it.
It wasn't a choice, it was pretty much his only professional rugby league option.

Good luck to him
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
Posted by Jukesays on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:37 pm
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 76,914

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 5474
Location: Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
DaveO wrote:
Well that is a new way to get out of a contract. Seek compassionate leave, get a release on that basis and then you are free to sign for another club and your new club gets you for free.


DaveO wrote:
Grimmy wrote:
I know yeah, all he had to do was get his girlfriend involved in a bad car crash :CRAZY: :CRAZY: :CRAZY:


It's pretty clear it was always his intention to try and get a go with NZW despite denials from Gelling himself.


Ridiculous statement.
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
Posted by Levrier on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:53 pm
Levrier Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,914

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:28 am
Posts: 722
Jukesays wrote:
Without wishing to sound funny I guess his choice of club has nothing to do with it.
It wasn't a choice, it was pretty much his only professional rugby league option.

Good luck to him

I agree with you but then fate makes strange bedfellows. It may be Hobson's choice but I still cannot think of another club less suited to getting the best out of him. I would not be surprised to see him ending up at a Queensland Cup side when the family/relationship issues are ironed out.
Posted by MattyB on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:59 pm
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,914

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 18055
Levrier wrote:
One issue still stands out in the Gelling saga, and that is choice of club. This is a marriage of convenience between player and club but the fit does not seem a good one. Firstly we are led to believe that NZ Warriors do not really need him so he will be a bit part player, which would be a shame. Secondly, in the recent past, NZW were not known for a strongly disciplined approach that would keep a free spirit like Gelling on the straight and narrow. I hope that It works out for the lad but cannot help thinking that his heart is ruling his head.



Playing for NZ Warriors allows him to stay in the game and close to his family (GF) for a season whilst she continues recovery.

The nearest other NRL club from Auckland is a similar distance as from Wigan to Rome meaning time away from his family which obviously is something he’s not interested in at the moment.
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013 & 2016

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2017

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012



Posted by adiddy on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:32 pm
adiddy Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,914

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:17 am
Posts: 41
Jukesays wrote:
Ridiculous statement.



Not at all, Gelling was rumoured to have signed for NZW well before christmas by a very reliable poster on another Wigan Forum, and that was before he had even left Wigan and was in the process of gaining British citizenship at the time. Since then his girlfriend has been in a car crash for which I can fully understand him wanting to go back and was entirely coincidental. But since his signing was rumoured by said poster, Gelling got his citizenship, left Wigan , denied he had signed with anyone and Wigan have also denied he was going to anyone else. Then despite having no room........boom!!! NZW suddenly have room and sign Gells!!!



Matt
Posted by The Whiffy Kipper on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:13 pm
The Whiffy Kipper User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,914

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:40 am
Posts: 317
adiddy wrote:
Not at all, Gelling was rumoured to have signed for NZW well before christmas by a very reliable poster on another Wigan Forum, and that was before he had even left Wigan and was in the process of gaining British citizenship at the time. Since then his girlfriend has been in a car crash for which I can fully understand him wanting to go back and was entirely coincidental. But since his signing was rumoured by said poster, Gelling got his citizenship, left Wigan , denied he had signed with anyone and Wigan have also denied he was going to anyone else. Then despite having no room........boom!!! NZW suddenly have room and sign Gells!!!



Matt
The same poster that told me
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Barrett was robbed, Bigredwarrior, Bing [Bot], DannyT, endoman, exiled Warrior, hatty, jonh, Jukesays, JWarriors, MadDogg, muttywhitedog, NickyKiss, normycat, Paul Youane, Suzy Banyon, TaxingChimp, Tricky Dicky, Wigg'n, William Melvin Hicks, YorkshireWarrior, Ziggy Stardust and 181 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,749,5271,71876,9144,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time  
WSL
FEATHERSTONE W
20-31
WIGAN W
 Full Time  
WSL
LEEDS W
30-10
BRADFORD W
 Full Time  
 CH ONE
NEWCASTLE
46-12
COVENTRY BEARS
 Full Time  
 CH ONE
WORKINGTON TOWN
60-12
HEMEL STAGS
 Full Time  
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LONDON BRONCOS
58-22
SWINTON LIONS
 Full Time  
SUPER LEAGUE
WAKEFIELD
44-22
WIDNES VIKINGS
 Full Time  
 CH ONE
HUNSLET
16-12
OLDHAM
 Full Time  
 CH ONE
KEIGHLEY
14-46
YORK
 Full Time  
 CH ONE
BRADFORD BULLS
56-14
DONCASTER
 Full Time  
 CHAMPIONSHIP
DEWSBURY RAMS
12-58
LEIGH
 Full Time  
 CHAMPIONSHIP
HALIFAX
50-12
BATLEY BULLDOGS
 Full Time  
 CHAMPIONSHIP
ROCHDALE
14-70
TOULOUSE
Thu 28th Jun 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 6th Jul 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Thu 12th Jul 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 19th Jul 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
ST. HELENS
Fri 27th Jul 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






28