WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Injury Update?
Injury Update?
Post Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:10 pm
Posted by Grimmy on Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:10 pm
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Escare, Manfredi, Flower and Shorrocks all missed massive parts of last season and never returned. Are we expecting them all back available for our first friendly as far as we know?
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Re: Injury Update?
Post Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:06 pm
Posted by Pieman on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:06 pm
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

dont think Manfredi will heard hes had another op
Post Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:53 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:53 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

All back for pre season bar Manfredi according to an update I saw from Phil Wilkinson. Manfredi could be out for a number of months again according to rumour.

I read Liam Farrell saying he's got a hip problem that they're trying to get right with rehab rather than an operation. We seem to do that a lot only for the player to then go under the knife close to the start of the season.
Post Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:56 pm
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:56 pm
Bigredwarrior Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Ben Flower will run for the 1st time on 6th Nov when they resume for pre season training. He's busting at the seems to get going again. Worked hard with the physio and done lots of cycling but has had the all clear to run. He looks to have spent a lot of time in the gym too, he looks very big and very well.
Post Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:05 pm
Posted by Grimmy on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:05 pm
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Bigredwarrior wrote:
Ben Flower will run for the 1st time on 6th Nov when they resume for pre season training. He's busting at the seems to get going again. Worked hard with the physio and done lots of cycling but has had the all clear to run. He looks to have spent a lot of time in the gym too, he looks very big and very well.

Good! He is very underrated IMO.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Post Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:05 pm
Posted by Cherry_&_White on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:05 pm
Cherry_&_White User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Bigredwarrior wrote:

Really hope he gets back to his best. Missed him immensely last year.
Post Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:09 pm
Posted by jinkin jimmy on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:09 pm
jinkin jimmy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Escaré was on our flight to France last month. Was visiting family before returning for pre season so I assume all is well.
Post Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:25 pm
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:25 pm
Bigredwarrior Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I'm hoping Shorrocks can have a decent pre season and better luck with injuries. It'd be good to see what he has to offer if he gets an injury free run and a fair opportunity to prove himself.
Post Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:58 am
Posted by Grimmy on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:58 am
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Bigredwarrior wrote:
I'm hoping Shorrocks can have a decent pre season and better luck with injuries. It'd be good to see what he has to offer if he gets an injury free run and a fair opportunity to prove himself.

Definitely. Williams and Leuluai will both presumably be omitted from the first friendly, having been involved in the World Cup, so I'm hoping we get a good look at S.Tomkins and Shorrocks in the halves.
Frank Zappa wrote: