WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Tierney and Gregson leave the club - OFFICIAL

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - cherryandwhite.co.uk Tierney and Gregson leave the club - OFFICIAL

Posted by maurice on Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:22 pm
maurice User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Hansen is a Leyther, raised and schooled in the town after his dad came over 90 ish. Kibula was schooled in Leigh and played for Leigh clubs. As stated the best kids will rightfully go to the best opportunities, at present and for a long time that has been your academies
Posted by catalanglais on Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:54 pm
catalanglais Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Dare I say it-yes.I think that Tierney improved a lot during his spell at Perpignan. In particular he learned how to catch the high ball under pressure-something Escare will never achieve.I really think he could be another Clint Greenshields for us.So thanks a lot we owe you one.
Posted by NickyKiss on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:50 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Escare was fine under the high ball for us, certainly far better then Tierney was at fullback. After watching them both play for Wigan over the past year or two, there isn't a comparison in the quality of the two players imo but if Catalans are happier with Tierney then that's fine. I get the feeling your last coach killed Escares confidence because we were all pretty shocked by his quality when he came over. He's been brilliant for us.

Everyone's a winner.
Posted by hatty on Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:37 pm
hatty User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

catalanglais wrote:
Dare I say it-yes.I think that Tierney improved a lot during his spell at Perpignan. In particular he learned how to catch the high ball under pressure-something Escare will never achieve.I really think he could be another Clint Greenshields for us.So thanks a lot we owe you one.

No problem, thanks for Escare. I think it might be us who owe you :BOW:
1998,2010,2013 & 2016.....I was there
Posted by Cherry_&_White on Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:30 pm
Cherry_&_White User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

catalanglais wrote:

Think you've really stolen a march on a few cubs by getting Tierney. When you think about some of the dross that has played on the wing for the likes Wire (and others) recently, you realise it's not a position that SL has a wealth of talent in.

Very unlucky at Wigan (even if it's the right decision to let him go). Fully expect him to do well.
Previous