WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wane is out of contract
Re: Wane is out of contract
Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:35 pm
Posted by moto748 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:35 pm
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:41 pm
Posts: 2873
Leeds beating Cas on the back of their 'big-game experience' isn't exactly a left-field minority view; it's what almost every one I talk to seems to be saying.

It's like people will be glad if Cas lose. Schadenfreude, eh?

Personally, "anyone but Leeds" is always my motto, and I hope Cas stuff them. I expect it to be close, though.
Re: Wane is out of contract
Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:44 pm
Posted by JWarriors on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:44 pm
JWarriors Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:16 pm
Posts: 619
moto748 wrote:
Leeds beating Cas on the back of their 'big-game experience' isn't exactly a left-field minority view; it's what almost every one I talk to seems to be saying.

It's like people will be glad if Cas lose. Schadenfreude, eh?

Personally, "anyone but Leeds" is always my motto, and I hope Cas stuff them. I expect it to be close, though.


I personally want Leeds to win, don't ask me why, because I don't really know myself. Just the way I feel. I always like picking a side, it's boring for me to be a total neutral.
Re: Wane is out of contract
Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:47 pm
Posted by moto748 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:47 pm
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:41 pm
Posts: 2873
Oh sure, it's natural. It's the same watching NRL games, or even Match Of The Day.
Re: Wane is out of contract
Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:51 pm
Posted by Aboveusonlypie on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:51 pm
Aboveusonlypie User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:33 pm
Posts: 1979
moto748 wrote:
Leeds beating Cas on the back of their 'big-game experience' isn't exactly a left-field minority view; it's what almost every one I talk to seems to be saying.

It's like people will be glad if Cas lose. Schadenfreude, eh?

Personally, "anyone but Leeds" is always my motto, and I hope Cas stuff them. I expect it to be close, though.

My antipathy to Cas is based on how Wigan fans have been treated at 'The Jungle' over the last few years. It is the worst ground to visit. The fans are the most aggressive in the league IMO. I've seen trouble at Wire and a few others but Cas is easily the worst for hostility. Don't have a problem with their players, even Hardaker who has been fantastic this year, it's the fans. The only ground in Super League where AlfieThomas got homophobic abuse, which says it all for me.

Never had a moments bother at Leeds. So I want Cas to get absolutely stuffed. Mind you, if Leeds do win, it'll be close.
"Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try
No hell below us, above us only pie"(John Ono Lennon born Wigan 1940)
Re: Wane is out of contract
Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:15 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:15 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 21943
Location: WIGAN
I'm sensing a Leeds win as well. They just know how to get the job done at Old Trafford.

It'll go one of two ways for me-

If it's close Leeds will win

If Cas win it'll be by a good margin and on the back of a quick start.
Re: Wane is out of contract
Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:39 pm
Posted by moto748 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:39 pm
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:41 pm
Posts: 2873
Aboveusonlypie wrote:
My antipathy to Cas is based on how Wigan fans have been treated at 'The Jungle' over the last few years. It is the worst ground to visit. The fans are the most aggressive in the league IMO. I've seen trouble at Wire and a few others but Cas is easily the worst for hostility. Don't have a problem with their players, even Hardaker who has been fantastic this year, it's the fans. The only ground in Super League where AlfieThomas got homophobic abuse, which says it all for me.

Never had a moments bother at Leeds. So I want Cas to get absolutely stuffed. Mind you, if Leeds do win, it'll be close.


Hostility yes, I wouldn't disagree, although I've never felt unsafe or anything like that. But if I remember right, wasn't there an incident last season (?) with a female Wigan fan getting injured there?

Personally that wouldn't make me want to back Leeds, though. :)
Re: Wane is out of contract
Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:59 pm
Posted by The Whiffy Kipper on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:59 pm
The Whiffy Kipper User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:40 am
Posts: 314
Willie Peters new attack coach
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
Re: Wane is out of contract
Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:33 pm
Posted by RichieS on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:33 pm
RichieS User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:33 am
Posts: 258
The Whiffy Kipper wrote:
Willie Peters new attack coach


That is a good shout, highly unlikely but the kind of appointment we need
MusclePharm Brand Manager
Re: Wane is out of contract
Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:44 am
Posted by Aboveusonlypie on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:44 am
Aboveusonlypie User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:33 pm
Posts: 1979
moto748 wrote:
Hostility yes, I wouldn't disagree, although I've never felt unsafe or anything like that. But if I remember right, wasn't there an incident last season (?) with a female Wigan fan getting injured there?

Personally that wouldn't make me want to back Leeds, though. :)

There was an incident, as you say, a female fan I think had her nose broken. Just horrible people. I enjoyed the game Saturday, especially as I had the courage of my convictions and had a hefty wager at 6/4 as soon as I saw Zak was out. :DANCE:
"Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try
No hell below us, above us only pie"(John Ono Lennon born Wigan 1940)
Re: Wane is out of contract
Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:51 am
Posted by Cruncher on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:51 am
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 16
Rep Position: 19th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 13818
Aboveusonlypie wrote:
There was an incident, as you say, a female fan I think had her nose broken. Just horrible people.


They've always reminded me of Leigh. Small club in a small ground with a real small town mentality ... sometimes punching impressively above their weight, but even then letting themselves down with a juvenile chip-on-the-shoulder attitude that is beyond pathetic. The only two grounds I've ever been to where stones were thrown at the visiting coaches on the way home.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chieftain McBeefton, Davc1h, exiled Warrior, Fujiman, Grimmy, Jukesays, Last Son of Wigan, Majestic-12 [Bot], NickyKiss, Phuzzy, RichieS, Rogues Gallery, sergeant pepper, Trainman and 187 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,747,8841,72876,9074,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TOMORROW 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 28th Jun 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 6th Jul 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Thu 12th Jul 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 19th Jul 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
ST. HELENS
Fri 27th Jul 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






28