WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Charnley
Re: Charnley
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:34 pm
Posted by MOUSE13 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:34 pm
MOUSE13 User avatar
Strong-running second rower

Cherry_Warrior wrote:
Josh was renting a house in Adlington which he rented from Wigan RL. Aside from the much more lucrative contact from Sale he also got a brand new BMW 4 wheel drive car bought for him and i am sure a house too. Those 2 sweeteners would be enough for me on their own. No mortgage and brand new wheels. Security. Don't blame the lad for going but no room here any more. He will end up at Salford no doubt where his career will ebb away and finish at Oldham/Swinton etc.

Well seeing as he is still in the same house and he bought the BMW 4x4 your wrong on both counts im afraid.
Chorley Panthers ARLFC
Post Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:38 am
Posted by Cherry_Warrior on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:38 am
Cherry_Warrior Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Like i said i didnt know whether he has been given a house or not but when he announced he was going to Sale the house went on the market. The 4x4 i was told was the sweetener from someone fairly close so unless you are Josh or one of his mates (which i suspect you are) then i will take your word for it. And if you ARE Josh then take some advice. Agree a severance deal with Sale and get your booty out of there if you want to be a rugby player.
Post Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:10 pm
Posted by Lebron James on Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:10 pm
Lebron James Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

This just shows the gap in skill sets between rugby and rugby league

Regards

King James
Post Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:40 am
Posted by CobraCraig on Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:40 am
CobraCraig Strong-running second rower

Josh started his first game of the season and scored a try last night. I personally hope he is a success over in union,if he does come back to league we won't hold any intrest as we are already over loaded at winger and I would hate to see him scoring tries for someone else.
Post Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:28 am
Posted by Cruncher on Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:28 am
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

CobraCraig wrote:
Josh started his first game of the season and scored a try last night. I personally hope he is a success over in union,if he does come back to league we won't hold any intrest as we are already over loaded at winger and I would hate to see him scoring tries for someone else.

Personally, I'd rather see good players in League than in Union.

But playing in the other code seems to have such a nullifying effect on their basic rugby skill-sets, not to mention their fitness, aggression etc, that I can't help but think RL would only see a shadow of what he once was if he returned. For that reason, if no other, I wouldn't want Wigan to go anywhere near him.

Maybe it would be better for all concerned, if he stayed over there, where his decline won't be noticed and he can keep on cashing fat pay-cheques.
Post Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:36 pm
Posted by hatty on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:36 pm
hatty User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Cruncher wrote:

But playing in the other code seems to have such a nullifying effect on their basic rugby skill-sets, not to mention their fitness, aggression etc, that I can't help but think RL would only see a shadow of what he once was if he returned. For that reason, if no other, I wouldn't want Wigan to go anywhere near him.

Maybe it would be better for all concerned, if he stayed over there, where his decline won't be noticed and he can keep on cashing fat pay-cheques.

I agree, he made his bed, now he has to lie in it, albeit a bed stuffed with £50 notes
1998,2010,2013 & 2016.....I was there
Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:38 pm
Posted by DaveO on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:38 pm
DaveO User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Cruncher wrote:

We should just stop re-signing players who leave the club wherever they go, RU or the NRL. None of the players we have re-signed who went to the NRL have been much good when they have returned either though there is still time for Budgie and Sam T to buck the trend. It's not even as if this is a new phenomena, back when Denis Betts came back from down under to play for us he wasn't as good as when he left.
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20
Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18
Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Posted by Cruncher on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

DaveO wrote:
We should just stop re-signing players who leave the club wherever they go, RU or the NRL. None of the players we have re-signed who went to the NRL have been much good when they have returned either though there is still time for Budgie and Sam T to buck the trend. It's not even as if this is a new phenomena, back when Denis Betts came back from down under to play for us he wasn't as good as when he left.

I'm starting to agree. As I've mentioned in another thread, I think this 'coming home clause' is nothing more than a safety net for players who are not as committed to the Wigan cause as we'd like them to be.

I think it seemed like a good idea at the time - gave us a kind of insurance policy against losing too many of our young stars, but it must also make it an easier decision for players who are thinking about leaving, because it means they can simply come back if it all goes wrong. But what does that really say about the players' attitude to Wigan? Not much, in truth - which may explain why none of them, thus far, have done anything of note on their return
Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:40 pm
Posted by Wigan Peer on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:40 pm
Wigan Peer User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

DaveO wrote:

Agreed... It seemed and seems like a good idea, but......
Officially RLFAN's most Doe-eyed Happy Clapper.

Big Steve wrote:
The Internet has provided some wonderful creativity, opportunities and knowledge sharing but it has also given a worldwide forum for people you would leave a full pint behind in the pub to avoid having to listen to them.

aboveusonlypie...
If you don't bother to go to the game when you live in the locality then you are not really a fan and therefore your views are invalid. It's simple.
Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:44 pm
Posted by RichieS on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:44 pm
RichieS User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

I said a while back that I would rather have/signed Greg Eden than Joe Burgess...I was told my opinion was laughable...at least one of these went to the NRL and came back a better player!
PreviousNext