WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Well played RFL
Re: Well played RFL
Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:10 pm
fc23 Stevo's Armpit

hatty wrote:
You've done 49 posts in 5yrs, ironically the posts seem to occur on or around the time hull have had a little bit of success, coincidence or what? Also how ironic that you joined on 1st April .... very apt.

chill out hatty its a game of rugby and by the way I,ve been watching hull fc since 70,s, so I,ve seen plenty of downs and yes I,m going to enjoy our bit of success and long may it continue and do you know what it will because in adam pearson we have a chairman who has invested in all the right areas to put this club back were it should be challenging for trophies
Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:37 pm
hatty User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Mild mannered Janitor wrote:
Dust has settled. Looks like RFL have compromised on the Watts incident, was was given Sending off Sufficient. Not sure if this is an admission of being wrong (could you really be red carded for an elbow to the face and not get a ban?) without implicating the officials.

Bravado aside. Hull v Wigan games this season have certainly been "interest "

Hope we meet at OT on 7 Oct

Probably the right decision with sending off sufficient, I don't think there was any malice in it, although it will be tasty when mcilorum & Watts next meet.... old Trafford anyone :)
1998,2010,2013 & 2016.....I was there
Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:35 pm
big grimmo Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Take it easy fc23 you should know by now that all Wigan fans began supporting at 1930 and stopped at 2020 when they are losing to do the Wigan walk lol
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:07 am
Phuzzy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Walked down to Old Trafford last year with a group of Hull fans who were supporting Wigan for the day (good choice, obviously!). Good bunch even if they did say 'bagpack' instead of 'backpack'. Haha. I've always liked the club and fans tbh and I totally agree with the comments re: Radford too. I suppose you get whingers and bellends at every club. Ours is no exception.

On a related note when did the Sintelliners become so soft? I know their team is a bit mardy these days but it seems to have spilled over onto their fans too. I went over to redvee the other day and I've never seen so much whining about big bad Wigan and how they don't play fair. Jesus! I thought I was reading a football forum!
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:24 am
Hasbag User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

As good as Cas have Been, I think the best final this year would be Hull V Wigan.
Wigan would be hell bent on getting pay back for the Challenge Cup and Hull would want revenge for last weekend. There would be a bit of bad blood between both sides and as long as it was all kept under control it would be one great game to watch with some punishing hits.
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:10 am
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

big grimmo wrote:
Take it easy fc23 you should know by now that all Wigan fans began supporting at 1930 and stopped at 2020 when they are losing to do the Wigan walk lol

Another newcomer since his team started winning.
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:09 am
TheElectricGlidingWarrior User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Phuzzy wrote:
Walked down to Old Trafford last year with a group of Hull fans who were supporting Wigan for the day (good choice, obviously!). Good bunch even if they did say 'bagpack' instead of 'backpack'. Haha. I've always liked the club and fans tbh and I totally agree with the comments re: Radford too. I suppose you get whingers and bellends at every club. Ours is no exception.

Agreed. I've always liked Hull and their fans. Lately though they are displaying a level of pomposity unbecoming of two cup wins. The number of comments I've seen belittling Cas's season or our WCC win is cringe worthy.
Harrigan wrote:
Wigan are the most structured team I have ever seen in this country.

NickyKiss wrote:
As a fan Wane makes you want to run through a brick wall so you can only imagine how he makes the players feel!

@TheEGW
YouTube Channel
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:50 am
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Phuzzy wrote:

On a related note when did the Sintelliners become so soft? I know their team is a bit mardy these days but it seems to have spilled over onto their fans too. I went over to redvee the other day and I've never seen so much whining about big bad Wigan and how they don't play fair. Jesus! I thought I was reading a football forum!

Well, they've long defined themselves by how much they hate Wigan. Even when they had the Long / Sculthorpe team and we were total pants, they celebrated our defeats equally to their own wins. The difference now is, because their success has dried up, they tend to do it all on their own site ... rather than come over here to bore us with it.

As an additional thought on the Hull idiots who've started appearing on here, it may just be that it's down to success always attracting ragtag and bobtail. I agree with an earlier poster that a couple of Cup wins is not a big thing these days, with Grand Finals and WCCs also to play for. But FC have had no period of genuine success since long before social media. Perhaps it's inevitable that we're suddenly seeing some gobby fools in their colours. It's probably not exclusively a Hull thing, either. Could easily be the case that we'd see the same from other clubs who'd previously been started of success in the internet era.
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:32 am
big grimmo Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Sorry Cruncher but you've got it wrong again as I'm not a Hull supporter, I'm a fan of a lower league team but I do like the way Hull play the game
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:57 am
JWarriors Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

big grimmo wrote:
Sorry Cruncher but you've got it wrong again as I'm not a Hull supporter, I'm a fan of a lower league team but I do like the way Hull play the game

I don't want to sound too bitter about this. But to me, their entire game plan revolves around having massive forwards. A half back that can stick up a massive high bomb to their huge wingers. That's pretty much it.
PreviousNext