Post Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:03 pm
Posted by headhunter on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:03 pm
headhunter User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 27th / 76,914

Quiz Score: 0

Anyone know the status of Romain Navarrete? Still under contract with Wigan and I haven't seen anything about him leaving the club.
King Street Cat wrote:
Some might look at this as being harsh but I think it's fair. When are the Rugby League going to stop persisting with this fantasy expansion. If it hasn't worked by now, it never will! I'm all for reaching out to a wider audience with our game but not at the expense of historical clubs in the homelands.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:07 pm
Posted by Wigg'n on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:07 pm
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 22nd / 76,914

Quiz Score: 80

headhunter wrote:
Anyone know the status of Romain Navarrete? Still under contract with Wigan and I haven't seen anything about him leaving the club.

Bemusingly we still haven’t released our squad numbers which possibly suggests there are still changes to come.

Don’t contracts end on Dec 1st?
Post Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:59 pm
Posted by headhunter on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:59 pm
headhunter User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 27th / 76,914

Wigg'n wrote:
Bemusingly we still haven’t released our squad numbers which possibly suggests there are still changes to come.

Don’t contracts end on Dec 1st?
I believe so but Navarrete was on a two year deal and I haven't heard about any other potential destinations for him.
King Street Cat wrote:
Some might look at this as being harsh but I think it's fair. When are the Rugby League going to stop persisting with this fantasy expansion. If it hasn't worked by now, it never will! I'm all for reaching out to a wider audience with our game but not at the expense of historical clubs in the homelands.
Post Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:00 am
Posted by Cherry_Warrior on Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:00 am
Cherry_Warrior Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,914

RichieS wrote:
Not sure where the Bretherton rumour actually came from, hes never come close to leaving. Being honest, I am entirely unsure on any Sutton news, all I know is that Micky Mc, Gelling and SO'L were approached by Canberra/NZW & GC Titans respectively and as far as I am aware, all are staying put.

From what i can make out. Gelling was feeling a bit isolated in the squad as all his mates have been sold and got homesick. We let him go over there to see if he could fix himself up with a club but he couldn't so he decided to stay. Now i hear he is unhappy again after his girlfriend was injured and he wasn't there. That's what iv'e got on Gells.

Sutton is 2 stone of body fat too heavy to be a good prop in any league. I wish someone would work his macro's out for him and send him to the gym. I will never rate him for as long as i see that gut bulging out of the bottom of his jersey. He should be a Rugby Union centre not a league prop. Feels like a strange thing to say but i wish we had Wakefield's props. Can't believe they have signed Pauli Pauli, 6ft 6inches of beast and we are stuck with Nuassaala.
Post Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:17 am
Posted by NickyKiss on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:17 am
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 76,914

Cherry_Warrior wrote:
From what i can make out. Gelling was feeling a bit isolated in the squad as all his mates have been sold and got homesick. We let him go over there to see if he could fix himself up with a club but he couldn't so he decided to stay. Now i hear he is unhappy again after his girlfriend was injured and he wasn't there. That's what iv'e got on Gells.

Sutton is 2 stone of body fat too heavy to be a good prop in any league. I wish someone would work his macro's out for him and send him to the gym. I will never rate him for as long as i see that gut bulging out of the bottom of his jersey. He should be a Rugby Union centre not a league prop. Feels like a strange thing to say but i wish we had Wakefield's props. Can't believe they have signed Pauli Pauli, 6ft 6inches of beast and we are stuck with Nuassaala.

It’s funny you say that with Sutton, I saw him out on Wigan Lane a couple of weeks back and in photos online from pre season and he looks to have shed a good bit of weight. It’s be really frustrating if he’s done that to then go to the NRL but hopefully not. I’m a big fan of Sutton tbh and thought he had an excellent first two thirds of last season but he tailed away badly towards the back end.

Something doesn’t feel right with Gelling. I know he was good mates with Tierney but surely he’s not that attached to one lad that he feels it’s necessary to leave. It needs sorting out asap either way because we’re short at centre with him so without him we’re just not covered.
Post Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:50 pm
Posted by Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:50 pm
Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,914

League Express saying we are in talks to bring back Sarginson (Hull KR also interested).

Jesus wept.

If we sign one more ex-player, Wane and Radlinski need to resign.
Post Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:41 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:41 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 76,914

I’ve pretty much had enough of signing ex players but I posted a few months back that I’d make an exception for Sarginson.

We’ve signed players we didn’t need, in positions we didn’t need simply because they were ex Wigan players (Mossop, Joel Tomkins, Tommy Leuluai) but the squad could really do with a top class utility back to cover us in a few positions.

In a salary cap sport you’ll not get too many better then Sarginson IMO.
Post Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:57 am
Posted by JWarriors on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:57 am
JWarriors Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 76,914

NickyKiss wrote:
I’ve pretty much had enough of signing ex players but I posted a few months back that I’d make an exception for Sarginson.

We’ve signed players we didn’t need, in positions we didn’t need simply because they were ex Wigan players (Mossop, Joel Tomkins, Tommy Leuluai) but the squad could really do with a top class utility back to cover us in a few positions.

I'm also someone who is bored and sick of signing ex players. But I couldn't understand the hate Sarginson was getting on twitter. To me, he was always a hard worker. When we moved to full-back in 2016 he was decent under the high ball. And without him, we wouldn't have won the Grand Final.

Just to clarify, I don't want us to sign him, particularly as he missed most of the season through injury (we have enough of that already). I just felt some of the criticism of him was way over the top.
Post Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:56 am
Posted by Itchy Arsenal on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:56 am
Itchy Arsenal User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 76,914

NickyKiss wrote:
It’s funny you say that with Sutton, I saw him out on Wigan Lane a couple of weeks back and in photos online from pre season and he looks to have shed a good bit of weight. It’s be really frustrating if he’s done that to then go to the NRL but hopefully not. I’m a big fan of Sutton tbh and thought he had an excellent first two thirds of last season but he tailed away badly towards the back end.

Something doesn’t feel right with Gelling. I know he was good mates with Tierney but surely he’s not that attached to one lad that he feels it’s necessary to leave. It needs sorting out asap either way because we’re short at centre with him so without him we’re just not covered.

I am a fan of Sutton too.
He is only a young guy and I think he has the basics and could develop into a very decent prop.
It wouldn't be the ideal way to start the season with Gelling if his heart isn't in the club any longer.
Post Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:05 am
Posted by Aboveusonlypie on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:05 am
Aboveusonlypie User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 76,914

NickyKiss wrote:

Agree with this. With him in the squad we have cover from 1-5. IMO he's a better full back than Escare in any case.
"Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try
No hell below us, above us only pie"(John Ono Lennon born Wigan 1940)
PreviousNext