WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:26 am
Posted by wiganermike on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:26 am
wiganermike Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

CobraCraig wrote:
Not sure I could stand him playing for us, the guy is a grade A pr**k!!! Good player though and can cover numerous positions but I’m not sure I could stomach him, I rarely watch a Hull game and he isn’t involved in something....and the majority of the time he’s the creator of it all.

Connor is the sort of player whom if he plays for your club then you think his antics are great as they wind up opponents and he is very capable in a few positions, but if he plays for someone else then you hope the prop he spends the game annoying knocks him into next week.

Not that I would see him as a realistic target as I doubt Hull will be keen to lose him even if we were willing to pay to get him.
Post Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:36 am
Posted by nikos on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:36 am
nikos User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,256

Quiz Score: 0

wiganermike wrote:
Connor is the sort of player whom if he plays for your club then you think his antics are great as they wind up opponents and he is very capable in a few positions, but if he plays for someone else then you hope the prop he spends the game annoying knocks him into next week.

Not that I would see him as a realistic target as I doubt Hull will be keen to lose him even if we were willing to pay to get him.

signed a long term contract part way through the current season - would be nice, but very unlikely....
Wellens 3/10 Like public transport. Late, slow and stunk

FIOS
Post Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:52 am
Posted by Itchy Arsenal on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:52 am
Itchy Arsenal User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 77,256

Father Ted wrote:
After not signing Hastings maybe Lam will try playing Harry Smith at 7. He'll be 19 start of next season and having him play alongside Williams or Leuluai could really help him.

Only watched him on Wigan TV but Harry Smith certainly looks to have bags of potential and wouldn't surprise me if he overtakes Josh Woods in the pecking order.
Personally I think we still need a decent number 7 with a good kicking game and one who has the confidence and knowhow on how move his team around the park. I haven't got a clue who that could be but hopefully IL & KR will have this covered for the 2019 season.
Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:59 am
Posted by thepimp007 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:59 am
thepimp007 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,256

Quiz Score: 432

JWarriors wrote:
Agreed, I don't think I could enjoy watching us if we had Hardaker AND Connor, as good a player as he is.

I like Ratchford, but he really is a fullback, and as long as we don't sack Hardaker, we don't need another one of those.

Unless there is someone in the NRL like Hastings, then the only viable option I can see at the moment is Drinkwater.

Unless McCrone doesn't fancy staying at Toronto anymore, and even then, he looks like he's on the decline and becoming increasingly petulant.

McCrone definitely looks gone to me and agree he has gone very petulant. I do think the more dangerous half for them is Blake Wallace, plenty of pace and spots a gap but again more of a running half. Seems there is very little out there in terms of traditional organising half backs
Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:48 pm
Posted by moto748 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:48 pm
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,256

Never rated McCrone when he was at Canberra, and he's got much worse since then.
Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:37 am
Posted by NickyKiss on Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:37 am
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 77,256

If there are no viable options in the halves then I hope we spend any spare money on making the pack as strong as it can be. That will give Williams, Leuluai, Woods or whoever the best chance of succeeding.
Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:22 am
Posted by 100% Warrior on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:22 am
100% Warrior Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,256

McCrone is not a player I would want nor welcome at Wigan. He’s a petulant grub with a serious attitude problem barely offering Toronto much in the Championship never mind a top SL side. Genuinely I’d rather stick with Powell and Williams than bring him in
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

AshtonBearsARLFC
Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:22 pm
Posted by lothlorian on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:22 pm
lothlorian User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

One player that seems to be getting overlooked is Shorrocks. As far as I'm aware he on my went out on loan for game time after his injury. Up until that point he was next in the pecking order, certainly seemed a better player than Woods imo and the lad is a decent goal kicker.
Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:40 am
Posted by Stevo's bald dome on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:40 am
Stevo's bald dome Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

lothlorian wrote:
One player that seems to be getting overlooked is Shorrocks. As far as I'm aware he on my went out on loan for game time after his injury. Up until that point he was next in the pecking order, certainly seemed a better player than Woods imo and the lad is a decent goal kicker.

He's almost the forgotten man isn't he. Is he back at the club next season after the loan spell at Salford?
Stevo's bald dome.

Mersey pie
Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:03 am
Posted by Mash Butty on Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:03 am
Mash Butty User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

The issue clubs have when they promote the academic players is that for the course of the season they may do OK or brilliantly but placing full dependence on them in the big (semi) finals is probably asking too much. In hindsight looking at Richardson at Saints suggests they should have rested him in the way Bellamy does with his youngsters at the Storm. It's a long-term learning process and the game management required at the final stages of the season is a whole different ball game than at the start of the season. I always thought Luke Robinson should have been rested more - the pressure really affected his decision making and the people always love a scapegoat.
PreviousNext