WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:19 pm
Posted by MadDogg on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:19 pm
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy wrote:
IF the club is remotely considering signing Hock then people at the club who are accountable for recruitment really need to consider their positions.

Remember this is a player who:

1. Failed a drug test while playing for the club.
2. Was banned for two years while playing for the club.
3. Despite the support offered and new deal given, played the victim and agitated for a move as soon as possible once he returned.
4. Is a penalty machine (and we already have enough of them).
5. Isn't that good a player anymore.

That's before we even consider this obsession of signing old players that has been a disaster for the club in terms of quality of players and the massive restrictions it has placed on us in recent seasons in terms of the cap. Having lived in a WN postcode at some point in your life shouldn't be a consideration for employment with the club.

Couldn't have put it any better than this other than to add that Hock in the past has been known to have had a very negative influence on the camaraderie within the playing squad. And he's been banned previously for pushing a ref, eye gouging and brawling. Jonh you're a good poster and I agree with most of what you say but you're wrong on this one. Re-signing Hock would be a terrible, terrible move.
Post Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:13 pm
Posted by Grimmy on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:13 pm
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 11th / 76,383

Quiz Score: 12

IF the club is remotely considering signing Hock then people at the club who are accountable for recruitment really need to consider their positions.

3. Despite the support offered and new deal given, played the victim and agitated for a move as soon as possible once he returned.

That's before we even consider this obsession of signing old players that has been a disaster for the club in terms of quality of players and the massive restrictions it has placed on us in recent seasons in terms of the cap. Having lived in a WN postcode at some point in your life shouldn't be a consideration for employment with the club.

This!
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Post Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:46 pm
Posted by NSW on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:46 pm
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Why’s the club not brought out squad numbers yet?

More movement ?
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Post Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:02 pm
Posted by Grimmy on Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:02 pm
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 11th / 76,383

Quiz Score: 12

NSW wrote:
Why’s the club not brought out squad numbers yet?

More movement ?

Last season was an exception to the rule where they managed to get them out mid-November, usually it's around now. Not sure why it takes so long mind given that I can't ever remember us making signings this late in the year. Surely it must damage shirt printing sales prior to Christmas.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Post Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:31 pm
Posted by exiled Warrior on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:31 pm
exiled Warrior User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I am glad it is not just me (see my earlier post).

I would much rather give a chance to a younger player than sign someone like Hock for 12 months - would be a silly short term move, can we not do better?
Post Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:02 pm
Posted by RichieS on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:02 pm
RichieS User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

As of 1600 today, there is less than 0% chance of a return to the club for Hock. Gelling will be returning after Christmas. No new signings.
MusclePharm Brand Manager
Post Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:17 pm
Posted by 100% Warrior on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:17 pm
100% Warrior Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Couldn’t agree anymore with that. Fantastic post
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Post Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:54 pm
Posted by Itchy Arsenal on Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:54 pm
Itchy Arsenal User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

RichieS wrote:
As of 1600 today, there is less than 0% chance of a return to the club for Hock. Gelling will be returning after Christmas. No new signings.

I heard today that Sutton is off to Australia. It's an old rumour but the guy who told me has a contact at the club.
I wonder if that's why Bretherton hasn't gone?
Post Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:54 pm
Posted by exiled Warrior on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:54 pm
exiled Warrior User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Not great news if true (also be a bit surprising as his performances last season would not mark him out as NRL potential)
Post Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:49 pm
Posted by RichieS on Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:49 pm
RichieS User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Itchy Arsenal wrote:
I heard today that Sutton is off to Australia. It's an old rumour but the guy who told me has a contact at the club.
I wonder if that's why Bretherton hasn't gone?

Not sure where the Bretherton rumour actually came from, hes never come close to leaving. Being honest, I am entirely unsure on any Sutton news, all I know is that Micky Mc, Gelling and SO'L were approached by Canberra/NZW & GC Titans respectively and as far as I am aware, all are staying put.
MusclePharm Brand Manager
PreviousNext