WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - * * * Rumours & Signings XVI * * *

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com * * * Rumours & Signings XVI * * *

Re: * * * Rumours & Signings XVI * * *
Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:55 pm
Posted by kirkamania6 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:55 pm
kirkamania6 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

grovelane wrote:
http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/default.aspx?s=player-profile-nyc-display&id=364&team=Storm-nyc&gareth-widdop

Do you not think if were to come back over here he would go to Bradford before us anyway?

No chance he'd get a game ahead of Platt and Sykes
Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:14 pm
Posted by Neil_A on Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:14 pm
Neil_A User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

kirkamania6 wrote:

Doesn't say much for Widdop then!!

sainttillidie wrote:
Aren't some Saints fans great?

Christ, the Wiganers make a good point in some cases when they say we're the worst fans in SL.
Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:33 pm
Posted by RICHARD5LEGEND on Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:33 pm
RICHARD5LEGEND User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

kirkamania6 wrote:

He must be shíte then my grandma could get a game ahead of those 2!
Wigan Warriors 2010:

Super League Champions
League Leaders
Under 20's Champions
Club of The Year
Floodlit 9's Winners
Pat Richards: Man Of Steel
Sam Tomkins: Young Player of the Year
Michael Maguire: Coach of the Year

Wire_91 wrote:
its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:34 pm
Posted by Odem on Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:34 pm
Odem User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

kirkamania6 wrote:
Didn't seem anything to special to me there
2 and 10 looked immense

I wasn't suggesting he did anything special, just some vids I found. He is always backing up though and he came into the line well creating tries. No wonder he is so good though behind that defence.

2 and 10 really stood out, class players, 6 also looks brilliant.
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot
Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good
-
sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league
-
Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate
-
the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever
-
Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go
-
Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know
-
FIOS
Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:17 pm
Posted by Steinlager on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:17 pm
Steinlager User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

How we can make any comparison to Phelps or Briscoe is beyond me. Most people have formed opinions based on a couple of you tube videos of him and stats from a reserve competition. What a bunch of moppets we are on this forum sometimes.
Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:27 pm
Posted by MadDogg on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:27 pm
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Steinlager wrote:
How we can make any comparison to Phelps or Briscoe is beyond me. Most people have formed opinions based on a couple of you tube videos of him and stats from a reserve competition. What a bunch of moppets we are on this forum sometimes.

Thank god someone else has noticed.
Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:51 pm
Posted by Odem on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:51 pm
Odem User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Steinlager wrote:

The videos are just to have a look at him, it doesn't mean I suggest we sign him, but i would back Maguire if he did. He is a highly rated player, I am not basing my opinion on a video though.
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot
Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good
-
sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league
-
Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate
-
the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever
-
-
-
FIOS
Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posted by Tricky Dicky on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Tricky Dicky User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Why on earth would we go for Widdop.

We have equally as good at the club already in the reserves. Briscoe suggestion was inkeeping with the wigan theme.

Personally i think we may move pat to full back and give ainscough a starting wing spot with vievers, thornley charnley or marsh providing the depth in 2011.
"We Need to start running hard and smashing people"

"We are going to be fitter than we have ever been"

"The Culture needs to Change"

"We need to be getting to Old Trafford and Wembley and winning games"

"We will be fitter than we have ever been"

"We will do contact like we have never done before"

"WE WILL DO THINGS THE WIGAN WAY"

SHAUN WANE 2009
Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:16 pm
Posted by Odem on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:16 pm
Odem User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Tricky Dicky wrote:
Why on earth would we go for Widdop.

We have equally as good at the club already in the reserves. Briscoe suggestion was inkeeping with the wigan theme.

Personally i think we may move pat to full back and give ainscough a starting wing spot with vievers, thornley charnley or marsh providing the depth in 2011.

God NO! He can take a high ball thats it. His positioning has been put to shame by Phelps, he can't return for poop! Keep Pat in his best position, don't move him just to 'do a job'.
-
-
-
-
-
-
FIOS
Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:50 pm
Posted by Riggs Warrior on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:50 pm
Riggs Warrior User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

he can't return for poop! Keep Pat in his best position, don't move him just to 'do a job'.
[quote="Tricky Dicky"]Why on earth would we go for Widdop.

Hasn't Pat been in top three metre makers in the team since his second season? And i'm sure he was top last year wasn't he? When he mostly played fb?
PreviousNext