WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Noble leaving - this thread only

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com Noble leaving - this thread only

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:05 pm
Posted by Woody_woody on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:05 pm
Woody_woody User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 1995
Cruncher wrote:
Well what do you think?

Everyone in Wigan knew he was going several weeks ago.


He might have known but that isn't what he said. He said he was only formally told last week his contract wouldn't be renewed. If true which I believe it to be I think it a highly disrespectful way to go about things. I think people appreciate it when people are honest and upfront about things.
Piespace private fantasy league champion 2008 & 2011 (2 out of 2)
Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:13 pm
Posted by 100% Warrior on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:13 pm
100% Warrior Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 4400
I heard quite a surprising rumour yesterday.

1. Brian Noble was definately going (confirmed)
2. He's joining Celtic
3. He's taking Stuart Fielden and Feka with him, funded via the RFL Development fund.

I don't really buy into the full rumour (Feka + Fielden) but I am curious to know if anyone else has heard similar?
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:22 pm
Posted by cadoo on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:22 pm
cadoo User avatar
100% League Network Subsite
100% League Network Subsite

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:15 pm
Posts: 13741
If people criticise the way that Ian Lenagan has dealt with the coaching situation as being very unprofessional then is Brian Noble not guilty of the same crime?

He just announced his future live on Sky Sports and not through an official press conference. The club have then been forced to make an official statement on the website without a press conference.

Pety point but no worse than what some are arguing on here.
Rugby Union: When entertainment just isn't your thing.
Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:23 pm
Posted by Grego on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:23 pm
Grego User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:21 pm
Posts: 4171
Location: Pottering about
100% Warrior wrote:
I heard quite a surprising rumour yesterday.

1. Brian Noble was definately going (confirmed)
2. He's joining Celtic
3. He's taking Stuart Fielden and Feka with him, funded via the RFL Development fund.

I don't really buy into the full rumour (Feka + Fielden) but I am curious to know if anyone else has heard similar?


Well i made one up a couple of weeks ago saying the same (apart from the feka bit) which was all pure speculation on my part with no basis on any fact apart from celtic not having a coach yet. Does that count? :D
Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:24 pm
Posted by 100% Warrior on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:24 pm
100% Warrior Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 4400
Grego wrote:
Well i made one up a couple of weeks ago saying the same (apart from the feka bit) which was all pure speculation on my part with no basis on any fact apart from celtic not having a coach yet. Does that count? :D



:lol:

Thats one new addition for my new rumour brigade :wink:
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:32 pm
Posted by wigan_knight on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:32 pm
wigan_knight User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:57 pm
Posts: 7574
Location: Mecca of RL
cadoo wrote:
If people criticise the way that Ian Lenagan has dealt with the coaching situation as being very unprofessional then is Brian Noble not guilty of the same crime?

He just announced his future live on Sky Sports and not through an official press conference. The club have then been forced to make an official statement on the website without a press conference.

Pety point but no worse than what some are arguing on here.



IMO We wouldnt have heard about a news conference before monday..If Noble had not announced to the world only 2 mins after the the whistle that he was off.

But thats just my opinion
Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:37 pm
Posted by BigO on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:37 pm
BigO Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 6:37 pm
Posts: 130
your club has treated brian disgustingly considering he pulled you from the brink of relegation. Mr lenaghan has a lot to answer for in my opinion and is not the messiah just a very naughty boy! SHAME ON YOU WIGAN! i'm glad brian kept his integriy to the end you are welcome at the challenge cup winners 2009 home anytime
Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:39 pm
Posted by wigan_knight on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:39 pm
wigan_knight User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:57 pm
Posts: 7574
Location: Mecca of RL
BigO wrote:
your club has treated brian disgustingly considering he pulled you from the brink of relegation. Mr lenaghan has a lot to answer for in my opinion and is not the messiah just a very naughty boy! SHAME ON YOU WIGAN! i'm glad brian kept his integriy to the end you are welcome at the challenge cup winners 2009 home anytime




Mate nobody cared the first time you posted it..what makes you believe the second time will be any different
Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:42 pm
Posted by cadoo on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:42 pm
cadoo User avatar
100% League Network Subsite
100% League Network Subsite

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:15 pm
Posts: 13741
BigO wrote:
Mr lenaghan has a lot to answer for in my opinion and is not the messiah just a very naughty boy!


Does he need to be punished? :wink:
Rugby Union: When entertainment just isn't your thing.
Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:47 pm
Posted by BigO on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:47 pm
BigO Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 6:37 pm
Posts: 130
cadoo wrote:
Does he need to be punished? :wink:



stoning?
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cherry_Warrior, Google [Bot], jonh, leg_end, S_Riley, Wigg'n and 88 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com





POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,669,19192376,3834,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 2nd Feb 19:30
SUPER LEAGUE
SALFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sat 10th Feb 08:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL FC
Sat 17th Feb
WCC
SOUTHS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 23rd Feb 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WARRINGTON
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 2nd Mar 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sun 11th Mar 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 18th Mar 15:30
SUPER LEAGUE
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 23rd Mar 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 30th Mar 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
ST. HELENS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Mon 2nd Apr 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM