WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - * * * Rumours & Signings XIV * * *

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com * * * Rumours & Signings XIV * * *

rl
Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:07 pm
Posted by Father Ted on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:07 pm
Father Ted Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 7331
We are better off in some areas than others.
At the start of the season I'm not sure Noble knew what his best line up was. Mathers played one game and was banned, then we had three other fb's in the next 9 games. We had different wingmen and different centres.
Now anyone can name our line from 1-7 each week. IMO those same players will wear the 1-7 numbers on their shirts next year.
Like it or not, Noble has sorted out our backs and halves.
He has also decided to start with Prescott & Coley with Fielden & Feka off the bench. The back row is still fluid through injuries and the younger players coming in, Mossop & Flanagan, have slotted in very well. Their loan spells have done them a world of good!
When Noble arrived the squad and first team was a train wreck. We were heading for NL1 and playing like an NL1 team. It will take years to turn that around to get us to the stage where we can again get to and compete in finals.
When IL bought the club it was a financial train wreck and it will take him and MH years to put the club on a proper financial footing. IL has asked us to be patient with him in turning the club's finances around.
So why isn't he giving Noble the same degree of patience that he asks from us?
It could well take IL longer to put the club into profit than it will Noble to get us to a final.
Once we have the metre making prop or two that we need we will be back with the best. IL needs to make that or those signings and he's testing everyone's patience, probably including Noble's, in taking so long in doing it.
Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:23 pm
Posted by Rogues Gallery on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:23 pm
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 13th / 76,383

Quiz Score: 32

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 pm
Posts: 30309
Shareholders meeting next Friday

Maybe some answers to Teds financial questions, and potential signings along with Nobles future.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Re: rl
Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:17 pm
Posted by Andy Greg on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:17 pm
Andy Greg User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:12 pm
Posts: 2687
Location: Westhoughton
Father Ted wrote:
We are better off in some areas than others.
At the start of the season I'm not sure Noble knew what his best line up was. Mathers played one game and was banned, then we had three other fb's in the next 9 games. We had different wingmen and different centres.
Now anyone can name our line from 1-7 each week. IMO those same players will wear the 1-7 numbers on their shirts next year.
Like it or not, Noble has sorted out our backs and halves.
He has also decided to start with Prescott & Coley with Fielden & Feka off the bench. The back row is still fluid through injuries and the younger players coming in, Mossop & Flanagan, have slotted in very well. Their loan spells have done them a world of good!
When Noble arrived the squad and first team was a train wreck. We were heading for NL1 and playing like an NL1 team. It will take years to turn that around to get us to the stage where we can again get to and compete in finals.
When IL bought the club it was a financial train wreck and it will take him and MH years to put the club on a proper financial footing. IL has asked us to be patient with him in turning the club's finances around.
So why isn't he giving Noble the same degree of patience that he asks from us?
It could well take IL longer to put the club into profit than it will Noble to get us to a final.
Once we have the metre making prop or two that we need we will be back with the best. IL needs to make that or those signings and he's testing everyone's patience, probably including Noble's, in taking so long in doing it.


Well Said Ted at last one of the minority that can see just how far we have come :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
Best Wigan No7 ever
[b]Terry Newton Wigan legend RIP[/b]
Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:32 pm
Posted by Damo-Leeds on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:32 pm
Damo-Leeds User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:43 pm
Posts: 11747
Location: Leeds
Would like you to sign some good aussies so I can see them play against Leeds!
Post Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:24 am
Posted by thepriestman85 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:24 am
thepriestman85 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:57 pm
Posts: 3928
100% Warrior wrote:
And what if he signed up S.Tomkins and Phelps?

Any chairman with an ounce of common sense would extend their deals! I have to agree with AJ.

If we don't sign anyone, prepare for ANOTHER long dismal season in 2010.


:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: What is the point with some people really?

Did you actually read what i said?

AJ put the most one sided statement ever down which wasn't true.

It's easy to say all these players have left and IL hasn't brought and one in when we have all this money and ignore the fact he's signed up our four best players this season to new contracts!!!
3 World Club Challenges
19 League Titles
17 Challenge Cup wins
ONE CLUB
WIGAN RLFC
Post Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:43 am
Posted by Carneys Pint on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:43 am
Carneys Pint User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 4988
Location: Brighton, East Sussex

Rogues Gallery wrote:
Shareholders meeting next Friday

Maybe some answers to Teds financial questions, and potential signings along with Nobles future.


Presume it's the shareholders ie. IL's pals who helped fund the purchase of the club?

Behind closed doors by any chance?
Image
Post Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:47 am
Posted by Saint Simon on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:47 am
Saint Simon User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:29 am
Posts: 12189
Location: where ever i am
Carneys Pint wrote:
Presume it's the shareholders ie. IL's pals who helped fund the purchase of the club?

Behind closed doors by any chance?
There's usually lots of minor shareholders aswell, who are entitled to be there.
Post Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:30 pm
Posted by Rogues Gallery on Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:30 pm
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 13th / 76,383

Quiz Score: 32

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 pm
Posts: 30309
Carneys Pint wrote:
Presume it's the shareholders ie. IL's pals who helped fund the purchase of the club?

Behind closed doors by any chance?


No,
It's the people who didn't sell their shares to Whelan.


Behind closed doors only in the sense that it is only open to shareholders, as is the same with any company.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Post Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:54 pm
Posted by LondonRobster on Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:54 pm
LondonRobster User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:14 pm
Posts: 335
Location: Wrong end of the country
Rogues Gallery wrote:
No,
It's the people who didn't sell their shares to Whelan.


Behind closed doors only in the sense that it is only open to shareholders, as is the same with any company.


You got any? You going to be there?
[quote="Rogues Gallery"]I'm with LondonRobster on this.
Post Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:21 pm
Posted by Cruncher on Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:21 pm
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 13606
It amazes me that some Wigan fans still relish implying that the club indulges in deceitful, cloak and dagger enterprises.

Why?
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Allez, apollosghost, Leythersteve, RichieS, Sweaty Betty's, WiganPom and 101 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com





POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,669,40790176,3834,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 2nd Feb 19:30
SUPER LEAGUE
SALFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sat 10th Feb 08:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL FC
Sat 17th Feb
WCC
SOUTHS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 23rd Feb 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WARRINGTON
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 2nd Mar 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sun 11th Mar 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 18th Mar 15:30
SUPER LEAGUE
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 23rd Mar 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 30th Mar 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
ST. HELENS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Mon 2nd Apr 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM