WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - * * * Rumours & Signings XII * * *

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com * * * Rumours & Signings XII * * *

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:28 pm
Posted by GingerWiganer on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:28 pm
GingerWiganer User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:37 pm
Posts: 988
Location: Home Of Pie Peys And Gravey!
wigan_knight wrote:
No mate

Was told its a forward from dewbury.


These are all the props at Dewsbury

Adam Robinson
Keegan Hirst
Jake Hilson
Chris Green
James Walker

Any of them ring a bell?
Wigan RL Making History Since 1872:
19 Championships,
19 Challenge Cups
3 World Club Challenges

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:31 pm
Posted by Cruncher on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:31 pm
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 18th / 76,620

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 13663
inside_man wrote:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25643217-5018866,00.html

Mason not coming over then, not that i though he ever would. Japanese RU though?


What a criminal waste that would be.

Not trying to generate 'that old debate' again, but can't the world's RL authorities come to some kind of agreement about discounting the salary cap in the face of offers from Rugby Union?

We did very well out of Union players in the past, but there were many more of them than us, and very few of them had been trained or conditioned to the level that ours have now. It seems to me that League clubs are doing all the detailed and expensive preparation work so that a totally different sport can benefit.

Am I naive to think like this? I don't know. But I'm certain fed up.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:37 pm
Posted by jinkin jimmy on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:37 pm
jinkin jimmy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:27 pm
Posts: 3495
Cruncher wrote:
What a criminal waste that would be.

Not trying to generate 'that old debate' again, but can't the world's RL authorities come to some kind of agreement about discounting the salary cap in the face of offers from Rugby Union?

We did very well out of Union players in the past, but there were many more of them than us, and very few of them had been trained or conditioned to the level that ours have now. It seems to me that League clubs are doing all the detailed and expensive preparation work so that a totally different sport can benefit.

Am I naive to think like this? I don't know. But I'm certain fed up.


I can just sense the predominantly Merseyside based "level playing field" merchants cracking their knuckles.....
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:41 pm
Posted by cadoo on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:41 pm
cadoo User avatar
100% League Network Subsite
100% League Network Subsite

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:15 pm
Posts: 13741
We are going to miss out on Richie Myler. Wire have offered Salford 100K which they are on the verge of accepting as they can't afford the wages being offered to him and would rather cash in now than let him go for free next year.
Rugby Union: When entertainment just isn't your thing.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:44 pm
Posted by Bovrick on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:44 pm
Bovrick User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:25 pm
Posts: 1419
cadoo wrote:
We are going to miss out on Richie Myler. Wire have offered Salford 100K which they are on the verge of accepting as they can't afford the wages being offered to him and would rather cash in now than let him go for free next year.


100k? Now why does that sound familiar?
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:58 pm
Posted by Cruncher on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:58 pm
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 18th / 76,620

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 13663
jinkin jimmy wrote:
I can just sense the predominantly Merseyside based "level playing field" merchants cracking their knuckles.....


They're welcome to, but they'll get no response from me. I'm just sick to the back teeth of seeing guys that could be lighting up RL pitches all over the world taking their expensively developed talents into a completely different sport.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:21 pm
Posted by Boris on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:21 pm
Boris Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:24 pm
Posts: 6360
Location: Red Square Moscow
Cruncher wrote:
They're welcome to, but they'll get no response from me. I'm just sick to the back teeth of seeing guys that could be lighting up RL pitches all over the world taking their expensively developed talents into a completely different sport.


Mason leaving now is not such a big issue. He is a shadow of his former self.
Founder member of the "Bring back Monie" club.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:22 pm
Posted by jinkin jimmy on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:22 pm
jinkin jimmy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:27 pm
Posts: 3495
Boris wrote:
Mason leaving now is not such a big issue. He is a shadow of his former self.


But would be the best forward in our comp even now.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:24 pm
Posted by Boris on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:24 pm
Boris Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:24 pm
Posts: 6360
Location: Red Square Moscow
jinkin jimmy wrote:
But would be the best forward in our comp even now.


With that dodgy knee, poor attitude and lack of work ethic?
Founder member of the "Bring back Monie" club.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:26 pm
Posted by Bill_Barlow on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:26 pm
Bill_Barlow User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:44 pm
Posts: 4131
Location: Wigan
Boris wrote:
Mason leaving now is not such a big issue. He is a shadow of his former self.


Different position and different role.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bigredwarrior, Gazwire, Grimmy, hengirl, jaws1, MattyB, tugglesf78, Uncle Rico and 134 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,692,1421,13676,6204,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
BARROW RAIDERS
TODAY 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
SWINTON LIONS
TODAY 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
FEATHERSTONE
v
SHEFFIELD
TODAY 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
TOULOUSE
TODAY 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LONDON BRONCOS
v
TORONTO
TODAY 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
ROCHDALE
v
HALIFAX
TODAY 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIDNES VIKINGS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 2nd Mar 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sun 11th Mar 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 18th Mar 15:30
SUPER LEAGUE
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 23rd Mar 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 30th Mar 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
ST. HELENS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Mon 2nd Apr 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
Sat 7th Apr 17:00
SUPER LEAGUE
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 13th Apr 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 20th Apr 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 27th Apr 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIDNES VIKINGS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 6th May 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
SALFORD
Sat 19th May 17:15
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 25th May 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL KR
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM






28