Wed 23 May : RLFANS.COM will be undergoing maintenance over the next few days and the service may be unavailable periodically.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Sean O'Loughlin - Man of Steel form

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com Sean O'Loughlin - Man of Steel form

Post Fri May 29, 2009 10:50 pm
Posted by jonh on Fri May 29, 2009 10:50 pm
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 27th / 76,860

Quiz Score: 0

XBrettKennyX wrote:
Personally I would rather have Cassidy than Lockers.

BJM ...........hardly a regular at 13 was he?

OK R-TARD my patience is exhausted with you. You are an idiot.

1. Henry Paul (1 try)
2. Jason Robinson (2 tries)
3. Va'aiga Tuigamala (1 try)
4. Gary Connolly
5. Martin Offiah
6. Frano Botica (5 goals)
7. Shaun Edwards (c)
8. Kelvin Skerrett
9. Martin Hall (1 try)
10. Neil Cowie
11. Denis Betts
12. Mick Cassidy
13. Phil Clarke

* Andy Farrell
* Paul Atcheson

Tell me exactly how Lockers would get close to that team?

No answer?

I thought not.

Now go away you irritating little person.

Mate for such a great debater you do not half get wound up when you make silly statements, and even resort to replying for me!

You said Locky would be lucky to play reserve rugby.

I highlighted 2 players in Mathers and Cassidy who played first team rugby in the backrow in 94 who most sensible posters without an anti Locky agenda as they have been shown up after years of slating him, would not rate as highly as Locky. As these lads played first team in 94 in the secondrow how would Locky "be lucky to play in the reserves?" genuine question.

Can i expect an answer without the keyboard warrior response or shall i just await the usual straw clutching abuse of my spelling? Either way hardly traits of one who considers himself such a great debater.
Last edited by jonh on Fri May 29, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Post Fri May 29, 2009 10:51 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Fri May 29, 2009 10:51 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 76,860

Put Cassidy in this side now and he'd look nothing but average.

He did a job in a great team but O'Loughlin would have done that job and much much more besides.

A far better player.
Post Fri May 29, 2009 10:54 pm
Posted by XBrettKennyX on Fri May 29, 2009 10:54 pm
XBrettKennyX Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

jonh wrote:
Mate for such a great debater you do not half get wound up when you make silly statements, and even resort to replying for me!

I highlighted 2 players in Mathers and Cassidy who played first team rugby in the backrow in 94 who most sensible posters without an anti Locky agenda as they have been shown up after years of slating him, would not rate as highly as Locky. As these lads played first team in 94 in the secondrow how would Locky "be lucky to play in the reserves?" genuine question.

Can i expect an answer without the keyboard warrior response or shall i just await the usual straw clutching abuse of my spelling? Either way hardly traits of one who considers himself such a great debater.

Ok so you would have Lockers over Cassidy.

.....................fine.

I can only assume you were too young to appreciate Cassidy.

But hey, it's a free country. You are entitled to your opinon.
The Communist Cap - dragging down success and aspiration to the levels of those who cba.
Post Fri May 29, 2009 10:57 pm
Posted by jonh on Fri May 29, 2009 10:57 pm
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

XBrettKennyX wrote:
Ok so you would have Lockers over Cassidy.

.....................fine.

I can only assume you were too young to appreciate Cassidy.

But hey, it's a free country. You are entitled to your opinon.

I think most would. I think you are perhaps too bound by your agenda against Locky to appreciate him.

Do you stand by the statement that Locky would be lucky to play reserve rugby 15 years ago?
Post Fri May 29, 2009 11:01 pm
Posted by Deano G on Fri May 29, 2009 11:01 pm
Deano G User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

jonh wrote:

I'm a big supporter of Lockers. I feel very sorry for the guy. He's wearing a shirt that two of the greatest players in modern RL have worn, the incomparable Hanley and the man who carried our entire team for a decade, Andy Farrell.

My view is that Lockers isn't up to the standard of Hanley or Farrell. That's not much of a criticism. Since Jason Robinson left for RU only KFC (when fit) has been able to play at a similar level to those two. Hanley and Farrell are immense figures in RL terms. Talk about massive boots to fill. When you factor in the other great players that have played LF for Wigan in the modern era, e.g. Goodway and Clarke, and the awesome legends that have been club captain - leaders like Edwards and Bell - you have to feel sorry for the guy, with the lack of quality in the current side.

That said, how good is Lockers? Better than Cassidy in my book. Mick Cassidy was a great tackler and an underrated player but Lockers is a much classier player. Is Lockers as good as Clarke or Goodway? Possibly not but to be fair to the lad, with the exception of Hock the pack he is leading is really poor compared with the great forward packs of the late 80s and early 90s. With better players around him he would, I'm sure, look a better player. Only Faz could carry this current mediocre pack and he was a once in a lifetime player.
Last edited by Deano G on Fri May 29, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Badwanger wrote:
IMO, Sculthorpe at his peak was better than Hanley was at his.

nickmanator wrote:
billy boston in todays game might pinch a spot bringin the cone on and that bein kind

robbierotten wrote:
Imo Sam Tomkins is a very poor mans Danny Brough he is just a average player getting bigged up by the idiots who comentate on sky.

Deano G wrote:
Jonathan Davies, who is his equal in [Super League] today?

Badwanger wrote:
Wellens
Post Fri May 29, 2009 11:02 pm
Posted by jonh on Fri May 29, 2009 11:02 pm
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Also out of interest why do you rate Cassidy over Locky, what does Cassidy bring to the table that Locky does not in your opinion and visa versa?
Post Fri May 29, 2009 11:03 pm
Posted by XBrettKennyX on Fri May 29, 2009 11:03 pm
XBrettKennyX Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

jonh wrote:
I think most would. I think you are perhaps too bound by your agenda against Locky to appreciate him.

Do you stand by the statement that Locky would be lucky to play reserve rugby 15 years ago?

Yes.

He would not get into the starting 15/17 that's for sure.

I have no agenda against Locky for the record.

I just don't think he is good enough, and I CERTAINLY don't think he is as good as most on this forum/in RL circles generally feel.

I am clearly opening myself up to all sorts of "So you don't think he's as good as former/present GB coaches etc etc" but I call it as I see it.

Frankly it's a sad indictment of our game that Locky is considered a candidate for the GB/England 13 shirt, given the quality of the past incumbents.

I say again, if he was born in Sydney, we would never have heard of him.
The Communist Cap - dragging down success and aspiration to the levels of those who cba.
Post Fri May 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posted by inside_man on Fri May 29, 2009 11:07 pm
inside_man Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

XBrettKennyX wrote:
Yes.

I just don't think he is good enough, and I CERTAINLY don't think he is as good as most on this forum/in RL circles generally feel.

I am clearly opening myself up to all sorts of "So you don't think he's as good as former/present GB coaches etc etc" but I call it as I see it.

Frankly it's a sad indictment of our game that Locky is considered a candidate for the GB/England 13 shirt, given the quality of the past incumbents.

O'Loughlin is an absolutely class player, shown by the step up he makes with better players around him at international level. To say that he's not good enough is an absolutely ludicrous statement, and i doubt "most people" would agree with you.
Post Fri May 29, 2009 11:08 pm
Posted by jonh on Fri May 29, 2009 11:08 pm
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

XBrettKennyX wrote:
Yes.

So you think he would be lucky to play in the reserves in 94?

What did Cassidy offer that Locky does not and visa versa that in your opinion makes him a superior player?

Nice to see you have reigned in the keyboard warrior stuff by the way Henry Low would be proud although you did fall to your second trademark "help line" trying to use age to discredit someone who does not agree with you, which is another sign of desperation. :wink:
Re: Sean O'Loughlin - Man of Steel form
Post Sat May 30, 2009 12:18 am
Posted by Who are ya!! on Sat May 30, 2009 12:18 am
Who are ya!! User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,860

Alex BP' wrote:
Enough said.

Our captain is by far our best and most consistant player at the moment.

Shame he didn't do it last week :D

But seriously people like him, Morley etc should be in line to win the MOS but because they don't play for St Helen's or Leeds that rules them out instantly
PreviousNext