WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Sean O'Loughlin - Man of Steel form

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com Sean O'Loughlin - Man of Steel form

Post Fri May 29, 2009 10:04 pm
Posted by Jeff the God of Biscuits on Fri May 29, 2009 10:04 pm
Jeff the God of Biscuits User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:00 pm
Posts: 2931
Absolutely class performance tonight from Lockers. Ran at the line with real venom and made some good yards. He is the heart and soul of our team.
Don't let your love turn to hate
Now we've got to keep the faith

Wigan Rugby League
Post Fri May 29, 2009 10:07 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Fri May 29, 2009 10:07 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 9
Rep Position: 10th / 76,460

Quiz Score: 4

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 21450
Location: WIGAN
jonh wrote:
You do not think he is better than Mick Cassidy or Barry Jon Mathers?


Lockers in one of our great teams would have been a sensational second row forward that would have looked even better around class players.

When he plays for GB with the best players we have to offer(doesn't say much granted) he takes to it like a duck to water and his game comes on a level.

He's more then comfortable in that company.
Post Fri May 29, 2009 10:11 pm
Posted by jonh on Fri May 29, 2009 10:11 pm
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 16th / 76,460

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 16621
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
NickyKiss wrote:
Lockers in one of our great teams would have been a sensational second row forward that would have looked even better around class players.

When he plays for GB with the best players we have to offer(doesn't say much granted) he takes to it like a duck to water and his game comes on a level.

He's more then comfortable in that company.


Locky is one of the few players that would cope with the NRL, for some reason a select few either dislike him or find it hard to praise him which is sad.

Even in 9th the crap captain myth has been dispelled yet still some continue to question him when they clearly are too ignorant of different styles of leadership.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Post Fri May 29, 2009 10:13 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Fri May 29, 2009 10:13 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 9
Rep Position: 10th / 76,460

Quiz Score: 4

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 21450
Location: WIGAN
jonh wrote:
Locky is one of the few players that would cope with the NRL, for some reason a select few either dislike him or find it hard to praise him which is sad.

Even in 9th the crap captain myth has been dispelled yet still some continue to question him when they clearly are too ignorant of different styles of leadership.


On the VT i have people telling me Purdham and Wild are better players :roll: do me a favour, they are decent players in their own rights but as good as Lockers? Not in a million years.

He's all class and like you say would go very well in the NRL......from our point of view though i hope thats not something that'll happen.
Post Fri May 29, 2009 10:15 pm
Posted by XBrettKennyX on Fri May 29, 2009 10:15 pm
XBrettKennyX Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:44 am
Posts: 6722
jonh wrote:
You do not think he is better than Mick Cassidy (GB international) or Barrie Jon Mathers (GB international) Andy Craig, Paul Aitcheson (GB international fullback)?


Right. Let's bury this myth once and for all shall we?



Hanley, Bell, Goodway,Farrell, Lockers


Spot the odd one out.


End. Fecking. Of.
The Communist Cap - dragging down success and aspiration to the levels of those who cba.
Post Fri May 29, 2009 10:19 pm
Posted by jonh on Fri May 29, 2009 10:19 pm
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 16th / 76,460

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 16621
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
XBrettKennyX wrote:
Right. Let's bury this myth once and for all shall we?



Hanley, Bell, Goodway,Farrell, Lockers


Spot the odd one out.


End. Fecking. Of.


Were these reserve players in 94? Your quote not mine. You said Locky would be lucky to play reserve rugby when i highlighted 4 players who played first team rugby 2 as backrow forwards who i feel were not as good as Locky is now. Not sure what naming 4 players from that team has to do with your initial statement?
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Post Fri May 29, 2009 10:29 pm
Posted by Deano G on Fri May 29, 2009 10:29 pm
Deano G User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:15 am
Posts: 3523
Location: Manchester
XBrettKennyX wrote:
Never in a million years is he MOS class.


Good performances though this season.

Keep it up.


I know what you mean, but standards have declined massively over the last decade... and the judging of the MOS has been ridiculous at times... the Slug has been MOS... a substitute won it ahead of Barrett...

He is the best in class. The fact that the class is underperforming isn't his fault.Lockers would be a deserved winner of this award IMO if he can keep up this level of performance. Maybe with some better players around him he could get closer to the standards of the Wigan legends whose boots he is trying to fill.
Badwanger wrote:
IMO, Sculthorpe at his peak was better than Hanley was at his.


nickmanator wrote:
billy boston in todays game might pinch a spot bringin the cone on and that bein kind


robbierotten wrote:
Imo Sam Tomkins is a very poor mans Danny Brough he is just a average player getting bigged up by the idiots who comentate on sky.


Deano G wrote:
Jonathan Davies, who is his equal in [Super League] today?

Badwanger wrote:
Wellens
Post Fri May 29, 2009 10:30 pm
Posted by XBrettKennyX on Fri May 29, 2009 10:30 pm
XBrettKennyX Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:44 am
Posts: 6722
jonh wrote:
Were these reserve players in 94? Your quote not mine. You said Locky would be lucky to play reserve rugby when i highlighted 4 players who played first team rugby 2 as backrow forwards who i feel were not as good as Locky is now. Not sure what naming 4 players from that team has to do with your initial statement?



?

Which of the above do you NOT consider a better player at 13 than Locky?

I am intrigued.


The point of my post is that SL has dumbed down to such an extent that some people hail Locky as a "class" player. To me he is average.


Anyway back to my question.

Which 2 do you think are worse 13's than Locky.

Please don't say Bell and Goodway as I will laugh myself to sleep.
The Communist Cap - dragging down success and aspiration to the levels of those who cba.
Post Fri May 29, 2009 10:35 pm
Posted by jonh on Fri May 29, 2009 10:35 pm
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 16th / 76,460

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 16621
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
XBrettKennyX wrote:
?

Which of the above do you NOT consider a better player at 13 than Locky?

I am intrigued.


The point of my post is that SL has dumbed down to such an extent that some people hail Locky as a "class" player. To me he is average.


Anyway back to my question.

Which 2 do you think are worse 13's than Locky.

Please don't say Bell and Goodway as I will laugh myself to sleep.


Think i clearly stated Cassidy and Barrie Jon Mathers in my opinion both backrow forwards were worse players than Locky. I would suggest if these 2 players were able to play first team rugby in 94 in the backrow so would Locky, hence he would not be "lucky" to play in the reserves as you stated.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Post Fri May 29, 2009 10:44 pm
Posted by XBrettKennyX on Fri May 29, 2009 10:44 pm
XBrettKennyX Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:44 am
Posts: 6722
jonh wrote:
Think i clearly stated Cassidy and Barrie Jon Mathers in my opinion both backrow forwards were worse players than Locky. I would suggest if these 2 players were able to play first team rugby in 94 in the backrow so would Locky, hence he would not be "lucky" to play in the reserves as you stated.


Personally I would rather have Cassidy than Lockers.

BJM ...........hardly a regular at 13 was he?


OK R-TARD my patience is exhausted with you. You are an idiot.


1. Henry Paul (1 try)
2. Jason Robinson (2 tries)
3. Va'aiga Tuigamala (1 try)
4. Gary Connolly
5. Martin Offiah
6. Frano Botica (5 goals)
7. Shaun Edwards (c)
8. Kelvin Skerrett
9. Martin Hall (1 try)
10. Neil Cowie
11. Denis Betts
12. Mick Cassidy
13. Phil Clarke

* Andy Farrell
* Paul Atcheson



Tell me exactly how Lockers would get close to that team?


No answer?

I thought not.

Now go away you irritating little person.
The Communist Cap - dragging down success and aspiration to the levels of those who cba.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 100% Warrior, Azul, Grimmy, jackdog, MattyB, MelbourneWarrior, MOUSE13, sukmedic, WiganBurt, Ziggy Stardust and 184 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com





POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,677,0721,41776,4604,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 2nd Feb 19:30
SUPER LEAGUE
SALFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sat 10th Feb 08:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL FC
Sat 17th Feb
WCC
SOUTHS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 23rd Feb 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WARRINGTON
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 2nd Mar 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sun 11th Mar 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 18th Mar 15:30
SUPER LEAGUE
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 23rd Mar 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 30th Mar 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
ST. HELENS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Mon 2nd Apr 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM