WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:20 pm
Posted by The Whiffy Kipper on Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:20 pm
The Whiffy Kipper User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,218

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:40 am
Posts: 459
[quote="MattyB"]Will be interested to find out how his performance turns out tonight (I’m currently on holiday with no access to SKY Sports).Luckily for him it didn't happen
Last edited by The Whiffy Kipper on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:01 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:01 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 77,218

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 22140
Location: WIGAN
Wane has said after the game the interview with Williams was done a long while ago and the NRL site decided they’d publish it today. I don’t like the tone of it at any time but given the events of the past few days maybe Williams will consider that stance. He showed enough tonight to excite you as a fan about what’s possible if he works with two of our all time great halfbacks.

On another note in regards to that interview and a story posted today on the NRL site and Barba looking likely to be going back. Why is the official site of the Australian League posting rumour and conjecture like this? I find the whole attitude of the game down under pretty embarrassing and condescending at the moment.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:59 pm
Posted by WARRIOR5 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:59 pm
WARRIOR5 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,218

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 119
Well.... George was bloody good tonight.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:01 pm
Posted by Ziggy Stardust on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:01 pm
Ziggy Stardust User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 2856
Location: Serpo
WARRIOR5 wrote:
Well.... George was bloody good tonight.


Did he go off at Half-Time?
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:11 pm
Posted by WARRIOR5 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:11 pm
WARRIOR5 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,218

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 119
Ziggy Stardust wrote:
Did he go off at Half-Time?


I think the entire team did, can’t blame him for the second half. Hopefully Lam/Edwards can talk some sense into him.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:15 pm
Posted by Ziggy Stardust on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:15 pm
Ziggy Stardust User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 2856
Location: Serpo
WARRIOR5 wrote:
I think the entire team did, can’t blame him for the second half. Hopefully Lam/Edwards can talk some sense into him.


You'd expect your best-paid players to take the lead, wouldn't you?
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:19 am
Posted by MelbourneWarrior on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:19 am
MelbourneWarrior Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,218

Quiz Score: 4

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:04 am
Posts: 67
NickyKiss wrote:
Wane has said after the game the interview with Williams was done a long while ago and the NRL site decided they’d publish it today. I don’t like the tone of it at any time but given the events of the past few days maybe Williams will consider that stance. He showed enough tonight to excite you as a fan about what’s possible if he works with two of our all time great halfbacks.

On another note in regards to that interview and a story posted today on the NRL site and Barba looking likely to be going back. Why is the official site of the Australian League posting rumour and conjecture like this? I find the whole attitude of the game down under pretty embarrassing and condescending at the moment.


The official NRL site has been outsourced from what I remember. There was something on one of the League shows about it. I can’t remember who is running it now, but I think it is a news outlet.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:52 am
Posted by Sweaty Betty's on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:52 am
Sweaty Betty's Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,218

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:13 pm
Posts: 628
NickyKiss wrote:
Wane has said after the game the interview with Williams was done a long while ago and the NRL site decided they’d publish it today. I don’t like the tone of it at any time but given the events of the past few days maybe Williams will consider that stance. He showed enough tonight to excite you as a fan about what’s possible if he works with two of our all time great halfbacks.

On another note in regards to that interview and a story posted today on the NRL site and Barba looking likely to be going back. Why is the official site of the Australian League posting rumour and conjecture like this? I find the whole attitude of the game down under pretty embarrassing and condescending at the moment.


Because they are tossers. I asked IFL about George tonight and he was adamant that he expected the lad to see out his contract. On the other hand his dad is adamant that he wants to try the NRL. I suspect, like Bateman, Tomkins and co. there will be a compromise.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:55 am
Posted by Sweaty Betty's on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:55 am
Sweaty Betty's Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,218

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:13 pm
Posts: 628
Ziggy Stardust wrote:
You'd expect your best-paid players to take the lead, wouldn't you?


Forwards win matches, backs decide by how many. Second half our six were second best.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:50 am
Posted by hatty on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:50 am
hatty User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,218

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 2930
Location: wigan...where else!!
Sweaty Betty's wrote:
Because they are tossers. I asked IFL about George tonight and he was adamant that he expected the lad to see out his contract. On the other hand his dad is adamant that he wants to try the NRL. I suspect, like Bateman, Tomkins and co. there will be a compromise.

Maybe his dad should teach his son how to honour a contract. I bet he was full of advice when he signed the contract last year, especially after playing Wigan like a fiddle to get more money out of the club.
1998,2010,2013 & 2016.....I was there
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Nnibly_Warrior, Sweaty Betty's and 57 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com

cron

POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,797,06380877,2184,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 28th Sep 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL FC
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






28