WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The Lockers offside penalty

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com The Lockers offside penalty

Re: The Lockers offside penalty
Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:44 pm
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:44 pm
Bigredwarrior Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am
Posts: 1592
Upanunder wrote:
He was stood to the right when Randell received the ball at ahb from Kirmo, right in the f00kin way, but that's what he's paid to do, right?.
I mean, he could have stayed down and not interfered, but no, he's gonna stand up right there because that's how wakey are set up for the next play.
Randell tried to go around the front of him but the play was already fuxxed up by 2 instances of interference, he feigned a pass to Grix, I say feigned because it clearly wasn't designed to be a pinpoint pass, it was designed to sort the 5h1t out one way or the other, and it did.
Whether it was or wasn't "cheating" seems besides the point, I know anything short of an 8 point penalty try for wigan will leave you giving it the big boo hoo's but back in the real World, Lockjaw was doing all the 8u1151t, were it not for his interference both in the tackle and at the pob, nobody would have been chucking the ball at him.
He spun the wheel against the odds and lost that one, but not the game, eh


That’s a very vivid imagination you’ve got!!
Re: The Lockers offside penalty
Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:46 pm
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:46 pm
Bigredwarrior Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am
Posts: 1592
Upanunder wrote:
He was stood to the right when Randell received the ball at ahb from Kirmo, right in the f00kin way, but that's what he's paid to do, right?.
I mean, he could have stayed down and not interfered, but no, he's gonna stand up right there because that's how wakey are set up for the next play.
Randell tried to go around the front of him but the play was already fuxxed up by 2 instances of interference, he feigned a pass to Grix, I say feigned because it clearly wasn't designed to be a pinpoint pass, it was designed to sort the 5h1t out one way or the other, and it did.
Whether it was or wasn't "cheating" seems besides the point, I know anything short of an 8 point penalty try for wigan will leave you giving it the big boo hoo's but back in the real World, Lockjaw was doing all the 8u1151t, were it not for his interference both in the tackle and at the pob, nobody would have been chucking the ball at him.
He spun the wheel against the odds and lost that one, but not the game, eh


That’s a very vivid imagination you’ve got... but still complete and utter rubbish!
Re: The Lockers offside penalty
Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:23 pm
Posted by Upanunder on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:23 pm
Upanunder Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:15 pm
Posts: 563
Bigredwarrior wrote:
That’s a very vivid imagination you’ve got... but still complete and utter rubbish!


That's me told then...:)

*shoots off to imagine something else whilst its still vivid and rubbish*
Re: The Lockers offside penalty
Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:09 pm
Posted by JonnyBroad on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:09 pm
JonnyBroad Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 pm
Posts: 51
Upanunder wrote:
He was stood up blocking any play to the right.
Can't always get out the way I know but...seriously, he knew what he was doing just like he knew what he was doing with his hand " trapped" lol, as if.
I don't actually care which of those was penalized, but not doing anything about either of them didn't look like a option tbh.
Can't imagine what he spent so much time flappin his lips at the ref about, but that's the refs fault for being a pu55y I suppose.
I thought Wigan played a decent game, they needed to and they needed to get a few key decisions, some deserved some not, but that's the way it goes, so no complaints about the result, they inched out a tough 2 points there I reckon.



No he wasnt, he was behind play, the ball could easily have been passed without hitting lockers.
Re: The Lockers offside penalty
Post Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:02 am
Posted by Geoff on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:02 am
Geoff User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 5438
JonnyBroad wrote:
No he wasnt, he was behind play, the ball could easily have been passed without hitting lockers.


Exactly, and for Lockers to have got back onside, he would have had to move into the line of play first.
Re: The Lockers offside penalty
Post Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:15 pm
Posted by Warrior Winger on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:15 pm
Warrior Winger User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:25 pm
Posts: 157
Upanunder wrote:
That's me told then...:)

*shoots off to imagine something else whilst its still vivid and rubbish*
Re: The Lockers offside penalty
Post Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:49 pm
Posted by Trainman on Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:49 pm
Trainman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:59 pm
Posts: 796
Upanunder wrote:
He was stood to the right when Randell received the ball at ahb from Kirmo, right in the f00kin way, but that's what he's paid to do, right?.
I mean, he could have stayed down and not interfered, but no, he's gonna stand up right there because that's how wakey are set up for the next play.
Randell tried to go around the front of him but the play was already fuxxed up by 2 instances of interference, he feigned a pass to Grix, I say feigned because it clearly wasn't designed to be a pinpoint pass, it was designed to sort the 5h1t out one way or the other, and it did.
Whether it was or wasn't "cheating" seems besides the point, I know anything short of an 8 point penalty try for wigan will leave you giving it the big boo hoo's but back in the real World, Lockjaw was doing all the 8u1151t, were it not for his interference both in the tackle and at the pob, nobody would have been chucking the ball at him.
He spun the wheel against the odds and lost that one, but not the game, eh


Even google translate couldn’t make head nor tail of this. I’m sure there is a point of view in there somewhere, any chance of an English version?

This may help: http://www.dictionary.com
Re: The Lockers offside penalty
Post Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:53 pm
Posted by Trainman on Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:53 pm
Trainman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:59 pm
Posts: 796
I think the ref has to be better on this. Either SOL is deemed as interfering and the penalty is given before the hooker picks the ball up or it is deemed that SOL has done enough to put himself in a position where he is not interfering and the hooker is penalised for gamesmanship.

I’d love to know what wa said between Sheens and Ganson over the MM one.

From our point of view at least it wasn’t crucial and didn’t make any difference to the result unlike the MM one.
Re: The Lockers offside penalty
Post Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:35 pm
Posted by WiganBurt on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:35 pm
WiganBurt User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:56 am
Posts: 207
the fact the wakey player practically burst out laughing when the penalty was given indicates intent. 100% a penalty to wigan, however lockers was malling about a bit too much for me too so I can see why it was given on this occasion.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apollosghost, Bigredwarrior, Cbr1000rr, Down by the Duggie, endoman, Father Ted, Fujiman, Mash Butty, moto748, P-J, tugglesf78, Yorkshire Warrior and 173 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,748,7601,30076,9074,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 15:00
 CH ONE
LONDON SKOLARS
v
CRUSADERS
TODAY 15:00
 CH ONE
WEST WALES
v
WHITEHAVEN
TODAY 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
SHEFFIELD
v
FEATHERSTONE
TODAY 20:30
 CHAMPIONSHIP
TORONTO
v
BARROW RAIDERS
TODAY 21:10
INTERNATIONAL
ENGLAND
v
NEW ZEALAND
Thu 28th Jun 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 6th Jul 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Thu 12th Jul 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 19th Jul 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
ST. HELENS
Fri 27th Jul 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






28