WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Squad update for Cas game
Re: Squad update for Cas game
Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:47 am
Phuzzy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:25 am
Posts: 2934
Location: Just about to go do some work!
NickyKiss wrote:
Lockers out for us according to Wane at the press conference today. He's got a slight calf injury but should be right for Wakefield.

That's both clubs without their most influential player.

Massive loss in a must win game. I'm tempted to say a bigger loss than Cas losing Gale as they are at least in a position where they can afford to lose this one. Everyone needs to step up their game although I'm not convinced even this covers for losing Lockers judging from previous games!
Re: Squad update for Cas game
Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:07 am
jus@casvegas Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 9:08 am
Posts: 230
Location: cas vegas
I Think you will win this quite comfortably you have more to play for.i can see us sending half a team then going full strength at home against hull next Friday in preparation for the semi
Re: Squad update for Cas game
Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:25 am
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 21195
Location: WIGAN
Phuzzy wrote:
Massive loss in a must win game. I'm tempted to say a bigger loss than Cas losing Gale as they are at least in a position where they can afford to lose this one. Everyone needs to step up their game although I'm not convinced even this covers for losing Lockers judging from previous games!


Wane has said he's a bigger loss for us and he may well be right. He's been unbelievable these past two weeks.
Re: Squad update for Cas game
Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:53 am
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 12475
jus@casvegas wrote:
I Think you will win this quite comfortably you have more to play for.i can see us sending half a team then going full strength at home against hull next Friday in preparation for the semi

Would it not be the other way round? Go full strength against us to ensure a big name doesn't make the play offs, then rest the big names the week after with the semi coming up?
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Re: Squad update for Cas game
Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:03 am
goobervision Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:55 am
Posts: 809
muttywhitedog wrote:
I thought a kidney removal was a 15 min spell in the blood bin....


You are mixing up the pie kitchen with the blood bin.
Re: Squad update for Cas game
Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:26 am
jus@casvegas Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 9:08 am
Posts: 230
Location: cas vegas
Grimmy wrote:
Would it not be the other way round? Go full strength against us to ensure a big name doesn't make the play offs, then rest the big names the week after with the semi coming up?

I see your point but I'd rather not go into the semi under done like has happened to many teams that have had a week off before a big game in the past.
Re: Squad update for Cas game
Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:48 am
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 13547
jus@casvegas wrote:
I see your point but I'd rather not go into the semi under done like has happened to many teams that have had a week off before a big game in the past.


Inclined to agree. It never seems to help, wrapping your players in cotton wool the week before a biggie.
Re: Squad update for Cas game
Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:18 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 21195
Location: WIGAN
Ben Roberts is also struggling apparently and you'd be surprised if they risk anyone.

It'll be tough on Sunday. Cas look outstanding regardless of personnel and you get the feeling they aren't Wigan's biggest fans.

Anything less then our Saints performance (and intensity) won't be enough imo.
Re: Squad update for Cas game
Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:38 pm
cas all the way User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:15 pm
Posts: 2680
Location: advertising my villa

No Gale and possibly no Ben Roberts by the looks. We may put 2 youngsters in the halves along with rest a couple more is what I am being told. May sound weird but I kind of hope you do beat us. I would rather play Hull in the semis than you guys so would be happy for you to make 3rd instead of 4th.
Re: Squad update for Cas game
Post Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:53 am
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 5314
Location: Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
cas all the way wrote:
No Gale and possibly no Ben Roberts by the looks. We may put 2 youngsters in the halves along with rest a couple more is what I am being told. May sound weird but I kind of hope you do beat us. I would rather play Hull in the semis than you guys so would be happy for you to make 3rd instead of 4th.


Fine by us, Deal??? :THINK: :wink:
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bigredwarrior, CyberPieMan, Froggy, Grimmy, hatty, Listerofsmeg, Mild mannered Janitor, muttywhitedog, paperboy, Saint_Claire, tank123, tedglen, wigginswarrior, Wigg'n, Ziggy Stardust and 246 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - cherryandwhite.co.uk



POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,635,5042,23176,2394,491SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
  TODAY : 10:55
NRL
MELBOURNE
v
BRISBANE
  
  TODAY : 20:00
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
HULL FC  
  TODAY : 20:00
8s
LONDONB
v
LEIGH  
  TODAY : 20:00
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
LEEDS  
  TOMORROW : 10:40
NRL
SYDNEY
v
NQL COWBOYS  
  TOMORROW : 14:30
8s
TOULOUSE
v
DEWSBURY  
  TOMORROW : 15:00
8s
WARRINGTON
v
HULL KR  
 > TOMORROW : 15:15
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN < 
  TOMORROW : 17:15
8s
CATALANS
v
WIDNES  
  Sun 24th Sep : 15:00
8s
HALIFAX
v
FEATHERSTONE  
  Sun 24th Sep : 15:00
8s
BATLEY
v
SHEFFIELD  
  Sun 24th Sep : 15:00
CH1
BARROW
v
NEWCASTLE  
  Sun 24th Sep : 15:00
CH1
WHITEHAVEN
v
YORK  
  Sun 24th Sep : 15:00
CH1
HUNSLET
v
LONDONS  
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM