WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wakey Fans Up To Their Old Horrible Tricks

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - cherryandwhite.co.uk Wakey Fans Up To Their Old Horrible Tricks

Posted by Cherry_Warrior on Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:38 pm
Cherry_Warrior Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Proving what most fans know about them anyway. If any of you have not had the distinct dis-pleasure of visiting their ground this is the kind of person you can expect, and have witnessed this kind of horridness every time i have been. Nasty, Violent bunch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/41258699
Posted by jonh on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:46 pm
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Cherry_Warrior wrote:
Proving what most fans know about them anyway. If any of you have not had the distinct dis-pleasure of visiting their ground this is the kind of person you can expect, and have witnessed this kind of horridness every time i have been. Nasty, Violent bunch.

I understand some supporters don't like visiting the Wakefield ground and the club are doing all they can to instigate a move and a new stadium. Personally if I'm being honest I love the place and it will be a sad day when they do leave for a new stadium hopefully at the end of next season. I understand it isn't fit for purpose as do the club but it is a real throwback to the good old days and it has soul despite all the obvious issues unlike many of the new stadiums.

Obviously it has to go as it is holding the club back and for Trinity to move forward commercially a new stadium is a must.

Branding the entire fan base of a club "nasty and violent" is a bit much however, all because a few idiots post stupid remarks in the heat of the moment after a disappointing loss.

I have been going to Belle Vue nearly every week for nearly 30 years and I can genuinely say in all that time I've not seen anything to suggest there is a problem with violence of any kind. The odd isolated incident occasionally over the years but I've seen less than I could count on the fingers of 1 hand and certainly none more than I've seen at other clubs whilst visiting away grounds including Wigan.

If you were to judge every clubs fans on the actions of a few isolated minority of idiots and how they behave on social media and in isolated incidents I'm sure you would have grounds to label all clubs fans nasty and violent.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Posted by Levrier on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:33 pm
Levrier Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I have always enjoyed visiting Wakey except for the time that they poisoned me and I was sick for three days.
Posted by Orrell Lad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:41 pm
Orrell Lad User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

There are idiots trying to incite a reaction out of Wigan fans almost every season at Belle Vue. People old enough to know better. Cas has become like that in recent years too, always an air of tension around the away end.
21 - 19 - 4

Warrington led 16-2 in Saturday's Grand Final, but their joy was short-lived as Wigan roared back to win the Super League title and extend the Wire's 58-year wait to be champions

Swearing harms children
Posted by Trainman on Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:50 am
Trainman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Cherry_Warrior wrote:

This is something that really annoys me about message boards. As a Wigan fan I am often tarnished with the same brush as the minority of idiots. You're doing exactly that to Wakefield fans.

To be honest I didn't click on the link or read whatever was on there, however nasty the comments were they are from a minoroty of idiots hiding behind a keyboard and I have no doubt they do not speak for the majority of fans.
Posted by Grimmy on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:06 am
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

You get idiots at every club. I bet if you replace 'Scott Grix' with 'Jack Murphy', then you get the same comments many of our own numpties made after the 2012 SL semi. I've been to Wakey many times and never had any bother.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Posted by Cruncher on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:12 am
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

To be honest, during the semi-final against Salford, there was a Wigan idiot sitting down near the front, close to our own dug-out, giving grief to Sam Tomkins every time he came near. At least once, I saw Tomkins make eye contact with him as if he wanted to say something back - so it clearly got to him.

First of all, I don't know how any speccie, no matter how thick, can think that will help a player during a tough, important game.

Secondly, what kind of unseen damage does this do? Suppose you have a player who is not happy with his contract, not happy with the coach, etc. And then he starts thinking the fans are muppets as well? What are the chances of you keeping that player? Probably not great.

Sorry to say it, but it certainly isn't just Wakefield. Our club has as many as anybody
Posted by Wildthing on Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:06 pm
Wildthing User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Surprised at some of the comments here, I have always enjoyed good banter with the Wigan supporters who come to BV.
Definitely some of the best away supporters I always find, usually travel in good numbers too.

Re: Grix the majority of Trinity supporters were supportive of him, it seems the minority were louder than
the majority in this case.
Wakefield TRINITY
Posted by Cruncher on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:10 pm
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Wildthing wrote:
Surprised at some of the comments here, I have always enjoyed good banter with the Wigan supporters who come to BV.
Definitely some of the best away supporters I always find, usually travel in good numbers too.

I was, and still am, happy to say that your support base is not the only one to contain a small percentage of embarrassing buffoons. And Wigan is just as bad.

But we had quite a bit of stupidity on here from a few of your guys last year - when they just wouldn't accept that Wakey hammered Wigan 62-0 because we had a virus in the camp. You'll remember the game, no doubt. No one said that Wakey were't the better team on the day or that they still wouldn't have won - but there was a reason why it was a total massacre. A few of your extremist pillocks, who'd invaded this forum to gloat, were totally ourtraged by the mere suggestion and turned it into an epic slanging match.

That may be one reason why Wakey folk aren't flavour of the month at present.
Posted by Cherry_Warrior on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:01 pm
Cherry_Warrior Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I hope Liam Finn doesn't have a twitter account.
Next