WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Well played RFL
Re: Well played RFL
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:04 pm
Posted by TheElectricGlidingWarrior on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:04 pm
TheElectricGlidingWarrior User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:21 pm
Posts: 1920
Location: Wigan
JWarriors wrote:
I don't want to sound too bitter about this. But to me, their entire game plan revolves around having massive forwards. A half back that can stick up a massive high bomb to their huge wingers. That's pretty much it.

TBF it's probably more of a gamelan than we've had lately.
Harrigan wrote:
Wigan are the most structured team I have ever seen in this country.

NickyKiss wrote:
As a fan Wane makes you want to run through a brick wall so you can only imagine how he makes the players feel!


@TheEGW
YouTube Channel
Re: Well played RFL
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:19 pm
Posted by JWarriors on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:19 pm
JWarriors Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:16 pm
Posts: 517
TheElectricGlidingWarrior wrote:
TBF it's probably more of a gamelan than we've had lately.


I don't doubt it, and in a way it's kind of like Wane's ideal (if only we had a half who could kick in open play). But it's fairly simplistic. I feel that if our wingers were bigger (better at catching bombs) then we wouldn't really be troubled by Hull. I would say Cas or Leeds style of offloads we usually find harder to defend against.
Re: Well played RFL
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:01 pm
Posted by moto748 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:01 pm
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:41 pm
Posts: 2613
JWarriors wrote:
I don't want to sound too bitter about this. But to me, their entire game plan revolves around having massive forwards. A half back that can stick up a massive high bomb to their huge wingers. That's pretty much it.


You say that like it's a bad thing! :lol:

They have a plan. You might not like their plan, or think it is the most sophisticated plan in the world, but at least, they have a plan...






... you forgot, a hooker who can do 80 minutes...
Re: Well played RFL
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:37 pm
Posted by JWarriors on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:37 pm
JWarriors Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:16 pm
Posts: 517
moto748 wrote:
You say that like it's a bad thing! :lol:

They have a plan. You might not like their plan, or think it is the most sophisticated plan in the world, but at least, they have a plan...






... you forgot, a hooker who can do 80 minutes...


People slate our attack though. Yet we managed to comfortably score more tries than them this year. They may have a plan that they stick to, but it doesn't make it more potent.
Re: Well played RFL
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:41 pm
Posted by TheElectricGlidingWarrior on Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:41 pm
TheElectricGlidingWarrior User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:21 pm
Posts: 1920
Location: Wigan
JWarriors wrote:
People slate our attack though. Yet we managed to comfortably score more tries than them this year. They may have a plan that they stick to, but it doesn't make it more potent.

There are aspects of our attack that are very good and do score us a lot of points. We have next to no kicking game though (barring some of George's try line dinks which are some of the best you'll see,) putting up some of the worst bombs from the worst positions with the worst chases I've ever seen, along with zero hope of a 40/20. If we had half their gameplan we'd have double the tries.
Harrigan wrote:
Wigan are the most structured team I have ever seen in this country.

NickyKiss wrote:
As a fan Wane makes you want to run through a brick wall so you can only imagine how he makes the players feel!


@TheEGW
YouTube Channel
Re: Well played RFL
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:45 pm
Posted by PurpleCheeseWarrior on Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:45 pm
PurpleCheeseWarrior Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:16 pm
Posts: 637
JWarriors wrote:
People slate our attack though. Yet we managed to comfortably score more tries than them this year. They may have a plan that they stick to, but it doesn't make it more potent.


And everyone else bar Cas. Incredible stat, that. Especially when like you say everyone has bashed our attack this year.

Edit - Salford have more also which is surprising given they've been on holiday for the past 2 months.
Re: Well played RFL
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:55 pm
Posted by fc23 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:55 pm
fc23 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 54
finally people are starting to give their different opinions on the game and the teams,lets be honest it would be a bit boring if we all agreed with each other and by the way I still think we would do wigan in the grand final but that's just my opinion
Re: Well played RFL
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:50 pm
Posted by jinkin jimmy on Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:50 pm
jinkin jimmy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:27 pm
Posts: 3493
moto748 wrote:
You say that like it's a bad thing! :lol:

They have a plan. You might not like their plan, or think it is the most sophisticated plan in the world, but at least, they have a plan...






... you forgot, a hooker who can do 80 minutes...

He does 80 minutes, granted. However, watch him closely and you will see too many of his tackles involve him getting carted backwards by about 5m. No high impact collision or hurtful defence IMO. Decent player but bulled up too much by those morons in Sky.
Re: Well played RFL
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:17 pm
Posted by Hessle Roader on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:17 pm
Hessle Roader User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:43 am
Posts: 4097
Location: Drypool Bridge - watching out for invaders from the East.
jinkin jimmy wrote:
He does 80 minutes, granted. However, watch him closely and you will see too many of his tackles involve him getting carted backwards by about 5m. No high impact collision or hurtful defence IMO. Decent player but bulled up too much by those morons in Sky.


Man of steel!!
JOHNNY WHITELEY - A TRUE RUGBY LEAGUE LEGEND
Re: Well played RFL
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:14 pm
Posted by PurpleCheeseWarrior on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:14 pm
PurpleCheeseWarrior Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:16 pm
Posts: 637
fc23 wrote:
I still think we would do wigan in the grand final but that's just my opinion


You absolutely could. It would be an intriguing final because I think we could turn you lot over as well and get some proper revenge for Wembley.

I really don't fancy coming up against Cas at all but Leeds or Hull would be a great, close game I reckon.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - cherryandwhite.co.uk





POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,663,29456176,3484,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 24th Nov 09:00
WC17
AUSTRALIA
v
FIJI
Sat 25th Nov 05:00
WC17
ENGLAND
v
TONGA
Sat 25th Nov 05:00
WC17
ENGLAND
v
TONGA
Thu 1st Feb 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WARRINGTON
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Thu 1st Feb 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE

HULL FC
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 2nd Feb 19:30
SUPER LEAGUE

SALFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 2nd Feb 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
ST. HELENS
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 2nd Feb 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE

HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 4th Feb 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE

WIDNES VIKINGS
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Thu 8th Feb 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL KR
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM