WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Powell returns for the Huddersfield game

Board index Super League - Super 8s Wigan Warriors - cherryandwhite.co.uk Powell returns for the Huddersfield game

Re: Powell returns for the Huddersfield game
Post Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:54 pm
DaveO User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 13940
Location: Chester

Cruncher wrote:
You must be in your element at the moment.

For the first time in your life, your predictions of disaster look like they might come true.


Oh it's not the first time. I was getting slated on here for stating the obvious about Noble as well. Funny that.

All we need now is a special bench outside Wembley, where you can sit with Red Hot Jalapeno, and every time there's a groan from the Wigan crowd, you can congratulate each other and say, 'See ... told you.'


Blah, blah. I was right about Noble and I am right about Wane. You know this so that is good enough for me despite silly comments as above. Am I glad I am right, do I enjoy watching the boring sub standard RL served up by both coaches? No, and neither do you.
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20
Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18
Re: Powell returns for the Huddersfield game
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:08 am
DaveO User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 13940
Location: Chester

Wigan Peer wrote:
I recall someone being annoyed that Wigan were "getting a rookie coach!" when Maguire was appointed.... Wonder how that worked out, wish i could find it.


If you are implying that was me, you'd be wrong. I could not wait to see the back of Noble. I was even in favour of Wane taking over when Madge left because I thought we'd see continuity but you might also recall me posting on here a comment about what Wane said just after he took over. That comment from Wane was (despite the obvious success under Madge), he'd like to do things differently and he pointed to narrow losses and a sub par performance against Widnes (I am certain he mentioned them) when we'd lost about half a dozen games or less all season. He was, apparently, going to improve on the best two seasons since 2006 by changing a winning formula. I was shocked when I read that quote. I thought he was being arrogant in that despite the team going from clueless under Noble to CC and GF winners (and convincingly) under Madge, Wane felt he knew better. Well regardless of what he thought about his own abilities and how he was going to improve things and yes, despite the trophies since then, he's taken this club backwards. From saying the few losses we got under Madge weren't good enough, we have lost a shed load this season. Someone should play that quote back to him and see what he has to say about it.
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20
Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18
Re: Powell returns for the Huddersfield game
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:03 am
muttywhitedog Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:52 pm
Posts: 181
He'd storm off in a huff, like he did when interviewed after the Widnes game last year.

Wane is downright stubborn and either cant or wont change his approach to coaching. He believes the amount of finals & semi finals he has got to justifies the style of play. The dwindling crowds, the narrowing of the wins and the level of the beatings when it doesn't go to plan suggests that more and more clubs have his one-style tactics sussed.

If he wishes to stay in post then he needs a Plan B & C.
Re: Powell returns for the Huddersfield game
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:12 am
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 13494
DaveO wrote:
Oh it's not the first time. I was getting slated on here for stating the obvious about Noble as well. Funny that.

Blah, blah. I was right about Noble and I am right about Wane. You know this so that is good enough for me despite silly comments as above. Am I glad I am right, do I enjoy watching the boring sub standard RL served up by both coaches? No, and neither do you.


And yet still, in all this time the Chairman has continued to deliver cup final appearances, silverware, etc.

How do you square that with your ongoing skepticism of him? Or do you just not bother trying?
Re: Powell returns for the Huddersfield game
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:16 am
PurpleCheeseWarrior Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:16 pm
Posts: 613
DaveO wrote:
If you are implying that was me, you'd be wrong. I could not wait to see the back of Noble. I was even in favour of Wane taking over when Madge left because I thought we'd see continuity but you might also recall me posting on here a comment about what Wane said just after he took over. That comment from Wane was (despite the obvious success under Madge), he'd like to do things differently and he pointed to narrow losses and a sub par performance against Widnes (I am certain he mentioned them) when we'd lost about half a dozen games or less all season. He was, apparently, going to improve on the best two seasons since 2006 by changing a winning formula. I was shocked when I read that quote. I thought he was being arrogant in that despite the team going from clueless under Noble to CC and GF winners (and convincingly) under Madge, Wane felt he knew better. Well regardless of what he thought about his own abilities and how he was going to improve things and yes, despite the trophies since then, he's taken this club backwards. From saying the few losses we got under Madge weren't good enough, we have lost a shed load this season. Someone should play that quote back to him and see what he has to say about it.


Nostra-f*cking-damus here. We all bow to your superior foresight. One question though, were you right last year when you were posting the same drivel word-for-word?

If being Super League and World Champions and possible Challenge cup winners all at once is the club going backwards, then long may our demise continue.
Re: Powell returns for the Huddersfield game
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:48 am
Bigredwarrior Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am
Posts: 1024
PurpleCheeseWarrior wrote:
Nostra-f*cking-damus here. We all bow to your superior foresight. One question though, were you right last year when you were posting the same drivel word-for-word?

If being Super League and World Champions and possible Challenge cup winners all at once is the club going backwards, then long may our demise continue.


Stop it Cheese, your positivity will not be tolerated! We are a backward thinking, poor recruiting club with a rubbish management team and the sooner we all realise it the better!! Stop being supportive of your club.

Seriously, I'd encourage those not happy to go and support Castleford. They can then enjoy the free flowing (so far trophyless) rugby they crave so badly!!

Personally I'll be sticking by my club as I have done since 1979.
Re: Powell returns for the Huddersfield game
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:16 am
RichieS User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:33 am
Posts: 53
I can't wait to see some of your posts when we mathematically cannot reach the semi's and are comprehensively beaten in the CC Final...I do wonder if your lets stay positive despite the dire season, even worse results and quite obvious lack of willingness to change from the coaching staff will still be alive...I think you will find some glimmer of hope to cling to and I guarantee this time next year, we will be in the same boat minus the quite obvious accomplishments (current champions and cc finalists) you happy-clappers cling too.

Leeds, St Helens, Castleford and Hull will leave us behind next year if we don't make some changes...it could well be a Wire-esque season for us if Wane continues to believe his tactics and the current roster will come good.
Re: Powell returns for the Huddersfield game
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:30 pm
P-J User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:51 pm
Posts: 1604
PurpleCheeseWarrior wrote:
Nostra-f*cking-damus here. We all bow to your superior foresight. One question though, were you right last year when you were posting the same drivel word-for-word?

If being Super League and World Champions and possible Challenge cup winners all at once is the club going backwards, then long may our demise continue.

Answer one simple question: do you enjoy going to the DW Stadium to watch the Wigan Warriors play rugby?

I don't anymore and neither do the people I go with. It's become a chore because the team simply isn't entertaining.

Wane is the cause of this. He needs to be thanked for his services and removed from his position as Head Coach. One or two great wins at the end of the season do not make up for the dross that is served up on a fortnightly basis.
Re: Powell returns for the Huddersfield game
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:50 pm
Itchy Arsenal User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:07 pm
Posts: 1035
Location: God's little acre
Bigredwarrior wrote:
Stop it Cheese, your positivity will not be tolerated! We are a backward thinking, poor recruiting club with a rubbish management team and the sooner we all realise it the better!! Stop being supportive of your club.

Seriously, I'd encourage those not happy to go and support Castleford. They can then enjoy the free flowing (so far trophyless) rugby they crave so badly!!

Personally I'll be sticking by my club as I have done since 1979.

what do you do if those supporters never come back?
We palpably cannot attract new supporters as dwindling crowds do not lie.
Current holders of 2 trophies can't sell more tha 4000 tickets for a CC SF 10 miles down the road.
I don't hear any upbeat marketing splurge on CC final ticket sales do you?
Something isn't right and it's the quality of play play for me that is at the heart of it.
Re: Powell returns for the Huddersfield game
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:58 pm
Orrell Lad User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:19 pm
Posts: 5910
Location: Still at the top
The armchair critics out in force again, they never learn :lol:
21 - 19 - 4

Warrington led 16-2 in Saturday's Grand Final, but their joy was short-lived as Wigan roared back to win the Super League title and extend the Wire's 58-year wait to be champions

Swearing harms children
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Akinwale Arobieke, apollosghost, Cherry_&_White, critch67, nikos, Pieman, spartakmixtapes and 125 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - cherryandwhite.co.uk



POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,618,6671,67176,1724,491SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 FT 
TODAY : 10:50
NRL
PARRAMATTA
30
- 8GOLD COAST
  
 > TODAY : 20:00
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
 < 
  TOMORROW : 09:00
NRL
SOUTHS
v
NZ WARRIORS  
  TOMORROW : 10:50
NRL
BRISBANE
v
ST GEORGE  
  TOMORROW : 20:00
SL
LEEDS
v
ST. HELENS  
  TOMORROW : 20:00
SL
HULL FC
v
HUDDERSFIELD  
  TOMORROW : 20:00
SL
WIGAN
v
SALFORD  
  Sat 19th Aug : 06:00
NRL
NEWCASTLE
v
MELBOURNE  
  Sat 19th Aug : 08:30
NRL
SYDNEY
v
WESTS  
  Sat 19th Aug : 10:30
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
CRONULLA  
  Sat 19th Aug : 15:00
CH1
HUNSLET
v
GLOUC  
  Sat 19th Aug : 15:15
8s
WARRINGTON
v
HALIFAX  
  Sat 19th Aug : 18:15
8s
CATALANS
v
LEIGH  
  Sat 19th Aug : 21:30
CH1
TORONTO
v
NEWCASTLE  
  Sun 20th Aug : 05:00
NRL
CANBERRA
v
PENRITH  
  Sun 20th Aug : 07:00
NRL
CANTERBURY
v
MANLY  
  Sun 20th Aug : 14:00
CH1
OXFORD
v
SOUTH WALES  
  Sun 20th Aug : 14:00
CH1
HEMEL
v
CELTIC  
  Sun 20th Aug : 15:00
CH1
COVENTY
v
LONDON  
  Sun 20th Aug : 15:00
8s
HULL KR
v
LONDON  
  Sun 20th Aug : 15:00
CH1
WORKINGTON
v
DONCASTER  
  Sun 20th Aug : 15:00
CH1
WHITEHAVEN
v
KEIGHLEY  
  Sun 20th Aug : 15:00
CH1
BARROW
v
YORK  
  Sun 20th Aug : 15:00
8s
WIDNES
v
FEATHERSTONE  
  Sun 20th Aug : 18:00
8s
TOULOUSE
v
ROCHDALE  
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM