WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - How much longer

Re: How much longer

Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:28 pm
tugglesf78 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

hengirl wrote:
To get rid of both Mossop and Crosby created a problem that wasnt going to be filled by Bretherton or Naverrette or Sutton,at the moment at least,Clubb was injured at the time with his neck it was madness to release those two with proper cover for the prop position.

Agree a little as Crosby (when he could be arsed) was better than Navarette or Bretherton (i see nothing in this lad yet personally, he is to top heavy, though its very early to rule him out)

Completely disagree on Sooty though. He is a superb talent and as aggressive as anyone in the squad. 10 times the player Mossop (became) or Crosby ever will be.
What's the rumpus, Tom?

Pemps wrote:
I can't confirm Bennett's exact words but I believe they were along the lines of "Strewth Ian, I wouldn't touch him with yours. He's a flammin' Gala".

Wigan Peer wrote:
I keep my bin under 30mph to avoid fines... :CURTAIN:

Please see for me if she's wearing a coat so warm
To keep her from the howlin' winds.

Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:09 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Sutton is having a fine season imo. He fell below his high standards on Thursday but in the main he's been head and shoulders our best prop. He makes a few too many errors for my liking but they're not lazy errors like FPN and mainly come from over eagerness.

Talking of Crosby, I wonder if Wire would be prepared to release him? I'd take him back here in a shot to go alongside Sutton, Clubb and Tautai. I'd also consider a punt on Bousquet from Catalans who is ooc.

Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:22 pm
easyWire User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

[quote="NickyKiss"
Talking of Crosby, I wonder if Wire would be prepared to release him? I'd take him back here in a shot to go alongside Sutton, Clubb and Tautai. I'd also consider a punt on Bousquet from Catalans who is ooc.[/quote]

Crosby hasn't been dropped on form, just personal circumstances. Will be interested to see how he goes next season hopefully under a new coach.

Hughes has been terrible this year after being outstanding last year. But he's a favourite of Smith and seems undroppable. You can have Hughes now we have Currie back if you like.

Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:52 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

easyWire wrote:
Crosby hasn't been dropped on form, just personal circumstances. Will be interested to see how he goes next season hopefully under a new coach.

Hughes has been terrible this year after being outstanding last year. But he's a favourite of Smith and seems undroppable. You can have Hughes now we have Currie back if you like.

Yeah I know the circumstances behind Crosbys absence but I just wonder if Wire want a rebuild and need cap space if they would be open to letting him leave (probably not as like you po Not out you'd guess they'd like to have a look at him first).

As for Hughes I remember stating last year when he was playing well that I was happy to see him kick on but ultimately he has too many flaws in his game to ever really make us regret letting him go. I didn't last season and clearly we don't now.
Previous