WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Sean O'Loughlin.
Re: Sean O'Loughlin.
Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:54 pm
Posted by Mr. Grumpy on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:54 pm
Mr. Grumpy User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

LovesToSpooge wrote:
Parents, peers and educators all have a large role to play in a child's upbringing. But ultimately it's the child which has the biggest say on their behavior. Everyone knows right from wrong. It's my belief that the majority of these individuals are brainless numpty's, who don't give a sh*t because of their total lack of intelligence and comprehension of their own actions. Perhaps it's a simplistic view but it's what I feel.

I agree to an extent, but say a parent had abandoned their child and they have to be brought up in foster care with other children who are in the same situation. Who are also angry people, and rightly so with what they have been brought up into. Is it the childs fault that they behave this way?

I know it is an extreme example, but it shows how their upbringing and also the people they hang around with can effect their behaviour in some ways
Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:40 pm
Posted by the18thman on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:40 pm
the18thman User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Bout 60 mins into game i think.

Oh right, no defence then. If it had been 80+ mins, then i wouldn't blame him. Stupid how football teams sub players for these last few minutes.
Rob Wire wrote:
WIGAN ARE BACK to what exactly ? Oh i see what you mean, back to beating weakened teams. How many key players did we have missing in the cup ?

Just remind us again how many key players did Saints have missing in last years grand final ?

When did you actually last beat a strong Saints or Warringtom team ? Don't include beating us last year at the HJ, we had a lead of around 14pts and were cruising then we lost both Briers and Monaghan, another example of Wigan capitalising on other teams misfortunes.

Gotta' love 'em.

"You can shove yer f****** England up yer a***"
Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:50 pm
Posted by JohnP on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:50 pm
JohnP User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Istilldontbelieveit wrote:
Tevez' actions, and in particular this most recent one, justify my decision to no longer take much interest in Football.

Shame too, as there was a time I paid a lot of interest as a neutral.

This.

Used to like footy a lot, but at the top level it's just lost it's soul. Reckon you'd have a much better time watching a lower league team these days - at least there's still an honesty there.
Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:02 pm
Posted by Uhtred on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:02 pm
Uhtred Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Mr. Grumpy wrote:
So you'd honestly give your child away to a total stranger? Dont be stupid.

The problem isnt just the teachers fault or the parents fault, its a combination of both, and also the group of "friends" they choose to hang round with

I'd love to know why teachers have any fault in a child's behavioural problems.
Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:03 pm
Posted by Wandering Warrior on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:03 pm
Wandering Warrior User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

the18thman wrote:
Oh right, no defence then. If it had been 80+ mins, then i wouldn't blame him. Stupid how football teams sub players for these last few minutes.

Whats worse is there was a player (Dzeko) who came off just before this happened who had a right little tantrum because he had been taken off. So they had one numpty throwing his dolly out because he had been taken off then Tevez the idiot saying balls to that im not going on :lol:
Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:06 pm
Posted by the18thman on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:06 pm
the18thman User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Whats worse is there was a player (Dzeko) who came off just before this happened who had a right little tantrum because he had been taken off. So they had one numpty throwing his dolly out because he had been taken off then Tevez the idiot saying balls to that im not going on :lol:

And thats why I don't watch footy anymore. They're always moaning.
Rob Wire wrote:
WIGAN ARE BACK to what exactly ? Oh i see what you mean, back to beating weakened teams. How many key players did we have missing in the cup ?

Just remind us again how many key players did Saints have missing in last years grand final ?

When did you actually last beat a strong Saints or Warringtom team ? Don't include beating us last year at the HJ, we had a lead of around 14pts and were cruising then we lost both Briers and Monaghan, another example of Wigan capitalising on other teams misfortunes.

Gotta' love 'em.

"You can shove yer f****** England up yer a***"
Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:57 pm
Posted by Pantherman on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:57 pm
Pantherman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Location: Shuffling along in life and dragging my ass on the ground!
Conroy wrote:
Don't agree with that. I think parents should be able to discipline their kids how they see fit.

Yes, in SOME cases, this could lead to abuse but I bet in 99.9% of cases it would lead to a more disciplined child.

My son was once playing up to the enth degree, I was disciplining him when he said to me " touch me and I will phone Childline" the answer he got was a defining moment for the both of us. I said to him "before you hit the last number on the phone I will give you something to report me for". the look on his and my face made him realise the line had been crossed. We never had any more trouble from him and he is now a son I am truely proud of.
Riding along on the crest of a wave..........
Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:46 pm
Posted by Suzy Banyon on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:46 pm
Suzy Banyon User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Your sadly deluded if that is what you believe. Parents have a lot less power now than they used to and this crap is all over TV every single day. Most kids nowadays have this I dont give a crap attitude but nobody is allowed to discipline them anymore. Teachers are made to feel scared and intimidated in their own classrooms rather than them being respected. The kids of today may not copy the exact actions of these footballers but the attitude that they can do what they want and that they are above the autoritites certainly rubs off on a lot of them.

I know plenty of people who are good parents but their kids have still done things very wrong. Times have changed.

I smell a Daily Mail reader.
roger daly wrote:
Oh dear, I believe you would be classed as s[sic] typical Wigan fan

wrencat1873 wrote:
It's the mighty Wigan, they can do whatever they want.

Big lads mate wrote:
you arrogant pot prick

Tricky2309 wrote:
Look prick do one

Willzay wrote:
you cocky pie eating c*nt.
Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:56 pm
Posted by Mr. Grumpy on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:56 pm
Mr. Grumpy User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Uhtred wrote:
I'd love to know why teachers have any fault in a child's behavioural problems.

Teachers being too afraid to dicipline students, causing them to have a lack of respect for authority which stems to lacking respect to the police and therefore the law....
Previous