WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Sean O'Loughlin-Man Of Steel?

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com Sean O'Loughlin-Man Of Steel?

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:13 am
Posted by Mark on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:13 am
Mark User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Sean "3rd man in" O'Loughlin shouldn't win it, he isn't influential enough for me, hsi style of play is more suited to the NRL which is probably why he does so well against them.
Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:15 am
Posted by DaveO on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:15 am
DaveO User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 13th / 76,387

Quiz Score: 0

Mr.Brightside wrote:
Isn't it now decided by players?

Yes and that makes it a more wide open race IMO.

With the press there was always the risk of a bit of a bandwagon developing but with the players I reckon you won't get that and will get a deserving winner, whoever it is.

It also may mean the winner doesn't necessarily come from a side that wins the GF or CC.

Lockers form this year has been very good and a big improvement on how he has played since he came back from his serious injury so he will be in with a shout but as someone else said at the moment there is no one player stood head and shoulders above the rest.

Hock won't get it. He has given too many of the people who would have to vote for him a smack! :lol:

Dave
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20
Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18
Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:27 am
Posted by Mr.Side on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:27 am
Mr.Side User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

DaveO wrote:
Yes and that makes it a more wide open race IMO.

With the press there was always the risk of a bit of a bandwagon developing but with the players I reckon you won't get that and will get a deserving winner, whoever it is.

It also may mean the winner doesn't necessarily come from a side that wins the GF or CC.

Lockers form this year has been very good and a big improvement on how he has played since he came back from his serious injury so he will be in with a shout but as someone else said at the moment there is no one player stood head and shoulders above the rest.

Hock won't get it. He has given too many of the people who would have to vote for him a smack! :lol:

Dave

I agree :lol:
Wigan Warriors RLFC.

Ancient and Loyal.
Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:12 am
Posted by Phuzzy on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:12 am
Phuzzy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Wolverine wrote:
Sean "3rd man in" O'Loughlin shouldn't win it, he isn't influential enough for me, hsi style of play is more suited to the NRL which is probably why he does so well against them.

Didn't get any further than the bold. You really don't have a clue do you. :roll:
Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:27 am
Posted by MadDogg on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:27 am
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Menzies is playing at a standard that is very impressive considering his age. I would love him at Wigan right now tbh on that right hand side. He would be able to play a similar role to how Hock plays on the fringes and provide similar opportunities for Gleeson and Roberts to which Hock does for Carmont and Richards.
Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:49 am
Posted by Odem on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:49 am
Odem User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Wolverine wrote:

Hes was top tackler 2 season's ago, you don't get given the tackle for being third man in.
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot
Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good
-
sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league
-
Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate
-
the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever
-
Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go
-
Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know
-
FIOS
Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:03 pm
Posted by Daz_4 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:03 pm
Daz_4 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Wolverine wrote:

What style is this?

He would never last in the NRL, or if he did last he would look poor compared to the players over there.
Previous